- There has been lots of wet weather here in Israel – which is an answer to prayer and another reason for us to praise Him.
- Abba, thank you for hearing our prayers (1 John 5:14-15).
- We bless You for the abundant rain (Psa. 68:9).
- Lord, Your unchangeableness gives us great confidence as we walk with You (Mal. 3:6).
- You are the all sufficient one in whom we have all that we need (2 Cor. 3:5).
- Thank You for proving Yourself consistently trustworthy and faithful (1 Thess. 5:24; 2 Thess. 3:3)
- It is incredible to know that because of Yeshua, we can call You
Abba, Father (Gal. 4:6).
- What a joy to be here in Jerusalem – in the middle of the actual fulfillment of Your prophetic Word in these days (Psa. 147:2; Jer. 31:10).
- We rest in Your covenant-promises – established on You and Your Word (Isa. 55:3; Jer. 31:31-34).
Ah, Lord YHWH, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and stretched out arm. Nothing is too great for You! (Jer. 32:17; cp. 32:27)
- Yes, there has been an outpouring of rain and snow here in Israel. Still, we need to ask for more because this land needs more water to be all that God has said it will be.
And the waste land shall be tilled, instead of being a ruin before all passing by, and they shall say, this land that was wasted has become like the Garden of Eden. (Ezek. 36:34-35)
- Lord, to be like Eden, we need rivers. Please give Israel big streams in the desert (Isa. 35:6).
- Thank You again for this very wet weather. May it continue until even the Sea of Galilee is filled to the brim once again (Job 37:5-6).
- Let the water fall in the right places and at the right season (Deut. 11:14).
- Provide safety to all so that there will be no more deaths or accidents in any floods (Psa. 32:6-7).
- Give Israelis wisdom to develop ways to catch the rain that just washes away – especially on the coast.
- May the rain so abundant that Isaiah 41:20 comes to pass:
see, and know, and look on, and understand together, that the hand of YHWH has done this, and the Holy One of Israel has created it. (Isaiah 41:20)
- We prayed next for the Israeli government in line with 1 Tim. 2:1-4. National elections have been scheduled in Israel for April 9th. We first asked God to enable the current government to govern and not just move into campaign mode.
- Continue to use the current government for Your glory (Psa. 115:1-3).
- Prevent them from being so election-focused that they end up being useless or even dangerous.
- Do not allow them to neglect any of their important responsibilities (Rom. 13:1-4).
- Bless those who are faithful now and prepare them for greater responsibility in the future (Luke 12:48b).
- The media and many politicians are already in election-mode, and there is already a distinct anti-Bibi (current Prime Minster Netanyahu) move afoot in both areas. New parties are also being started and some political-animals are trying to switch parties to make sure they get elected as in Israel we vote for the party and not a specific person.
- Lord Yeshua, You upon whom the government rests (Isa. 9:6-7), raise up the government that is Your perfect choice for Israel at this time in history (Dan. 4:25b; 5:21b).
- Watch over this word to bring it closer to fulfillment through the results of the next elections:
And I will restore your judges as at first, and your counselors as at the beginning; afterwards you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city. (Isa. 1:26)
- Pour out Your mercy and give discernment to Israelis to sift through the lies and fake news to know who it is that You have chosen to lead the next government (Psa. 51:6; Prov. 23:23).
- Make the division super-clear between those who are appeasers to the anti-Christ humanistic spirit and those who are desirous of being biblically-correct (Prov. 11:6; Isa. 24:16).
- Give us, Your intercessors, clarity as to how and for whom we should be praying (Dan. 2:20-23).
- Continue to raise up the next generation of Israeli leaders (Ex. 18:25-26).
- Please Lord, limit the power of the ultra-Orthodox parties in the next government (Matt. 15:3).
- Cast out of office all Israeli-Arab politicians who are more concerned about the Palestinians than they are for their own constituency – the Israeli Arabs who elected them.
- PM Netanyahu is in Brazil to meet with its President-elect Bolsonaro. He is known to be a genuine believer and has said that he will move the Brazilian embassy up to Jerusalem. Bibi will also be meeting other world leaders while there.
