As Israel is basically on lock-down, we had to cancel all our prayer meetings yet we are still praying and following the news with an eye on what God might be fulfilling.
- Praise: Often what God does, or does not do, or what He allows, or does not allow, differs from what we would expect, yet we can trust Him because His essential nature never changes.
- Your name, that is Your essential nature, is our strong tower and we run into who You are to find safety and strength at this time (Prov. 18:10).
For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore you sons of Jacob are not consumed.(Mal. 3:6) Amen!
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says YHWH. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.(Isa. 55:8-9) Amen!
- Thank You that You are in control despite mankind’s actions or approval (1 Chr. 16:31).
- Because You do know the end from the beginning – nothing, including this coronavirus – takes You by surprise (Isa. 46:10).
- Lord Yeshua, thank You for telling us in advance, in general terms, what will happen at the end of this age (Luke 21:11; John 16:4a).
- Lord, bless You for always leading us in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake (Psa. 23:3).
- Israel & the coronavirus: It is amazing how suddenly this virus has dominated the world’s attention and impacted all of our lives. It is the main headline news in Israel and probably in most other nations. The numbers who die or are infected are updated constantly. As this virus can attack anyone all of humanity has been drawn into this war together. Yet what this means prophetically, we can only guess at as we watch the headlines and pray in alignment with God’s lines – His Word.
- Thank You Lord that Israel was at the forefront of recognizing how dangerous this is and has acted to protect Israel’s citizens and to be an example to the nations (Isa. 60:3).
- We bless You that as of this writing there have been no deaths in Israel (Psa. 121:4).
- We are grateful that Bibi Netanyahu is still Israel’s leader today (Prov. 29:2). (That can also change suddenly as we share below).
- Use his understanding of history to see the patterns and respond in a godly manner (Prov. 21:1).
- Give him and all his advisors wisdom to know what to do and what not to do (Prov. 4:5-7).
- Aid them to balance personal freedom and national security (Rom. 13:-14).
- Help Israelis to submit to all decrees that are proper in Your sight for this crisis (1 Sam. 8:19).
- Protect the medical personnel from catching this virus and from getting burnt-out (Psa. 23:1-3).
- Lord, we see how Israel’s overall medical situation is in need of an upgrade in its ability to handle a major crisis. Please let the next government give the Health Ministry all it needs to do that.
- Protect the IDF personnel and give them wisdom as they have been called on to help the police as they police this people and enforce the government’s guidelines (Titus 3:1).
- Politics: The baton to form a new government has been given to Blue & White’s leader Benny Gantz. Both the anti-Zionist Arab Joint List and Avigdor Liberman’s party recommended him to be prime minister. Yet he must still reach an agreement with these and other parties to actually form a government. He is already facing rebellion from inside B&W because he clearly said the week before the elections that he would not depend on the Arab parties to govern. Many Israelis who voted for B&W feel justifiably betrayed, while other Israelis – especially those whose lives have been shattered by terrorists who the Arab parties exalt as heroes – are furious, as well as, dejected at Gantz and the other B&W party leaders – Lapid, Ashkenazi and Ya’alon. When he accepted the mandate, Gantz vowed to put together “a national government, one that is as patriotic and broad as possible…” Not a word about it being “Zionistic”!
- Abba, have mercy on Israel and give it a government that You can use for Your glory (Psa. 115:1-3).
- You have exposed the hatred in the hearts of the leaders of the Left and Arab parties against Bibi. Forbid that their hatred be allowed to be the foundation of a new government (Prov. 10:12; 15:17).
- As efforts to form a unity government are underway, do not allow Bibi and the Likud to compromise on any vital issues concerning Israel that would put them in opposition to Your will (Prov. 11:21).
- Lord Yeshua, hold back the powers of darkness from having their way (Dan. 10:13).
- You said You would curse those who curse Your people (Num. 24:9b). You have heard how often and consistently the Arab Joint List leaders and its members have done that. Lord of righteousness – is it not time to deal with them based on Your Word?
- God of Israel, forbid this nation from having a government that turns back from any of the incredible advances Netanyahu has made which have been in line with Your prophetic will (Jer. 23:3-4).
