- This Shabbat’s prophetic portion is Jeremiah 1:1-2:3. Verses 1:11-12 are special to intercessors.
The Word of YHWH came to me saying, Jeremiah, what do you see? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree . And YHWH said to me, You have seen well; for I will watch over My Word to perform it.Jer. 1:11-12
- Thank You, Lord, that You are watching over Your Word to do that which You have said (Num. 23:19).
- We bless You for Your Word which gives us light and guides us (Psa. 119:105).
- Hallelujah! Your Word never returns to You without achieving its divine mission (Isa. 55:11).
- What an awesome gift it is to have Your written Word and to know Your Living Word – our Lord, Messiah Yeshua.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth. (John 1:1, 14)
- In line with 1st Timothy 2:1-4, we interceded first for Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu who, as usual, faces so many diverse and urgent matters that affect the state of the Jewish Nation.
- We thank You for the blessing of having Bibi Netanyahu as the leader of Israel at this time (Dan. 5:21b).
- Cause him to rest and to sleep (Psa. 23:2; 127:2b).
- Give Bibi a supernatural ability to prioritize (1 Kings 3:9).
- As he reads Your Word this Shabbat, use it to encourage him greatly (Psa. 119:114; 130).
- Impart to him wisdom to know which advice from his advisors is of You and which is not (Psa. 1:1-2).
- Guard his mouth so that what he declares to be Israel’s red lines are that without wavering (Psa. 141:3).
- As he is meeting with Russian President Putin five days before Putin meets with US President Trump, prepare Bibi’s heart to speak truth to Putin and to not compromise on Israel’s demands re: Iran in Syria.
- Deal with Putin as well, giving him a huge dose of the fear of the Lord before this meeting (Prov. 21:1)
- Maintain Netanyahu’s excellent relations with both Putin and Trump (Prov. 16:7).
- There are about 270,000 Syrian refugees in camps on the Israeli and Jordanian borders. This is a result of a military push by the Syrian army and Russian Air Force to cleanse out this area from rebels. Both Israel and Jordan have stated that they will not allow any of these refugees to enter – yet Israel is providing food, toys, medicines and medical services, and other life-essential materials.
- Lord Yeshua, walk in the midst of these refugee camps and pull out a remnant for Your holy name’s sake (Matt. 9:37-38).
- This is a humanly impossible situation to resolve, but You are not limited to only what we can think or pray. Therefore we look to You and ask for Your intervention (Jer. L32:17, 27).
- Do not allow this mass of refugees be turned into a weapon against Israel (Isa. 54:17).
- Reveal Your strategy to both the Israeli government and the IDF (Prov. 23:31).
- Abba, Israel has the borders that You have ordained for it at this time. Forbid them from being breached.
- As both north and south, Israel’s borders are under attack, arise and defend them (Isa. 60:18; Mal. 1:5).
- Open the eyes of the Syrian refugees that when their own government and fellow Muslims attack them – they end up running to hide under the borders of the Jewish State, Israel (Ex. 18:11; Zech. 8:23).
- Use this situation to improve relations between Israel and Jordan – in all areas (Luke 23:12).
- Lead the IDF commanders and soldiers to know how to act and react in all situations (Psa. 31:3).
- Release the IDF to fully defend this nation for Your glory’s sake (Mic. 4:11-13).
- Reveal all the Iranian agents and soldiers who are hiding among the Syrian troops along Israel’s border.
- Cause animosity to arise between the Farsi and Arabic speaking soldiers in Syria (Gen. 11:7-9).
- Send a spirit of paranoia into Syrian President Assad about Iran’s goal in his nation (1 Kings 22:22).
- Iran remains Israel’s most dangerous threat. Iranian President Rouhani in Europe this week, tried to blackmail EU leaders by threatening to pull out of the P5+1 nuclear deal unless they guarantee to cover all Iran’s loses due to Trump’s reinstatement of American sanctions. As of this writing he told them that their offer was insufficient.
- Deliver all EU leaders from the spirit of Chamberlin and install Churchill’s mindset instead (Psa. 138:3).
Thus says YHWH of Hosts: Behold, I will break the bow of Elam , the chief of their might. (Jer. 49:35) Abba, whatever Iran’s bow is, please break it now.
I will bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven on Elam, and will scatter them…And there shall be no nation where the outcasts of Elam shall not be, for I will cause Elam to be afraid before their enemies and those who seek their life. I will bring evil on them, even My fierce anger, says YHWH, and I will send the sword after them until I have destroyed them. (Jer. 49:36-37) Let Iran’s current leadership be so afraid of America and Israel that they continue to make major geo-political errors.
And I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy the king and the rulers from there, says YHWH. (Jer. 49:38) We bless You for setting Your throne in the hearts of so many Iranians through the revelation of Messiah Yeshua to them. Now Lord is it not time to deal also with their wicked king and rulers.
