- Praise: There is a word of exhortation in this Shabbat’s prophetic portion that is as current a word for us as any in all of the Scripture.
Who is among you that fears YHWH, that obeys the voice of His servant, yet walks in darkness, and has no light? Let him trust in the name of YHWH, and stay upon his God.Isa. 50:10
- Lord, thank You for telling us that there are times when we will not understand what is happening yet we must continue to live trusting in You and You alone (Prov. 3:5)!
- We bless You for being God even of the darkness (Psa. 18:11, 29: 97:2; 107:14; 139:2).
- As You are worthy of all praise, we trust You implicitly to be faithful (Num. 23:19; 2 Tim. 2:13).
- Thank You that we can trust in You name – Your essential character – at all times (Prov. 18:10).
- Bless You for Your Word which is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (Psa. 119:105).
- Lord, we gratefully thank You for testing our faith, showing us what areas we need strengthened by focusing on You.
And this He said to prove him, for Yeshua knew what He would do.(John 6:6)
- What a joy to know that through the empowerment of Your indwelling Spirit we have all we need to do all You ask us to do (Acts 1:8).
- Government: We sense that God is using this dysfunctional unity government to continue to clear out the dross and that He alone will receive the glory. So we continue to pray.
I will…purge away your dross…and I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as in the beginning. Afterward you shall be called, ‘The city of righteousness, the faithful city.’ Zion shall be redeemed with justice and those who return with righteousness.Isa. 1:25-27
- God of Israel, please sift out all who are not worthy to rule in Israel (Ezek. 34:10).
- Lord, purge out the dross in the ultra-Orthodox parties who only look to themselves (Isa. 56:11).
- Do the same with all the other parties – especially the anti-Zionist Arab parties (Psa. 129:5).
- Abba, work in those whom You are raising up to eventually rule in Your nation (Mal. 3:3-4).
- Raise up Israeli Arabs politicians who recognize the benefits of living in Israel (Psa. 51:18)
- Also raise up a new generation of politicians who are biblical lovers of Zion (Psa. 84:7; 87:2).
- Prepare the next generation leaders today for the role You have for them tomorrow (2 Tim. 2:2).
- Since nothing is impossible with You, we ask for a special anointing on Finance Minister Yisrael Katz and on Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi to become blessings for Israel (Jer. 32:17, 27).
- Give Israel more leaders who are zealous for truth (Psa. 43:3; 51:6; 3 John 1:4).
- Impart to them true discernment to know lies when they hear them (Psa. 18:28; Isa. 5:20).
- We ask You – and not man – to determine Bibi Netanyahu’s time in office (Psa. 75:6-7).
- He is still Israel’s leader, so shield him from all attacks and hedge in his way so that he – by Your grace – finishes his time in office in a way that brings You glory (Psa. 3:1-3; 2 Sam. 23:2-4).
- Lord, forbid new elections until it is Your time to end this current government (Psa. 135:6).
- Health & economy – Covid-19: Israel’s war against Covid-19 has gone from victory to chaos. The way-too-many voices sharing the way-too-many opinions are definitely not helping.
- Lord, please release Prof. Ronni Gamzu, Israel’s new “corona-czar,” from all political and other traps that prevent him from doing what he is asked to do (2 Chr. 31:21; Eccl. 9:10).
- Enable him to deal with the truth, the real facts and not manipulated statistics (Zech. 8:16).
- Give him a platform and an ability to communicate clearly to the public (Psa. 64:9; 96:3).
- Block all misinterpretation of the facts from all government decisions (Prov. 19:21).
- Send a spirit of unity to the government’s corona round table where decisions are made (Psa. 133:1).
- Watch over all their decisions and only allow those which are of You to be made (Psa. 33:10-11).
- Stop the mouths of the media who exaggerate and cause panic with distorted headlines (Dan. 6:22).
- Lord, help Israel to know how to balance health, education and economic needs (Prov. 16:1, 9).
- Provide supernatural protection, energy and wisdom for all medical personnel (Psa. 44:5; 80:17).
- Ignite the spark that rekindles Israel’s pre-Covid-19 strong economy (Deut. 28:5; Amos 9:13).
