Intercessors for Israel Friday Prayer Points
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
Let Israel now say, “His mercy endures forever.”
Let the house of Aaron now say, “His mercy endures forever.”
Let those who fear the Lord now say, “His mercy endures forever.”
I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.
- Thank You that Your kingdom cannot be shaken.
- We serve a king who never changes.
- Thank You that we can call ourselves Your children.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in His holy mountain. Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
- Internal Security – with Pesach (Passover) only a week away and two months to go until the promised move of the American Embassy to Jerusalem, Palestinian unrest is growing. There have been 3 deaths through terror attacks in recent days, the threat of more violence in “Days of Rage”, anti-Semitic abuse by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas towards David Friedman the (Jewish) US Ambassador to Israel. We need to pray for Israel and for her leaders in these tense days.
- Lord, give the security forces and even the general population an increased alertness to possible dangers towards ourselves and others during these days.
- Give wisdom to Israel’s leaders to know how to prepare and how to react in ways which will improve security without fanning the flames of anger.
- Help us take responsibility for defending one another as in the days of Nehemiah,
Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon… and the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me… Whenever you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us. (Nehemiah 4:17-20)
- Please set Your angels on guard around the land especially at the normal trouble hotspots – Jerusalem Old City, especially at Damascus Gate; Etzion Junction; Tapuach Junction and others.
- Protect Israel’s spies and help the flow of information regarding what our enemies are planning.
- There has been rumor of plans for a mass march toward the Gaza fence with children in front. Give Israel’s leaders Your plans for how to respond to every strategy of the enemy.
- Thank You for Israel’s recent decision to revoke Israeli work permits for all extended family members of one of the terrorists. Help Israel find other creative ways to fight terrorism.
- May the world recognize the Palestinians’ strategy of paying salaries to terrorists and the families of terrorists. May the funds for this completely stop.
- May the world recognize Abbas’ heart. As the Palestinian leader comes toward the end of his appointed days, would You raise up Your chosen successor to lead in his place.
The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.
- Middle East – Israel recently admitted that she had been responsible for the 2007 bombing of Syria’s nuclear reactor, thereby preventing Syria acquiring a nuclear weapons capability. Today Iran is advancing its influence in Syria and desiring to strengthen its grip on the region through Iraq, Syria and Lebanon.
- Lord, please prevent Iran from establishing control any further in Syria and Lebanon and thereby threatening the destruction of Israel.
- Give Israel’s leaders wisdom regarding what Israel ought to do – especially when we need to pre-empt by destroying arms and military installations which are intended to threaten us.
- Stir up enmity between Turkey and Iran, so they may fight each other and not fight Israel.
Let all those who hate Zion be put to shame and turned back.
For behold, Your enemies make a tumult… Let them be confounded and dismayed forever.
- Bibi Netanyahu – the latest accusations to come out against Prime Minister Netanyahu are the most serious yet. He is being accused of obstruction of justice in relation to one of the corruption scandals. We need to continue to pray for him and for righteousness and truth in these investigations. Also for God’s chosen successor to Bibi whenever his time does come to an end.
- As long as Bibi is the Prime Minister, please strengthen and anoint him for the job and prevent the pressure distracting him from doing his job excellently.
- Show him exactly when it is Your time for him to step down from the leadership.
- Give Bibi the wisdom to raise up someone to replace him at the right time.
- Keep his wife, Sara, a strong support at his side.
- Cleanse the process of investigations against Bibi and expose any malpractice in the police or the legal system.
- Give Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit wisdom and righteous judgment as he oversees this process. May he know the fear of the Lord.
My son, fear the Lord and the king… It is not good to show partiality in judgment.
- Nir Barkat – the mayor of Jerusalem comes to the end of his second term of office later in the year. He has to decide whether he will stand again in the elections, but is also considering moving into national politics as a member of Likud (Netanyahu’s party). Though he has his failings, he has done a good job in his 9 years as mayor.
- Lord, may Nir Barkat know Your wisdom as he makes his decision.
- If he is Your chosen replacement for Bibi Netanyahu, make it happen. Give him success in the political processes he needs to go through.
- If Barkat leaves his job as mayor, raise up Your chosen replacement in good time.
And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
- Israeli Arabs – We regularly pray that the Lord would bless Israeli Arabs who go against the flow of anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda. We see an answer to our prayers in the stand taken by the leader of the Tsur Baher neighborhood in Southern Jerusalem. He is seeking to establish a political party to safeguard the day-to-day needs of the Arab population through participating in Jerusalem municipal elections. Traditionally the Arab population of Jerusalem boycotts local politics so this is a brave move.
- Lord, bless this man. Protect and prosper him and his family.
- Raise up many others who simply want to do the best for their own people.
- Grant success in establishing a political party within Jerusalem and even on a national level.
I will bless those who bless you…
- Bless all those in the Arab population who stand alongside Israel and who refuse to curse Israel.
- Thank You for the Arab believers who stand with Israel. Protect them and help them to stand in the face of many who do not.
- Bless those Israeli Arabs who choose to serve in the IDF. Protect them against the persecution of their own families and communities.
- Pesach – Salvation – Pesach (Passover) is next week and we continued to pray that the Lord will reveal Himself to His people as they celebrate the deliverance from Egypt, the sacrifice of the lamb providing a blood-covering for the children of Israel.
- Lord, reveal Yourself this Pesach. Let Your people recognize Yeshua as the perfect Passover Lamb offering total redemption through His blood.
- May the children ask about the significance of the lamb.
Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
- Convict the Jews in the nations when they end their Pesach celebration with the words, “Next year in Jerusalem”. May they mean it and plan to make Aliyah.
- Touch those Jews who come to visit Israel for Pesach. Make them want to stay.
- Rain – We still need much more water on the land. These are the days of the latter rain.
I will give you the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil.
- IFI leaders and associates –
- Continue to place Your hand of healing upon Steve Lightle, who recently suffered a heart attack. Give wisdom to the doctors. Refresh Steve in body, soul and spirit as he recuperates. May he complete all the days You have assigned to him.
- Chuck Cohen spends his last weekend in Germany before returning home for Pesach. Strengthen him and Heinz-Jurgen Heuhsen (IFI-Deutschland) for the last leg of their journey. May their teaching bring fruit in the lives of all who hear them.
Blessings and Shabbat Shalom from the IFI team!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!