- Praise: We just observed Tisha B’Av, a day of mourning and fasting over the destruction of both Temples and other disasters that Jews have experienced either on or near this date. So the prophetic portions the rabbis have chosen for this Shabbat and until the end of the Jewish year focus on comfort. This Shabbat’s portion is Isaiah 40:1-26.
The glory of YHWH shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together…Isa. 40:5a
- God the Son, thank You for becoming the man Yeshua and glorifying Your Father (John 12:28).
- We are blessed by Your beautiful creation which speaks all about Yourself (Psa. 19:1; Rom. 1:20)
- What an incredible revelation to see that we, both male and female, are made in Your image, and that we still have that – even though in a less-than-perfect form – after the Fall (Gen. 1:27; cp. 9:6).
- Hallelujah! You are a God of love before and after the Cross (Deut. 4:37; Zeph. 3:17; 1 John 3:16).
The grass withers, the flower fades: but the Word of our God shall stand forever.Isa. 40:8
- Thank You that in this confusing, chaotic time, Your Word reveals Your will to us (Psa. 119:105).
- What a joy to see You fulfilling Your Word despite the resistance of the nations (Psa. 33:10-11).
- We say amen to this week’s Torah portion’s declaration that You alone are God!
Know therefore… that YHWH He is God in heaven above, and on the earth beneath. There is none else!(Deut. 4:39)
- Because of this truth, we rest in You, knowing there are no emergencies in heaven (Isa. 42:9)!
- Government: As we pray for Israel’s current government, we look to the One who said He uses the weak and foolish things of the world to confound the wise (1 Cor. 1:27-28).
- Lord, we rejoice in 1 Corinthians 1:29 which reveals to us the reason why You so often use the weak and foolish:
So that no flesh should glory in His presence.
- Either help this government move in a more united way or move Israel to new elections. In this we simply ask for “Your will to be done” because we are not certain which is best (Luke 11:2).
- For Your people’s sake, decrease the chaos in the government and increase the order (1 Cor. 14:33).
- Abba, protect PM Bibi Netanyahu from all spiritual, physical, and emotionally attacks (Zech. 2:5).
- In his very difficult political and personal situation, move on Bibi to call upon You (Psa. 50:15).
- Confront Netanyahu in any area in which he is putting his needs above Israel’s (Prov. 21:1).
- Increase the number and influence of all the “sons of Issachar” in Israel’s government (1 Chr. 12:32).
- We plead for You to oversee, and overrule if needed, all of Israel’s government’s plans (Prov. 19:21).
- Quickly mature the next generation of Israeli politicians to have the wisdom and ability to bear the burden of Your nation into the future. We thank You for many of them (Psa. 118:1).
- Lord, we rejoice in 1 Corinthians 1:29 which reveals to us the reason why You so often use the weak and foolish:
- Israeli Society: The lack of stability that Covid-19 has caused to Israel’s society has resulted in demonstrations and a general sense of unrest. While this is acceptable in a democracy, the many demonstrations leading to riots, trying to unseat Netanyahu as Israel’s prime minister could be seen as anti-democratic as while a majority of Israelis voted three times recently to have him lead this nation, these demonstrators are trying to use violence, intimidation and other tactics to remove him.
- Lord, help the government and police force discern between the legitimate demonstrators and those that are wanting to wipe out the decision of the majority of Israel’s citizens (Matt. 13:41; 1 Tim. 1:9).
- Protect the legitimate demonstrations over the government’s handling of the coronavirus crisis and the economy – but prevent them from turning to rioting and violence.
- Aid the police in dealing with all professional agitators from either the right or the left (Prov. 12:13).
- Enable them to do this quickly and efficiently (Eccl. 8:11).
- Lord God, fight against the spirits of lawlessness and anarchy that run in the streets (Psa. 35:1; 68:1).
- May the authorities pass a law against all demonstrations in residential areas or in front of ministers’ homes – as this is just another form of the spirit of Jezebel – that is, intimidation (1 Sam. 15:23).
- Lord Yeshua, most of these demonstrators are sheep without a true shepherd. Walk in the midst of them and pluck out a harvest for Your holy name’s sake (Matt. 9:36; 1 Pet. 2:25).
- Lord God, please allow Your angels to shine in the midst of these protests (Psa. 103:20-22).
