- Praise: To begin our morning time of intercessions, we looked at Psalm 106:1-5:
Praise YHWH. O give thanks to YHWH for He is good; for His mercy endures forever. Who can utter the mighty acts of YHWH, or cause all His praise to be heard? Blessed are those who keep judgment, he who does righteousness at all times. Remember me, O YHWH, with the favor of Your people; O visit me with Your salvation, that I may see the good of Your chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation, to glory with Your inheritance.
- Thank You for your faithfulness to Your chosen nation – and to us.
- We trust You, that You who watch over Israel and us never slumber or sleep (Psalm 121:3-4).
- We bless You for Your promises which are all “yes and amen” in Messiah Yeshua (1 Corinthians 1:20).
- Your name – that is Your essential nature – is our strong tower at all times (Proverbs 18:10).
Bless YHWH, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
- Hallelujah,, that You are not as the gods of mankind, for You are the Living God who has revealed Yourself to us in Your Word – and through Your Son (Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:1-3).
- We bless You for showing Yourself as a covenant-making and covenant-keeping God (Hebrews 13:20).
- Lebanon: The situation in that nation was thrown into turmoil this past week as the Lebanese Prime Minister Hariri resigned, blaming Iran and its proxy Hizbullah for controlling that nation. This has set Saudi Arabia, and to a lesser extent Egypt and America, even more against Iranian attempts to reign over much of the Middle East. For Israel this could be a very good thing – but it could also place this nation in great danger as Hizbullah and Iran might try to divert attention from off them by attacking Israel.
- Thank You for this answer to our consistent prayers to confound all Zion-haters (Psalm 129:5).
- Use this increased strife in Islam’s ranks to cause panic leading to huge geo-political mistakes.
Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation. A house divided against itself falls.(Luke 11:17)
- Strengthen the hook that You placed in Hizbullah’s jaw and draw them into Your trap (Isaiah 37:29).
- Give great wisdom to Israel to know how to prepare and what to prepare for in the coming days – all the while recognizing safety is from You alone (Proverbs 21:31).
- Show Israel how to respond if Hizbullah does attack (2 Samuel 5:24).
- Quicken all of Israel’s soldiers along our northern and northeastern borders (1 Corinthians 16:13).
- Remove all distractions from Israel’s leaders – both political and military – to be able to plan wisely.
- Show Israel where all of Hizbullah’s weapons factories and storage facilities are located (Job 12:22).
- Meanwhile, Israel’s leaders need to have imparted wisdom from on high to know how to deal with the rest of the Middle East mess.
- Thank You that Israeli PM Netanyahu is first of all an historian. May he know the lessons of history.
You shall not be afraid of them, but shall well remember what YHWH your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt.
Deuteronomy 7:18; cp. Psalm 77:11
- Prevent any deception or misunderstandings from coming on Israel’s leaders as they speak with other ME leaders.
Surely, there is no spell against Jacob, nor any fortune-telling against Israel. According to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What God has worked!(Numbers 23:23)
- Help Israel’s leaders know whom among these leaders to believe at this time – and whom not to believe.
- Especially with the situation in Lebanon, let there be super clear communication between Netanyahu and Russian President Putin.
- Thank You for Egyptian President al-Sissi. Enable him to guard his good relationship with Israel.
- Place all of Israel’s spies, collaborators and satellites in just the right places for passing on to Israel all it needs to know to defeat its enemies’ plans (2 Kings 6:8-12).
- With the Syrian “civil” war drawing to a close, Iranian and Hizbullah troops are now stationed closer to Israel’s Golan borders than every before. We prayed for Israel to know what to do.
- Let the Druze communities on the Israeli side of the border communicate to their brethren on the Syrian side the truth about Israel’s fair treatment of them.
- If Israel’s declaration of protection over that Syrian Druze village is a trap, break it before it traps Israel. (See Joshua 9:3-21 – Israel’s agreement with the Gibeonites who lied to them.)
- Download great wisdom to the IDF on how to prepare for whatever awaits it in that area.
A man’s heart plans his way, but YHWH directs his steps.(Proverbs 16:9)
- Thank You that You foiled all the plans of Israeli leaders to “give back” the Golan Heights to Syria.
- Expose all caches of chemical and biological weapons that remain in Syria (Psalm 139:12).
Blessed is YHWH, who has not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul has escaped like a bird out of the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of YHWH, who made the heavens and earth.
