- To start our time together, we read through Psalm 91.
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall rest under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of YHWH, He is my refuge and fortress, my God – in Him I will trust. Surely He will deliver you… His truth shall be your shield, and buckler. You shall not fear the terror…If you have made the Most High Your dwelling-place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your home, for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways… ‘Because he has set his love on Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call on Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.
from Psalms 91:1-16
- Thank You for the tremendous promises in this psalm and throughout Your Word (2 Peter 1:4).
- We rejoice in Your promise to be with us always (Hebrews 13:5-6).
- We are encouraged to know that You cause all things to work together for our good (Romans 8:28).
Behold, He who guards over Israel shall not slumber nor sleep.
- Thank You for Your protection over this nation and over us (Psalm 121:1-8).
- Hallelujah! Lord Yeshua, You are even now interceding for us to be saved completely (Hebrews 7:25).
On Christ the solid Rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand…
1 Corinthians 10:4
- Security: Some of these issues we prayed about will either have passed or will still be in need of your prayers by the time you read this. There’s a good chance that today will be a very violent day in Jerusalem and in other flash points throughout this land. After the terror attack last Friday, in which three Israeli Arabs killed two Israeli policemen in the Temple Mount area, Israel installed metal detectors at the entry of the Mount that Muslims use. Arabs are incensed! Israel dares to try to protect its people by doing what is already being done in Mecca! Hypocrisy and Israel/Jew-hatred are being openly displayed to the world. Today, Muslims are threatening to come in their thousands to try and enter the Mount.
- We first thanked God for His holy hill of Zion which He restored to His people 50 years ago.
- We bless You for Mount Moriah, Your holy hill of Zion (2 Chronicles 3:1; Psalm 2:6; 3:4; 15:1)
- Thank You that 50 years ago You restored Israeli sovereignty over that place.
- Teach Israel how to maintain that which You have given to it.
But upon Mount Zion shall be those who escaped; and it shall be holy. And the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. (Obadiah 1:17)
There is a river, whose streams bring joy to the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God shall help her at dawn. The nations raged; the kingdoms were shaken; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. YHWH of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
- We next prayed for the security personnel who will be defending this nation at this time.
- Thank You for being Israel’s present help in a time of need (Psalm 46:1).
- Give wisdom and all the resources needed to the people who will be battling this spirit of hateful rage.
- If Israel needs to bare its teeth, let there be no hesitation.
Do not fear, worm of Jacob and men of Israel; I will help you, says YHWH, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. Behold, I make you a new sharp threshing instrument, a master of teeth… (Isaiah 41:14-15a)
- May Israel’s security forces reject fear and receive courage from You (2 Chronicles 32:7; Psalm 34:4).
- Aid all of the various branches of Israel’s security forces to work together and communicate clearly.
- Aid them to act in wisdom and not react to rage or revenge (Romans 12:19).
- May the orders from the commanders be super clear. Keep all confusion out (1 Corinthians 14:33, 40).
- Lord, pour out Your fear on all Israel’s enemies (2 Chronicles 17:10).
- Abba, please make sure that all of Israel’s leaders protect Israel’s soldiers and have their backs.
- Lord, provide divine protection for this nation and its security forces at this time (Psalms 35:4-8).
- We then prayed for Israel’s political leaders.
- Lord, miraculously enable Israel’s politicians to be in one accord at this time (Psalm 133:1).
- Give them courage to not falter in doing what is right (Joshua 1:6-9).
- Provide discernment on what to do after today’s events pan out (Proverbs 19:21).
- Concerning PM Netanyahu, watch over this word:
The king’s heart is in the hand of YHWH as the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He will. (Proverbs 21:1) We trust You to do this.
- Protect Israel’s leaders from witchcraft and manipulation, as You said would happen – for Your glory:
Surely, there is no spell against Jacob, nor any divination against Israel. According to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What God has worked! (Numbers 23:23)
- Give them wisdom to deal with the spirits of anarchy and Jew-hatred that run rampant in the Arab communities within, and surrounding, Israel.
In that day YHWH of Hosts shall be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, to the rest of His people, and for a spirit of judgment to him who sits in judgment, and for strength to those who turn back the battle to the gate.
- Israel’s Lebanese and Syrian border are of major concern security-wise. The US-Russia truce agreement for Syria is not something Israel can accept as it leaves Iran entrenched there – just miles away from Israel’s Golan border. Also, Hizbullah in Lebanon threatens Israel almost daily.
- Lord of hosts, send forth Your angelic hosts to protect Israel in the north (2 Kings 6:16-17).
- As we ask You to spare Your people, do as You said and drive away the northern army (Joel 2:17-21).
- Bring great division into Hizbullah’s ranks and between Hizbullah and Iran (Psalm 35:26; 55:9; 129:5).
- Reveal to Israeli intelligence all of Iran’s demonically-inspired plans (Job 12:22; Daniel 2:22).
- Lord, as You once did to the Egyptian army, remove the wheels from Hizbullah’s chariots – and let them know that it is You who is fighting for Israel (Exodus 14:25).
- Protect Israel from cyber-attacks, while making Israel’s cyber-attacks very effective.
- Help Israel’s very capable navy to protect all of Israel’s seacoasts (Psalm 107:23-24).