- Thank You that the Iranian Kurds are arising against the Iranian regime. Empower and sustain them.
- Stir up internal divisions and increase the riots and demonstrations in Iran’s cities (Luke 11:17).
- Deliver all Iranian believers from any residual spirits of anti-Semitism or anti-Zionism (Psa. 134:3).
- Teach our Iranian family how to pray (Luke 11:1).
- Israel’s Gaza border is by no means peaceful. Terrorist attempts, whether by trying to breach the security fence or via flaming kites, balloons, condoms, etc., cause much concern and anxiety for Israelis living there and for the government and IDF who are trying to protect Israel’s right to live in this area.
- We thank You for the technological advances Israel has already made to spot and defend against these flaming terror-toys and ask that You would give new solutions to these simple but deadly attacks.
Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, O people saved by YHWH, the shield of your help, and who is the sword of your excellency! And your enemies shall be found liars to you, and you shall tread on their high places. Deut. 33:29
Note: These are the last recorded words of Moses.
- Encourage the soldiers who are guarding that very hot area from these deadly attacks (Psa. 44:4-8).
- Thank You that there have been no successful kidnappings. May that continue (Psa. 121:4).
- Remove from Israel’s leaders the fear of man and the nations’ reactions to Israel defending itself and replace it with the fear of God (Prov. 29:25; Heb. 13:6).
For YHWH is our shield; yes, our King is the Holy One of Israel.Psa. 89:18
- Protect all of Israel – especially those at the Gaza periphery – from the spirit of Islamic hatred that streams over from Gaza daily (Psa. 91:4)
- Comfort the children who are dealing with the idea of fleeing from death daily (Psa. 23:4-6).
- We are so grateful that no Israeli lives have been lost during these demonstrations (Psa. 35:2).
- Yet there has been much damage emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Please send Your healing power upon Your people (Jer. 33:6; Mal. 4:2).
- Use the Messianic Body in this area to know how to pray and what to say (Isa. 40:1-2; 52:7-8).
- Israel’s water crisis continues as the level of the Sea of Galilee drops daily and even the Dead Sea is dying – or rather, drying up. Yet God has made a precious promise in Isaiah 41 that we prayed from and because He is faithful to watch over His Word, we wait expectantly for Him to move.
The poor and needy seek water, and there is none; their tongue fails for thirst, I YHWH will hear them, I the God of Israel will not leave them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. I will plant in the desert…so that they may see, and know, and look on, and understand together, that the hand of YHWH has done this; the Holy One of Israel has created it. Isa. 41:17-20
- Lord, since You said You have “created it” – using that same Hebrew word for “created” as You used in Genesis 1:1, then we ask You to create water in Israel miraculously.
- We will give You and You alone all the glory for this (Psa. 115:1-3).
- In faith, we speak to the Sea of Galilee, saying,
In the name of Yeshua, rise! (Mark 11:23)
- Abba, as Israel has been experiencing a series of earthquakes centered in the Sea of Galilee this past week, please use this to open up sources of water in the depths of the earth (Psa. 33:6-7).
- Cause rain out of season to fall on the Golan and flow into Israel’s lakes and streams (Zech. 10:1).
- Since our borders are under attack, and we are in a time of trouble and a day of battle, we ask You to release the snow and hail which You have reserved for such a time as this (Job 38:22-23).
- May this issue of water for Israel’s nature and agriculture not be used for political gain, but be a unifying concern for all Israel politicians regardless of where they stand on other issues (Psa. 133:1-3).
- Help Israel to communicate to its millions of tourists about this water shortage and may the tourists be willing to conserve in their water use.
…you have not because you ask not. (Jam. 4:2b)
- As this is the summer, it is a good time for families with children to consider moving home to Israel. So we prayed for an increase in aliyah.
- Please pray for the Jews in Your nation to see the handwriting on the walls and to set their sights on Zion (Jer. 50:4-5).
- Also ask the Lord Yeshua to wake up His Body in your nation to see that they have both a responsibility and the privilege to stand with God and help in this end time endeavor (Isa. 49:22; 60:1-12).
- The return of the Jews to the land is a major step in the return of the Jews to the Lord Yeshua.
- Please pray for the salvation of Israelis and the Jews in your birth nation.
- Also pray for the Messianic Body in Israel to be all the salt and light our Lord wants us to be (Matt. 5:13-16).
We thank you so much for standing with us at this very dramatic time in Israel and the world’s history. It is wonderful to serve the only God who is the God of history and to see His hand in action.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion,
The IFI team
For YHWH is our judge, YHWH is our lawgiver, YHWH is our king; He will save us. Isa. 33:22