- Coronavirus: The world is going to be dealing with this virus and its results for a long time. Whether one believes it is all a big conspiracy or not, the reality is that this pandemic has shaken up humanity in such a way that returning to “normal’ does not appear to be possible in the near future. Meanwhile, Israel has a new corona-czar, Ronni Gamzu, and according to many reports, he could be the answer to our prayers that God would raise up one person to lead this war.
- Lord, we are so glad that no conspiracy takes You by surprise (Isa. 46:10).
- In fact, Your Word reveals You as the One behind some conspiracies, using them for Your purposes:
For God had put in their hearts to fulfil His will, and to agree, and give their kingdom to the beast , until the words of God shall be fulfilled.(Rev. 17:17)
- Use this pandemic for the good of Your people Israel and the true Church (Psa. 103:19: Rom. 8:28).
- Thank You for Prof. Ronni Gamzu, Israel’s newly appointed “corona-czar” (Est. 4:14b).
- With all the support he is getting, prevent any pride from creeping into his heart (Job 33:16-18).
- Enable the leaders of all sectors of society to work openly and honestly with Gamzu (Ex. 18:25).
- Remove all personal animosity from anyone which might hinder him in any way (Heb. 12:15).
- His “New Contract” plan between the government and the people looks good on paper. We ask You to watch over it and make it good in reality and implement this plan quickly (Psa. 127:1).
- Thank You that his main burden is to clearly communicate the government’s plans to the people.
- Please give him all the authority he needs to get the job done (Luke 9:1).
- Abba, we are amazed that while the “second wave” in Israel has resulted in many more infected, there have been fewer deaths and people in serious condition compared to the first wave (Ex. 8:22).
- Please continue to shield Your people from the worst effects of this plague (Psa. 115:9).
- Also shield them from the intimidation and lies of the blame-Bibi media (Mic. 6:9-12)
- Strengthen and encourage all medical personnel (Psa. 20:1-2).
- Provide all they need to be a blessing to Israel at his time (2 Cor. 8:15).
- Use this life-changing time to turn many Israelis unto You and not to look to man (Lam. 5:21).
- Security – Hizbullah in Lebanon: Hizbullah chief Nasrallah has threatened revenge against Israel over a Hizbullah officer whom Israel accidently killed in Syria. Defense Minister Gantz and Netanyahu have warned Lebanon to rein in Hizbullah as they will hold that nation to account. Yet Lebanon is under Hizbullah’s mafia-style control and is in deep distress. Recently, many Lebanese have rightly pointed fingers at Hizbullah as the main reason for their nation’s horrid situation.
- God please help the Lebanese to overthrow their wicked Hizbullah tyrants (Zech. 11:1).
- Move Lebanon into a position of being able to live in peace with Israel (1 Kin. 5:1-12).
- Pour out the fear of Israel’s God on all Hizbullah’s leaders – especially Nasrallah (Isa. 2:19).
- Save many Hizbullah members but destroy that wicked organization (Matt. 5:44; Isa. 14:30).
- Let Hizbullah fall into the trap it constantly tries to set for Israel (Psa. 9:5-6, 15, 19-20).
- Continue to send confusion and chaos in the Hizbullah and Iranian leadership (Psa. 129:5).
- Anoint Israeli intelligence to know what Nasrallah is planning – and the timing of it (Job 12:22).
- Thank You for overseeing the increase of IDF forces in the north (Prov. 21:31).
- Lord, prevent any more Israeli drones from falling into enemy territory.
- Increase the security of Jewish institutions and synagogues in exile as well (Ezek. 11:16).
- Give wisdom to the believers in Israel’s north and in Lebanon on how to pray (Col. 1:9).
- Remove all anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist influences from the true Lebanese Church (Num. 24:9b).
- We bless You for the angelic protection You have placed on all of Israel’s borders (Psa. 34:7).
, ‘YHWH will be magnified from the border of Israel’.Mal. 1:5
- Security – the IDF: Besides being tasked with protecting this nation, the IDF will now also be working to help coordinate certain areas of the war against the coronavirus.
- Lord, we again bless You for the IDF’s Chief of Staff Avi Kochavi who seems to be the right man in at the right time (Psa. 80:17).
