Open my eyes, so that I may behold wonderful things out of Your Law [Torah = lit: teaching]. I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide Your Commandments from me.
- We rejoice in Your Word – both Living and written (1 John 1:1).
- Yeshua, You are the Living Word of God – the exact representation of our Father (John 1:1-4; 14:6-7).
- This is the day that You have made. We will rejoice – regardless of how we feel – and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24)
- We rest in You, and because You never change, we can always depend on You (Malachi 3:6).
- What a joy to be able to freely praise You and pray to You from Your holy city Jerusalem (Psalm 48:8).
- We thank You for giving us eyes to see in the spirit realm as well as natural sight (1 Corinthians 14:15).
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.
- Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu continues to endure more investigations – almost weekly, yet all polls are showing that if elections were held today, Likud – with Netanyahu as its leader, would win and even gain more seats. Still, all this noise from the various investigations is dangerous. [Featured photo above supplied by Facebook page of Prime Minister of Israel–Jerusalem Channel]
- Lord, we are seeing an increase in chaos, yet You brought order out of chaos at creation, so doing that with this situation is not a problem for You. Please release Your Spirit and do so again (Genesis 1:2).
- Enable all these investigations to be resolved quickly (Ecclesiastes 8:11).
- We again remind You of Your promise to this nation for these last days:
I will restore your judges as at first, and your counselors as at the beginning; afterwards you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city. (Isaiah 1:26)
- May justice and righteousness prevail and may no political leanings distort these cases (Proverbs 14:34).
- While we thank You that the majority of Israelis do not believe the left-wing media lies, still they desire and deserve the truth. Please let truth prevail (Zechariah 8:16-17).
- Strengthen and encourage Bibi, his family and friends and his collation partners (Psalm 80:17).
- Prevent him from being diverted or distracted from that to which You have called him (Proverbs 19:21).
- We proclaimed Psalm 3:1-3 over Netanyahu, personalizing it for him:
O Lord, how [Bibi’s] foes have increased! Many rise up against [him]. Many say of [his] soul, ‘There is no deliverance for him in God.’ Selah. But You, YHWH, are a shield for [him; his] glory, the One who lifts up [his] head. (Psalms 3:1-3)
- Security was the focus for much of our time together. Since for all Israel to be saved they need to be alive, praying for Israel’s security is foundational for praying for Israel’s salvation. And since Israel’s salvation is for His holy name’s sake, this is another way to prayer for that which Messiah Yeshua said should be a priority in our prayers:
Our Father in heaven, sanctified be You name… (Luke 11:2)
- The Syrian saga is far from being over. The antagonists in Syria are now Syria itself and the various rebel forces; Iran and Hezbollah; Turkey and the Kurds; Russia and America; plus… While Israel still tries to keep out of it, incidents like last week’s Iranian drone attack and Israel’s response are bound to continue.
- Lord, as rumors spread among Israel’s enemies that the shooting down of an Israeli F-16i fighter jet means Israel is now vulnerable, are You setting nations up to be draw into Your trap (Exodus 14:2-4)?
Now also many nations are gathered against you, who say, Let her be defiled, and let our eyes look on Zion. But they do not know the plans of YHWH, nor do they understand His counsel, for He has gathered them like the sheaf to the floor. Arise and thresh, daughter of Zion; for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs bronze; and you shall crush many peoples. And I will give their gain to YHWH, and their wealth to the Lord of the all the earth.
- Show us how to pray specifically into this prophecy (Daniel 2:19-23).
- While this Syrian situation is confusing to us, You know everything, including what Israel needs to do. Please show us that specifically so that we can pray in line with Your will (Amos 3:7; 1 John 5:14-15).
- Help our soldiers and spies to be alert and to know exactly what is happening and being planned across Israel’s Lebanese and Syrian borders (2 Kings 6:11-12).
- Prevent the soldiers from being distracted or lackadaisical in their duties – especially when they are on guard and things get boring. We also ask this of the soldiers who watch in front of a computer screen.
- Do not allow any kidnapping attempts to be successful (Psalm 37:12-13).
- Concerning Turkey and Iran in Syria, we ask You to confound these Zion-haters (Psalm 129:5).
- Help Israel logistically to place all the resources it needs in exactly the right places (Proverbs 21:31).
- Download from Your throne room all the strategy and tactics Israel will need for the war/wars to come.
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And He shall thrust the enemy out from before you, and shall say, Destroy!
- Clarify to both America and Russia what they should do when it comes to Israel. For their sakes, may they both become staunch allies of the Jewish State (Numbers 24:9b).
- Somehow, enable Israel to help the Kurds – and if they are, continue to keep it quiet.
- The seas have become a source of rich blessings to Israel, with the discovery of massive amounts of oil and gas. Yet along with that is the greater possibility of terror attacks on its ocean platforms and from the sea to the land of Israel itself.
- We bless You for the recent growth in all ways of the INS – the Israeli Naval Service – and while we do not trust in chariot or horses, we sure thank You for them (Psalm 20:7-9).
- Continue to allow Israel to develop cutting edge weaponry.
- As You command the seas, draw Israel’s navy to see You in all that You do (Psalm 24:1; 107:23-20).