- Bring Netanyahu and Gantz into one accord so that they can pass a budget by the end of this month, unless You want to use that to push Israel into automatic new elections.
- Use this pandemic to draw people to seek You – here in Israel and globally (Jer. 29:12-13).
- Security – Northern Israel: This area has been a focus of security activities recently. There were two attacks – a failed Hizbullah infiltration on the Lebanese border and a failed Iranian backed infiltration on the Syrian border on the Southern Golan.
- Thank You that the IDF was able to effectively thwart these two attacks this week (Psa. 4-8).
- We give You the glory for any victories that the IDF has been able to accomplish (Psa. 44:3).
- Thank You for the safety of IAF pilots and planes as they take the battle to the enemy (Psa. 36:5).
- Continue to release angelic protection over Your nation, especially in the north (Psa. 68:17).
- Thank You for the precise actionable intelligence that Israel constantly obtains (Prov. 4:7; 16:16).
- Lord, bring deep division between President Assad of Syria and the Iranian leadership (Psa. 55:9).
Behold, He who guards Israel shall not slumber or sleep.(Psa. 121:4) Amen!
- Security – Hizbullah in Lebanon: This past Tuesday a massive explosion at the port in Beirut Lebanon killed at least 150, injured over 5,000, and left 300,000 homeless. This is an example of what storing explosive materials in the midst of civilian areas can do and many Lebanese are pointing the finger at Hizbullah. Is this explosion of what might be a Hizbullah warehouse an example of them, the Lebanese government and many if its people being cursed for their constant cursing of Israel?
- Have much mercy Lord on the Lebanese people at this time (Psa. 23:4; 2 Cor. 1:3).
- Help them to see that Israel is not their enemy (1 Kin. 5:7-12).
- Let Israel’s many offers to help the Lebanese people be made known to them (Psa. 120:7).
- Reveal the truth of who is responsible for this devastating explosion (Job 12:22).
- Wake up at least some Hizbullah terrorists to see the destruction they are bringing to Lebanon and its people (Matt. 5:44).
- Empower the Lebanese to rise up and destroy Hizbullah’s chokehold on their nation (Nah. 1:13).
- Baptize the true Church in Lebanon with the Spirit’s anointing to be part of the solution (Acts 1:8).
Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?(Isa. 29:17) Bring this day soon, most gracious Lord.
- Security – IDF: Considering its size and the constant attacks against this nation, to have an army like the IDF guarding Israel today is an obvious work of God for all who have eyes to see.
- We bless You for maintaining the IDF as
an exceedingly great army(Ezek. 37:10).
- We thank You for IDF Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi, whom seems to be the right man for this job.
- Guide him from above in all his decisions concerning the IDF (Prov. 21:30-31).
- Guard Kochavi’s heart from all political ambitions (2 Chr. 32:26; Luke 14:10-11).
- We are grateful that Defense Minister Benny Gantz is doing a good job in this position, although he is a real pain to Netanyahu and other conservatives in most other areas (1 Cor. 12:18).
- Help Gantz to focus on this and not to interfere in areas where he lacks expertise (Prov. 27:8).
- Impart wisdom to Gantz and Kochavi concerning the IDF’s use of finances (Eccl. 7:12).
- Lead them to make wise equipment replacement decisions (Psa. 95:6-7).
- Thank You that years ago Netanyahu saw how central cyberwarfare would become and had pushed for Israel to become a world leader in this field (Josh. 1:11; Prov. 24:27).
- May Israel’s cyberwarfare division be far ahead of its enemies capabilities (Psa. 89:18; Isa. 33:22).
- Give wisdom for major breakthroughs in this area and wisdom to know who to share them with.
- Build up Israel’s walls of protection from all cyberwarfare attacks (Psa. 51:18; Zech. 2:5).
- We bless You for maintaining the IDF as
- Judea, Samaria and the Jordan Valley: The extension of Israeli sovereignty has taken a back seat to the multitudinous crises that Israel has been dealing with. Yet it was just reported that it could still happen this month. Reportedly, it depends on what the White House decides. Also the US peace team seems to want to “sweeten the pie” for the Palestinians. If anything will turn God’s favor away from President Trump it is playing games with His land. Trump’s plan presented in January was good for Israel and finally demanded of the Palestinians to act like peaceful neighbors. To now press Israel for more useless “good-will gestures” might seal Trump’s fate in November’s elections. America believers, be not deceived. The Bible clearly states that what nations do with God’s land at this time of Israel’s restoration is the make-or-break issue for the destiny of that nation.
