- Praise: This Shabbat’s torah portion tells of God’s desire to have the children of Israel build Him a tabernacle so that He could dwell in the midst of His people – even as they struggled with sin.
Let them make Me a sanctuary, so that I may dwell among them. According to all that I show you, the pattern of the tabernacle, and…of all the instruments of it, even so you shall make it.Ex. 25:8-9
- We bless You because You know that our righteousness is like filthy rags, yet You choose to dwell among us (Isa. 64:6).
Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save. Nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.(Isa. 59:1) Thank you for Your great desire to save.
- Praise You that one of Your chosen names is Immanuel, God with us (Isa, 7:14).
- Thank You that there is no one like You,
Who dwells on high. Who humbles Himself to behold the things that are in the heavens and in the earth?(Psa. 113:5-6)
I will sing of the mercies of YHWH forever;Psa. 89:1
- Elections: This coming Monday, March 2nd, Israelis will be voting in the third national elections in less than a year. Most Israelis are tired, discouraged and angry over this situation which is has been brought about by inflated egos of many politicians – especially Avigdor Liberman. Also, recently the campaign has turned ugly. Still, we sense God asking us to pray for an overwhelming victory for PM Bibi Netanyahu and his Likud party to form a right-wing government.
- We thank You for Netanyahu and His many accomplishments while leading this nation (Psa. 84:11).
- Lord, we ask that he would be the next prime minister – at least for the near future (Jam. 4:2b).
- Clothe him with humility as he sees how You have used him (Prov. 22:4).
- Abba, please give to Israel a stable coalition at this time (1 Pet. 2:13-14).
- Have mercy on Liberman by bringing him down from his arrogant perch (Prov. 11:2).
- Continue to reveal the true face of Benny Gantz, the leader of Blue & White which is the Likud’s main opposition in this election (Job 28:11).
- Anoint those whom You are wanting to lead this nation to be able to speak words of truth (Prov. 8:7).
- Hinder all who are running whom You do not want in positions of authority over Israel today (Hos. 2:6).
- Elections: We prayed into the inevitable voter apathy of this election.
- Lord God, stir up those who will vote in line with Your will to get out and vote (Job 17:8).
- For those who will not vote in line with Your will, change their thinking (Prov. 19:21).
- Forbid the sense of what-does-it-matter to come on the Israeli electorate (Lev. 19:18).
- Block all media manipulation from affecting the way Israelis cast their votes (Num. 23:23).
- Elections & security: We asked the Lord to protect this nation on Election Day.
- Lord, expose and hinder all plans of the enemy to cause chaos and death on March 2nd (Eccl. 3:18).
- Forbid any intimidation from anyone against voters at the polling stations (Num. 23:8).
- Lord, please quicken all security guards at all of Israel’s voting stations to remain alert and discerning all day long (Psa. 127:1).
- May a sense of Your divine peace prevail over Israel on this day (Psa. 122:5-7).
- Security: The Lord God of Israel continues to lead us to pray about Israel’s military intelligence and the ability to know what to do with the intelligence that is gathered. As we recall what Israel has uncovered and how often it has attacked Iranian secret weapons transfers or stolen Iranian nuclear plans from the center of Tehran, or exposed weapons caches in Beirut, as well as in Judea and Samaria, we see how the Lord has truly answered our prayers in this area. Therefore, we are encouraged to persistent in pray in order to see this continue.
- Thank You Lord for being a living God who hears and answers prayer (Psa. 18:3, 46).
- We bless You for the supernatural success Israel has had in obtaining accurate intelligence (Ex. 35:31).
- We ask for an increase in efficiency and accuracy in the days to come (Isa. 42:9).
- Protect Israel’s human intelligence gathering forces – its spies and collaborators.
- Guide the people who operate Israel’s spy satellites to see what the enemy is planning (Psa. 31:3).
- Block and/or expose all attempts at sending Israel disinformation (Psa. 5:6).
- Impart to all believers who are involved with intelligence gathering the gifts of the Spirit so openly and evidently that unbelievers take note that there is something special about them (1 Cor. 14:24).
- We thank You that no matter how successful Israel is in this area, it is You who ultimately protects this nation (Psa. 121:4; Jer. 31:10).
- Security – Judea & Samaria: This is Israel’s biblical heartland that most of the world calls the “occupied territories,” which is exactly what Israel is supposed to do.
The house of Jacob shall possess their own possessions, and the house of Jacob shall be a fire…and the house of Esau shall be for stubble. They shall kindle in them and burn them up, and no survivor shall be to the house of Esau ; for YHWH has spoken it.Obad. 1:17b–18
- We thank You for returning this land to Israel in 1967 and despite the intentions of many, not allowing it to be given away (Lev. 25:23).
- We are so grateful that there is still no nation called “Palestine” on Your land (Ezek. 36:5-7).
- Pour out courage, humility and a biblical vision to all the settlers in these areas (Ezek. 36:24-36).
- Thank You that the Jewish population in these areas is increasing. More Lord (Isa. 54:2-3)!
- Keep the security forces guarding these areas extra alert in these days (Neh. 4:9).