- Teach the INS all they need to know to defend this nation at all times.
- Lord of hosts, send out a great host of angels to guard Israel’s offshore oil platforms (Psalm 91:11).
- Aid in the training of Israel’s naval commandos to be ready to look to You for help (Psalm 18:3, 46).
Blessed is YHWH my Rock, who teaches My hands for war, my fingers for battle.
- Place each one of Israel’s submarines in Your ordained locations and guard the one/s Israel has in the Persian Gulf.
- Down south, Israel’s border with Gaza is heating up. There have been injuries of IDF soldiers by roadside bombs planted on the border, resulting in a harsh Israeli response. Also, the Gazan humanitarian situation has many people – including Israelis – very concerned. Gazans are ruled over by Hamas – which has shown that its hatred of Israel trumps it love of its own people. And Iran is Hamas’ main supporter
- We know that at some point Israel will reconquer Gaza, but until then, show Israel what it needs to do (Zephaniah 2:4-7).
- Lord, expose all of Iran’s plans and influences with Hamas in Gaza (Job 12:22).
- Give the IDF wisdom to know how to deal with a threat of mass demonstrations of Gazans against the security fence. Send an angel, or angels, to block their path as You did with Balaam (Numbers 22:22-27).
- Protect the Israeli communities that live in the reach of Gaza’s rockets and terrorists (Psalm 91:5).
- Expose all terror tunnels and thank You for giving Israel ways to detect and destroy them.
- Use Messianic Jewish communities that are in the south to bring the true comfort of Messiah to many Israelis – especially children and teens – who exhibit the effects of being shell shocked (Isaiah 40:1-2).
- Raise up some Gazans to stand against Hamas and the other terrorist groups – for their children’s sake.
- Have mercy on the common people and save a remnant of them for Your holy name’s sake (Luke 10:2).
- The insidious anti-biblical “land-for-peace” idea has mesmerized so many for so long that even though there is no one on the Palestinian side with whom Israel could make peace– yet the push for “peace” continues. The latest is the still secret US Middle East Peace Plan being trumpeted by the Trump administration as the way to have peace break out. Yet this plan will be anti-God, as Trump and his aides have said neither Israel nor the Palestinians will be completely happy with. The real question someone should be asking Trump, Haley, Friedman, Kushner and Greenblatt is, “Will God be happy with it?” Obviously, the answer is “no!” because God has given all this land to His people the Jews – for His glory. It is not to be divided or even shared with anyone else – other than gentile God-fearers, i.e., true Christians among the Arab population. How to pray?
- Lord, Trump views this as a business deal – with each side giving a little. Please show him that to see Your land in this way is blasphemous (Ezekiel 35:12-13).
- Abba, prevent any Israeli leader from seeing this as just a political problem to be solved by political means. As it is a prophetic fulfillment the proper response is exactly what Nehemiah declared:
The God of Heaven, He will bless us, and we, His servants, will arise and build. But you have no portion or right or memorial in Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 2:20)
- Do not allow Netanyahu be tempted to make a “peace” deal just to lessen the attacks from the liberal media in Israel (Jeremiah 6:14; 8:11).
- Lord, anoint Your servants whom You have in contact with all members of that US ME Peace Team to not be shy to share Your Word with these people and let them know that dividing Your land will bring even more severe judgments on America (Joel 3:1-2).
- Lord, this is Your land (Leviticus 25:23; Ezekiel 36:5); arise and defend it for Your glory’s sake (Psalm 80:1-2; 115:1-3).
- If the plan of some in the Israeli government to annex Judea and Samaria is the answer, then let it pass quickly.
And the house of Jacob shall possess their own possessions. (Obadiah 1:17b)
- We used the upcoming Purim feast, as found in the book of Esther, to pray into aliyah – the immigration of Jews in exile to Israel. The Jews in Persia should not have been there as the land of Israel was open for them to return. But too many decided that the “leeks and onions” of Babylon was easier than the struggles of occupying their God-given land. Yet many of the Jews who remained in exile sent money to help the rebuilding of Israel, Jerusalem and the temple. And today, many Jews in exile send money as well – yet God wants them here, with their gold and silver (Isaiah 60:9).
- Wake up the Jews who are settled in today’s Babylons to flee while there is yet time (Jeremiah 51:8-10).
- For the many Jewish parents who are rightly concerned about protecting their children from terrorists or mass shootings bring them home where You have promised them protection (Jeremiah 31:10).
- Raise up rabbis and other Jewish leaders to speak about aliyah and to lead their flocks home.
How shall we sing YHWH’s song in a foreign land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget. If I do not remember you, let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth; if I do not prefer Jerusalem above my chief joy. (Psalms 137:4-6) Drive these verses home to many, including Messianic Jews.
- Open wide the gates in this nation to receive with joy every Jews who wants to return – regardless of what they believe, the color of their skin or their financial situation (Jeremiah 31:8-9).
- We finished by praying for water. We are still believing for a full Sea of Galilee by the end of the rainy season – and since that means around another five meters rise in its level, we are trusting God for a major miracle. Please trust and pray with us for this.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Jerusalem
The IFI team
Arise, O God, judge the earth;
for You shall inherit in all nations.