By Christine Darg
It’s a global phenomenon! A marathon of worldwide intercession is intensifying and snowballing, warp speed!
I am amazed and encouraged by how many of our prayer partners all over the world are intensely involved in praying for the US Presidential election.
Friends from as far away as the Philippines are urgently and intensely interceding every evening, as are choice intercessors in China or relatively obscure places such as the Island of Jersey.
Travelling with the speed of Light are prayer salvos for freedom.
Many intercessors are motivated by sentiments expressed by a close prayer partner:
“I am holding our children in heavy prayer that God will shake them to the core that liberty in all its forms must be won anew in every generation. May the Lord SHOW them they cannot simply sit back, go to church for self-edification, earn a living and expect to enjoy freedoms we enjoyed. Slipping quickly. Sadly, many do NOT have historical understanding of Communism. Antifa is NOT European socialism.”
The remnant worldwide perceives that a Biden win would mean a capitulation to globalism whereas the presidency of Donald Trump has restrained globalism and blessed Israel (Genesis 12:3). Trump has given believers a reprieve from the race towards a One World government—not to mention his Administration’s restraint on the alarming moral issues such as the Democratic platform concerning abortion.
In my video this week, “Corruption: From Bad to Worse,” I talk about the need for persistence in prayer in this strategic hour and how the Lord promises SPEEDY vindication in his parable of the Unjust Judge. Elijah prayed seven times before God answered him.“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” (James 5:16)
A friend and a man of God, Malcolm Hedding, issued a prayer alert this week in which he stated that “the Holy Spirit is calling upon the Church to work with God in prayer and intercession, now more than ever, in order to resist this assault by dark demonic powers. This call to prayer is more urgent than that which went out before the elections.”
Time after time, whether it was the impeachment hoax or a brief interlude with Covid, God has raised up intercession to save the President. Psalm 41: 7-8 describes the level of hatred of his detractors:
“All that hate me whisper together against me do they devise my hurt. An evil disease, say they, cleaves fast unto me and he shall rise up no more.”
As part of their weekly prayer alert, Intercessors for Israel issued the following verses for prayer:
“This situation remains very murky at the present. As intercessors for Israel, we are praying about how the results, regardless of who wins, impacts Israel and God’s Kingdom.
- Bring about the final result that will bring the most glory to Your name (Psa. 115:1-3).
- You who brought order out of chaos at creation are still in total control (Gen. 1:2; Psa. 103:19).
- In mercy, create order out of the chaos that has descended on America today (Psa. 107:29).
- Encourage our American family in Messiah to look to You and trust in Your sovereignty, even as many are still warring for justice to be done (Psa. 103:19; 135:7; Rev. 17:17).
- Lord, reveal all injustice and theft that has happened during the election (Job 12:22).
- Bring to light all unrighteousness and as Judge of all the earth, deal with it (Gen. 18:25b; 1 Cor. 4:5).
- We desire for righteousness to prevail in this election and the next US government (Prov. 14:34).
- Recall with mercy all that Trump has done to further Your kingdom purposes in relation to Israel.
- Thank You that many believers worldwide have been interceding over this election (Psa. 65:1).
- Regardless of the result, do not allow any of us/them to think prayers are useless (Psa. 4:1).
This is not the time to stop asking for God’s mercy. So much hangs in the balance. Should the Lord tarry, I pray for four more years of leadership that defends religious freedom, supports law and order, and is the most pro-life Administration ever.
Meanwhile, the Haftarah portion this week was quite interesting — the passage where Adonijah proclaims himself king in 1 Kings 1:1-31.
Also, as in the days of Queen Esther, Haman is beginning to fall. (Esther 6:13) God delays the outcome to expose corruption.
This is a period of sifting, winnowing, separating sheep, goats and exposing wolves in shepherd’s clothing.
Prayer: We humble ourselves in your Presence, Lord, and look to your providential Hand.