For, behold, in those days…when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem , I will also gather all nations, and bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat , and will plead with them there for My people and My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land.Joel 3:1-2
- We say “yes” the plan Trump presented in January, but “no way” to all the various changes made in that plan since then (Matt. 5:37).
- Lord, take control of this situation and make it happen in Your way and in Your timing (Psa. 9:1-3).
- We ask for Your will to be done in Israel in Your timing, and that neither US approval nor the rest of the world’s disapproval would stand in the way (Isa. 40:13-17).
- Cut any unbiblical “apron strings” Israel still has with the US (Num. 23:9; Deut. 33:28).
- Deal with the anti-Palestinian racism in so much Western thinking, where no one really believes that what Palestinians leaders say, they actually mean, when they threaten to destroy Israel.
- Forbid Israelis from receiving the spirit of Esau and despising their inheritance (Gen. 25:31-34).
- Bring all Israeli settler leaders into unity (Psa. 133:1).
- Aliyah: The regathering of the scattered Jewish people is still a top priority in God’s end-time plans. After all, for Messiah to return, all Israel (whatever “all” may actually mean), needs to be saved to cry to Him,
Baruch haba b’Shem Adonai; Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.(Matt. 23:37-39) And since Israel’s national salvation happens in the land (Jer. 32:37-40; Zech. 12:10, plus many other verses), aliyah is a necessary pre-event to His Second Coming.
- Lord, thank You for all the believers in the Body of Messiah, especially the gentiles, who have this burden and are doing all they can to help see it come to pass (Isa. 49:22).
- Bless You for our sisters and brothers who intercede for all Israel to return (Jer. 31:6-9).
- Use the Covid-19 pandemic to drive Your people home (Jer. 16:16).
- By Your grace, help all Jews who have returned to remain in Israel (Amos 9:14-15).
- Do not allow the memories of the “leeks and onions of Egypt” drag them away (Num. 11:5).
- Despite all the other responsibilities this government has, show them that providing finances for the regathering and resettling of Your people in Your land is a top priority in Your sight (Jer. 32:41-42).
- Remove all political and bureaucratic stones from the path of Your people (Isa. 62:10).
- Remove all Rabbinic Judaism stones as well (Isa. 57:14).
- Move on more Rabbis in exile to come home and to lead their congregants to Israel (Jer. 3:14-15).
- Let Jews of all types be welcomed back to Israel (Jer. 31:8-9).
- Especially place a huge welcome mat out for all the Jews from Ethiopia, from India, and from Central and South America (Isa. 43:5-7).
- Speak to wealthy Jews and wealthy Christians to invest in this prophetic end-time fulfillment (Ezra 1:3-4; Rom. 15:27).
- Prepare the Jews who come back to see this move as an adventure – with all the good and difficult times one associates with great adventures (Job 29:3; Psa. 23:4; Isa. 50:10).
- Lord Yeshua, please lovingly confront any Messianic Jew who refuses to be open at least to the possibility of returning home (Isa. 35:10; 51:11).
- Remind them that they are in “exile” and “captivity” according to the Word (Psa. 137:4-6; Jer. 30:3).
- As many Jews are learning to work from home during Covid-19, speak to them that they might as well do that from Israel rather than from exile (Isa. 43:19).
- This Shabbat’s prophetic portion ends with this verse:
For YHWH shall comfort Zion; He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, her desert like the garden of YHWH; joy and gladness shall be found there, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.(Isa. 51:3)
Thank you for interceding with us. It can be encouraging at times and very disheartening at other times, according to how we view God’s answers to our prayers. Yet we are learning that as we press on in prayer – in line with His will as revealed in His Word – then what we think is not an answer to our prayers, often becomes a part of His way of answering them. The Lord refuses to have us put Him in a box by expecting Him to answer our prayers only in our way. Then as we look back at all the answers He has graciously granted to us – our faith is built up to continue to pray into the future for His kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is already set in heaven.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion
For the IFI team
Leave A Comment