- Continue to surround him with godly and wise counselors (Prov. 20:18; 24:6).
- Keep the IDF above the fray of political correctness and politics in general (Psa. 44:5-8).
- Forbid that radical feminism put both men and women in the IDF in danger (Gen. 5:2).
- Use the IDF as the place were future unity among Israelis is created and solidified (Isa. 11:12-14).
- Help Defense Minister Benny Gantz to be all he needs to be for Israel today (Zech. 9:13).
- Protect Israel’s off shore oil platforms from all sea based attacks (Psa. 74:13; 78:53).
- Forbid the very hot weather from withering the alertness of the IDF soldiers (Isa. 21:6, 11-12).
- Guard all soldiers – in fact all Israelis – from kidnappings and car-rammings (Psa. 121:1-3).
- Be a medical shield over the IDF against Covid-19 (Psa. 91:5-6).
- Thank You for the Israeli Navy. Position them exactly where they need to be (Psa. 29:3-4).
- Continue to bless and use the Israeli Air Force, and also place them in the right positions (Isa. 31:5).
- Aliyah: Interest among Jews to come home has increased dramatically since “coronavirus” has become a household word. They need to be encouraged and helped by prayer and in other ways to perceive that returning to Israel is what is best and safest for them and their families both now and in the future.
He that scattered Israel will gather him, and guard him, as a shepherd does his flock.Jer. 31:10
- Lord, supply all the needs of all organizations – both Jewish and Christian – who are dedicated to helping Your people return home (Psa. 24:1; 50:10-12; Hag. 2:3).
- Thank You, God of Israel, for the huge numbers of Jews wanting to return. Please forbid that even if a vaccine is developed against Covid-19 these Jews will not lose sight of this goal (Jer. 51:9-10).
- Prepare Israel to receive, absorb and guide all new immigrants (Jer. 23:3).
- Wake up the Church to its biblical responsibility to be part of this – to pray, to pay and to proclaim the truth that God is returning His people to His land for His holy name’s sake (Ezek. 36:21-24).
- Please preserve El Al if for no other reason than to fly Your people home (Isa. 60:8).
- God, show rabbis in exile that there is no biblical call for them to remain as rabbis in exile, but even if they end up as dishwashers or street-sweepers in Israel, there is a command for them to come home.
- Quicken these verses to all Jews – including our Messianic family – in today’s “Babylon”:
How shall we sing YHWH’s song in a strange land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her skill. If I do not remember you, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.(Psa. 137:4-6)
- Continue to use Covid-19 and rising anti-Semitism to mess up all the comfortable cages of Your people living outside of Your land (Jer. 16:16).
- Salvation: As already mentioned, this past week Jews in Israel and worldwide observed Tisha B’Av by fasting and reading the book of Lamentations.
- Thank You Lord, that Your love for this people is always on display – even when You disciple them for their sins (Jer. 30:11; Heb. 12:5-8).
- Many Jews have experienced serious deep trauma. Abba, reveal to them Your son, and turn their mourning into rejoicing and praise (Isa. 61:3)
- Today, as humanity’s direction is so confusing, open many more Jewish eyes to You (Psa. 121:1-3),
- Allow the climax of Lamentations to ring incessantly in the hearts and minds of Jews at this time.
It is by YHWH’s covenant-love that we are not consumed, and because His mercies do not fail. They are renewed every morning: great is Your faithfulness.(Lam. 3:22-23)
- Abba, reveal to Your people Your Son so that they can love
truth and peacein a biblical way and so that we may see this fast day turned into a day of joy and rejoicing (Zech. 8:18-19).
- Pour out a spirit of repentance as Your people recite Lamentations 5:21:
Turn us unto You YHWH, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
- We rejoice to see so many Jewish believers in the world today. More, Lord (Psa. 14:7; Rom. 11:26)!
- Touch the unsaved loved ones of Messianic Jews during this season (Acts. 16:31).
- Use believers in the medical fields and in the IDF to provoke many to jealousy (Rom. 11:11, 14).
- Make this verse a reality in the Body of Messiah in Israel and in the nations:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you…(1 Pet. 3:15a)
Shabbat shalom and blessings from the city of the Great King (Psa. 48:2; Matt. 5:35b).
For the IFI team
Leave A Comment