- Security: At this time, Iran and other terrorist elements in the Middle East have turned from their goal of destroying Israel to fighting the coronavirus. Yet Israel dare not drop its guard or be distracted from the demonic intentions in the hearts of these haters of Zion.
- Thank You for defending this nation (Psa. 127:1b).
- Thank You for using the IDF to defend this nation (Isa. 41:15-16).
- Forbid that the IDF become so focused on warring against this virus that it misses any planned attacks by Israel’s enemies.
- Give the commanders wisdom to know where to station soldiers and equipment (Prov. 20:18; 24:6).
- Provide all the finances and supplies that the IDF needs to defend Your nation (Hag. 2:8).
- Prevent all successful kidnapping attempts or any friendly fire accidents (Psa. 140:7).
- Continue to aid Israel to develop weapons systems that give the IDF an edge in battle.
- Expose all of Iran’s nuclear programs and its continuing progress towards developing nuclear weapons (Job. 12:22).
- Thank You for shaking Iran in so many ways – including by this virus today (Hag. 2:6).
- Shake off the wicked Iranian leaders from the innocent Iranian people (Jer. 49:38b).
- Protect and use your growing Body in Iran in supernatural ways (Jer. 49:38a).
But the end of all things is at hand: be therefore clear-minded, and watch unto prayer.1 Pet. 4:7
- Economy: Like every other nation, Israel’s economy is being impacted by the coronavirus.
- Lord, You knew this would happen and we look to You to supply this nation’s needs (Deut. 28:8).
- We thank You that Israel’s economy going into this battle was very strong.
- In the next government, raise up a wise and god-fearing finance minister who will help Israel to have a budget that is righteous, as well as being efficient (Psa. 15:1, 5; Prov. 14:34).
- Help all the various sections of society to take advantage of this time of belt-tightening, and trim out the waste – like the IDF, universities, and even the government itself (Eccl. 7:12; 1 Tim. 6:10).
- Please provide for the poor and elderly all that they need (Job 29:12-17).
Come, all who are thirsty, come to the waters, and he who has no money; come, buy, and eat; yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.Isa. 55:1
- Aliyah during corona: Incredible as it may seem, Jews are still returning to Zion – even though they need to immediately go into 14 day quarantine. In fact, as this was being written, we heard of 24 new immigrants who just landed from North America. Hallelujah!
- Thank You Lord for regathering the outcasts even at a time like this (Psa. 147:2).
- Continue to help the Jewish Agency to modify its plans and actions at this time in order to aid new immigrants to come home and to get settled (Isa. 60:8).
- Overturn the decision to not bring the Ethiopians home during this time (Isa. 43:5-7).
- Thank You for Israel wanting to help all Israelis who are stuck overseas to return home.
- Lord, use this pandemic and the increase in anti-Semitism to speak to Jews in exile that “Next year in Jerusalem,” means this year! (Eccl. 9:12).
Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, where I have driven them in My anger, and in My fury…and I will bring them again to this place, and will cause them to dwell safely: And they shall be My people, and I will be their God:Jer. 32:37-38
- Rain, rain and more rain! The weather in Israel has been very wet and cold for this time of year. Is this a sign of things to come or just an anomaly? Meanwhile, the Sea of Galilee and the aquifers are all filling up. And with most tourists gone, Israel should be in better shape water-wise than at any time in its recent history.
- You are a prayer answering God and we bless You for hearing our cries for water (Psa. 50:15).
- Thank You for filling all the areas which need to be filled (Deut. 11:9-15).
- Give Israelis wisdom to know how to use that which You are so generously pouring out today.
- Give Israelis insight to know whether this is the start of a new weather pattern or just a one-time event.
- Use this outpouring to open up the eyes of the unsaved Israelis to see Your hand of abundant provision.
That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of YHWH has done this, and the Holy One of Israel has created it.(Isa. 41:20)
May the Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth, bless you from Zion (Psa. 134:3)
The IFI team
Keeping everything in the glorious and mighty hands of God,and continuing to pray for the peace of Israel,in Jesus mighty and so powerful name!