- Israel’s southern border with Gaza is also becoming more of a danger. Hamas, the terrorist group that rules there is beginning to sink into the mess they have created. There is concern that the people will rise up against them – despite the costs. Also, Egypt and the UAE are trying to install Mohammed Dahlan as political head in Gaza. Dahlan is PA President Abbas’ main rival, and no friend of Hamas.
- God, in Hamas’ desperate situation, hinder them from attacking Israel (Psalm 121:4).
- Let Israel respond to any attacks with all the force needed to show Hamas it is serious in protecting its people.
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the bad…If you practice evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword in vain; it is a servant of God, a revenger of wrath on him who does evil. (Romans 13:3-4).
- Increase the division between Hamas and Abbas’ Fatah (Psalm 35:26; 55:9; 129:5).
- Concerning Dahlan, bring him on or keep him out in line with what is best for Israel.
- Have mercy, Lord, and reveal Yourself through Your Son to many despairing Gazans (John 10:10).
- Impart wisdom and courage to Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman to know how to respond to both northern and southern threats (Proverbs 16:9).
- We continue to pray into the dangerous situation on Israeli roads.
- Abba, give to Israeli drivers more patience and a respect of others (Luke 21:19).
- Especially deal with the dangerous driving mentality of Arabs and the ultra-Orthodox (2 Kings 9:20).
- Make professional drivers (bus, taxi, truck, etc.), become examples of law abiding drivers.
- Bring down the number of fatalities and serious injuries in traffic accidents (Psalm 30:3).
- Lord, for those who survived traffic accidents please heal the trauma left in their souls (Jeremiah 33:6).
- Provide all the knowhow for Israel to build better and safer roads.
- Give to police the alertness and wisdom to enforce the existing traffic laws.
- We then prayed for aliyah – the immigration of Jews still in exile back to Israel.
For thus says YHWH, Sing with gladness for Jacob, shout among the chief of the nations; cry out, give praise and say, ‘YHWH, save Your people, the remnant of Israel’. Behold, I will bring them from the north and gather them from the ends of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and she who is in labor with child, together; a great company shall return. They shall come with weeping, and with prayers…I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way; they shall not stumble in it, for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.
- Lord, please wake up the Jews on the European continent to see the anti-Semitic handwriting on the walls of their nations and to flee to Zion while they can (Jeremiah 4:6).
- God, if Jeremy Corbyn is not enough to wake up the UK Jews, what is? Whatever it is, we ask You to also give much mercy as You drive Your people back home (Jeremiah 16:16).
- Lord, You know the lies keeping Jews glued in America. Again, with much mercy, tear up their comfort zones, their “safe-spaces”, and place in them a unquenchable homesickness for Israel (Psalm 137:5-6).
You will no more be called Forsaken; nor will your land any more be called Desolate; but you will be called My Delight is in her, and your land, Married; for YHWH delights in you, and your land is married. For as a young man marries a virgin, so will your sons marry you; and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so will your God rejoice over you.
- Abba, for all those American Jews who rage against Israel’s policies – let them make aliyah and vote to change things from the inside.
- God, speak to the hundreds of thousands of young Jews who have visited this land through various programs like Birthright. Bring them back to the land so that they can come back to You through Messiah Yeshua (Jeremiah 50:4-5; Ezekiel 37:21-28).
- Lord Yeshua, please ask Messianic Jews in exile,
How can you continue to sing the Lord’s song in a strange land? (Psalm 137:4)
- Remove from Israel’s Interior Ministry – the ministry that determines who gets Israeli citizenship – all who are not pro-aliyah and cleanse it from all anti-aliyah spirits (Isaiah 62:10).
- Bring in a huge number of Jews who will want to settle Judea, Samaria and the Golan. (Zechariah 12:2-3: Jerusalem & Judea; Jeremiah 31:3-5 Samaria; Jeremiah 50:19 the Golan, i.e., Bashan in scriptures.)
- Since all the land of Israel needs to be available for the Jews to return, any peace process that is based on creating a Palestinian State in this land, or dividing this land in any way – is not of God.
YHWH brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He breaks the plans of the people. The counsel of YHW stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations.
- Lord, based on the above verses, we ask You to forbid all so-called peace deals that involve the division of this land, and Your city, Jerusalem.
- Keep US President Trump and his administration so busy so that they do not have the time or effort to press Israel to make peace (Jeremiah 6:14; 8:11).
- When believers hear the words
peace and security coming forth from world leaders – cause them to recall Paul’s warning:
But of the times and seasons…you have no need that I write you. For you know exactly that the Day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night. And when they shall say, ‘Peace and safety,’ then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. They shall not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)
- May Your Body see that labelling Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem as “occupied territory” is seen as blasphemous in the courts of heaven (Ezekiel 35:12-13).
- We bless You for all the prophecies of Israel’s end of days restoration that You are fulfilling before our eyes. You have made Israel
an exceedingly great army (Ezekiel 37:10). You are
building Jerusalem and gathering together the outcasts of Israel (Psalm 147:2). You are gathering and guarding the Jews whom You have scattered (Jeremiah 31:10). You are even moving on the hearts of Christians to help with the restoration of Your people to Your land (Isaiah 49:22; 60:10). And many Jews are coming to know their Messiah Yeshua (Zechariah 12:10; Ezekiel 36:24-28; Romans 11:26).
Please continue to pray for the complete restoration of IFI’s Chairman, Eliyahu and also the same for our administrator Colin’s son.
Shabat shalom from Zion,
The IFI team
Leave A Comment