- Bibi Netanyahu continues to battle various investigations and allegations against him and his family. It’s amazing that he is doing as well as he is in leading this nation. We lifted up his arms in prayer.
- Thank You for the judge throwing out that case against Sara Netanyahu this past week.
- Follow this up by tossing all wrong accusations against Bibi as well, and quickly resolving all of them.
But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream.
- Protect his mind and heart from a spirit of anger (Proverbs 19:11; James 1:20).
- Please give to Bibi the ability to delegate to others who are trustworthy (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Surround him with wise counsel and remove far off all ungodly advisors from him (Proverbs 24:6).
- Protect his life from all assassination attempts (Psalm 140:7.
- Forbid that he travel more just to escape the pressure in Israel. You determine when he is to travel and when he is to stay here (Proverbs 19:21).
- We prayed for the rest of Israel’s leaders, including the next generation whom God will raise up, that they will move in line with God’s Word and not in line with the spirit of the world.
First of all, then, I exhort that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1 Timothy 2:1-3
- Continue to shuffle Israel’s current leaders. Move out all whose time is over and replace them with better choices (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
- Cause those who are serving this nation for Israel’s sake to advance.
And serve YHWH your God and His people Israel.(2 Chronicles 35:3b)
- Cause those who are serving this nation for their own sake to fall away (Ezekiel 34:10).
- Enable the current leaders to give a helping hand to the correct people who will eventually replace them.
- Impart a greater sense of unity to the current coalition at this time.
- Block all media and left-wing attempts to move on to new elections until it is Your timing (Daniel 2:21).
- Without God’s Word to guide us and this nation in these days, no one will be able to stand. So we prayed for Israel’s leaders – in all areas of this nation’s life – to move more in line with the Scriptures.
Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path… The entrance of Your Words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalms 119:105, 130
- Thank You for how often Netanyahu quotes Your Word. May You increasingly move Your Word from his tongue to his heart and mind (Deuteronomy 30:14).
- Pour out a deep desire upon Israel’s leaders to study and know Your Word – and not a man’s opinions about Your Word (Numbers 23:19: Jeremiah 17:5, 7).
- Give boldness to other Israeli leaders to declare Your Word and not be ashamed – regardless of the reaction (Psalm 27:1).
- Raise up more intercessors in the Israeli Body of Messiah who will stand in the gap for Israel’s leaders.
- That last prayer topic led us to pray for a deeper hunger to come upon the Body of Messiah worldwide – one that could not be quenched except through the “eating” of His Word.
Your Words were found, and I ate them; and Your Word was to me the joy and gladness of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O YHWH, the God of Hosts.
- Lord Yeshua, especially for the elders of Your Body – draw them closer to Yourself through a renewed study of Your Word.
- Forbid that “MacDonald’s Happy Meals” sermons be served to Your people who are supposed to be nourished by good food so that Your sheep are able to beget other sheep (Ephesians 4:11-12; 15-16).
- Wake up the Body worldwide to the signs of the times. Let them know that now is not the time to sleep.
But of the times and the seasons…you have no need that I write to you. For you know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night. For when they shall say ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape. But you…are not in darkness, that that Day should overtake you like a thief. You are all the sons of light and the sons of the day. We are not of the night, or of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be sober.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
- Put the fear of God into the teaching elders, as they bear a greater responsibility (James 3:1-2).
- Use Your Word to shield Your Body from the end time deceptions and apostasies that are increasingly being accepted by believers (1 Thessalonians 5:21; 1 John 4:1).
- Remove all wicked shepherds and give Your sheep shepherds after Your own heart (Jeremiah 23:3-4).
- We ask for all of the above for the Israeli Body as well.
- What a sign of the end that there is a living, growing Body of Messiah in Israel today (Matthew 23:39)!
- May this be the season when many secret Israeli believers come out of the closet (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Concerning all those ministries who want to come and minister in Israel, help Israeli elders know who to extend a welcoming hand to and to whom to say, “No thanks” (Isaiah 28:5-6)
- Use all the Messianic believers in the IDF for Your glory.
- Use the Messianic Body in Israel to provoke the rest of this nation to jealousy (Romans 11:13-14).
Finally, we asked God to open the heavens and pour out His water upon this land. Please join us in this request as Israel is in deep need of a very wet fall and winter season (Psalm 68:9; Zechariah 10:1).
Shabbat shalom from Zion,
The IFI team