- Guard the IDF’s special units that arrest terrorists and expose weapons caches at night (Psa. 18:46-50).
- Provide safety for all forms of transportation in Judea & Samaria (Psa. 17:4-5).
- Raise up massive protests by the Palestinians in the streets against their wicked leaders (Isa. 14:5).
- Expose all of Hamas’ plans to infiltrate and take over the Palestinian Authority (Job 12:22).
- Abba, for any Palestinians who only want to live in peace and provide for their families, bless them with success and a revelation of Yeshua as their redeemer (Luke 10:22).
- Security – The Iranian Church: This nation is being openly judged with economic turmoil, earthquakes, floods, pestilence, and social chaos, still its demonic rulers use time and money to accomplish their #1 goal – the annihilation of the Jewish State – Israel. The Iranian people are fed up, trapped and disillusioned with Islam. In the midst of all this the Lord Yeshua walks and saves and strengthens His Body which is growing very quickly in this nation.
- Thank You Lord for having mercy on the common Iranians (Lam. 3:22-23).
- May the Iranian Body of Messiah expand exponentially in 2020 (Matt. 16:18-19).
- Send forth Your shepherds to teach the new lambs how to walk in the way of truth (Eph. 4:11-16).
- Lord, if some Iranian expats who are now Christians should return, please speak to them (John 10:27).
- Bless and comfort all those who are in prison for their faith (Heb. 11:32-12:2).
- Please give the Iranian Body a revelation of how You see the restoration of Israel today (Jer. 32:41-42).
- Impart to them a spirit of intercession for their nation’s unbiblical relationship with Israel (Num. 24:9b).
- Security – Iran: The IDF’s new multiyear plan to prepare for warfare in the future includes a new “Iran Command” that will focus specifically on the threat from Iran against Israel.
- Lord, thank You for Israel taking this very seriously (Isa. 21:6, 11-12).
- We thank You for this fruit of what Netanyahu has been warning the world about since the late 1980s (Eccl. 11:1).
- Bless the head of the new Iran Command, Brig. Gen. T. Kalman, who is a former IAF fighter pilot. Give him an ability to learn from his past experiences as well as to receive wisdom from above (Prov. 21:31).
- Create true unity among IDF commanders and forbid that egos prevent them from defending Israel (Prov. 24:6).
- Aid all IDF planners to prepare Israel to fight and win the next war and not the last war (1 Chr. 12:32).
- Pour out Your strategy and tactics into the hearts of all these people (1 Chr. 14:15).
- Continue to help Israel hold on to its red lines in Syria especially (Matt. 5:37).
- Show the IDF if a preemptive strike is needed against Hezbollah in Lebanon or on Iran itself (Josh. 6:2).
- The Coronavirus impact: The overall picture is confusing. While it is true that the virus transfers very rapidly, its fatality rate is much lower when compared with some of its predecessors. What is clear is that there is a great deal of fear surrounding the reporting about this and some decisions made concerning this disease. All this is leading to a sense of panic – which gives an open door for the enemy to enter.
- We declare that this plague has not taken You by surprise. Our God reigns over all (Psa. 103:19).
- Thank you for the courageous way that the Chinese church has taken on this challenge as an opportunity to bear witness.
For though I preach the gospel, no glory is to me, For necessity is laid on me; yea, woe is to me if I do not preach the gospel!(1 Cor. 9:16)
- Lord Yeshua, may the rest of Your body throughout the world reject fear and panic (2 Tim. 1:7).
- Help us to see that this is all part of Your end time shakings (Hag. 2:4-7).
- Enable Israel’s government ministries to lead with calmness and grant them wisdom in any decisions for safeguarding of this nation (Ezek. 20:40; 48:19).
- Anti-Semitism and aliyah: Again, we touch on this issue that seems to us an end-time sign to all Jews in exile that it is time to come back home.
So, behold, the days come, says YHWH, that it shall no more be said, As YHWH lives, who brought up the sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt; but, As YHWH lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands where He had driven them. And I will bring them again into their lands that I gave to their fathers. Behold, I will send for many fishermen, says YHWH, and they will fish them. And afterwards I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them from every mountain and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.Jer. 16:14-16
- Lord, whatever it takes to wake up the Jews in the West – do it with as much mercy as possible (Zech. 8:7-8).
- Forbid that UK Jews think Jeremy Corban was their only enemy and now they are safe (1 Thess. 5:3).
- Help US Jews to see the gross anti-Semitism and anti-Israelism taking over the Democratic Party.
- Thank You for the return of some Ethiopian Jews this past week – but Lord there are still thousands who want to come home. Bring them all back suddenly (Mal. 3:1)!
- Abba, European Jews see what is happening and for the most part ignore the anti-Semitic graffiti on the walls. Shake them and save them; forbid that they should forget Jerusalem (Psa. 137:5-6).
- Give us a government that will throw open wide the doors for all of Your people to return, regardless of race, creed or financial condition (Isa. 62:10).
- Bless abundantly all those Christian organizations that are literally and figuratively carrying Your people back home on their shoulders (Isa. 49:22).
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion,
The IFI team