- Lord, thank You for this change in relationship between Israel and Brazil.
- Bless Brazil in an open and obvious way so that the connection is made between Your blessings and their new government blessing Your nation (Num. 24:9).
- Use Bolsonaro for Your holy name’s sake (Isa. 60:5-6).
- Lord, we ask You to move the Brazilian embassy up to Jerusalem in 2019 (Isa. 60:10-11).
- May the personal relationship between Bibi and Bolsonaro become a deep heart-to-heart friendship that encourages both leaders to follow You more deeply and provokes Netanyahu to jealousy (Rom. 11:11).
- When Netanyahu meets with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, enable him to share in an honest way about some of Trump’s latest moves and what it means to America-Israeli relations (Ezek. 3:17).
- Provide heavenly protection for Netanyahu and the Israeli contingent while they are in South America.
- Use this time away from Israel to strengthen, and encourage Bibi and to impart wisdom to him as to what he should be concentrating on during the time between now and the elections (Prov. 19:21; 21:1).
- We prayed next into Israel’s security situation. The north along the Lebanese and Syrian borders has been very active recently. Israel just found and destroyed a 5th Hizbullah terror tunnel and this past week the Israel Air Force attacked Iranian missile warehouses near Damascus.
- Lord, thank You for another successful attack by the IAF on an Iranian site in Syria (Josh. 23:10).
- Do not allow negative Russian feedback on the IAF attack stop Israel from doing whatever it needs to do to protect itself against the Iranian “clear and present” threat (Psa. 44:4-8).
- Use the successful IDF attacks against Hizbullah’s tunnels and Iran’s missile warehouses to further the weakening of Iran’s economy (Jer. 49:35-37).
- We bless You for the answer to pray and the development by Israel of its tunnel detection equipment.
- Expose all remaining unfound tunnels quickly (Job 12:22).
- When Israel needs to deal with Hizbullah in Lebanon forbid that UNIFIL – the UN useless force that is supposed to guard against any Hizbullah buildup there – get in the way.
- As southern Lebanon is part of the Promised Land, we remind You of this:
If you go to war in your land against the enemy who fights against you, then you shall blow with the trumpets . You shall be remembered before YHWH your God, and you shall be saved from your enemies. (Num. 10:9)
- Lord, aid Israel to complete the development of the Iron Beam laser system against all types of missile and rocket attacks (2 Chr. 26:11-15).
- Based on Psalm 129:7, we ask for you to sow confusion and strife among all of Israel’s enemies.
- In the south, Hamas – Gaza’s terrorist overlords – have threatened a fierce response today to last week’s death of four Gazans in demonstrations against Israel’s security fence. Remember that the goal of Hamas’ “March of Return”, which has been going on since March, is the conquest of all of Israel and the death of all Jews found in it.
- Based on Hamas’ goals, we thank You for the IDF and its ability to protect this nation (Ezek. 37:10).
- Continue to provide divine protection to the IDF as it provides protection for Your nation (Psa. 140:7).
- Anoint the IDF soldiers to be wise in all their actions and decisions (Prov. 21:31; 24:6).
- Shield them from all spirits of Israeli-hatred that accompany so many of the Palestinians in Gaza.
- Can we suggest that today would be a great time to release that hail You have in reserve (Job 38:22-23).
Behold, the Lord is a mighty and strong one, like a hailstorm, a destroying storm; like a flood of mighty waters overflowing, He casts down to the earth with the hand.Isa. 28:2
- Lord, pour out Your fear upon all potential demonstrators (2 Chr. 17:10).
- Abba, wake up the Gazan people to see how they are being used as cannon fodder for Hamas.
- Pour out Your healing balm on all Israelis living near Gaza: physical, emotional, and mental (Jer. 33:6).
- Use the believers in those communities to be a source of healing for the whole person (Matt. 5:13-16).
- We turned our prayers to Judea and Samaria. The world calls this area “the Occupied Territories”, yet it is the true biblical heartland of this nation and the very areas to which God promises to restore us.
- Thank You for fulfilling Your word in resorting these areas to Israel (Jer. 31:3-5; Zech. 12:2-8).
- Aid the security forces to increase security of the settlers in their homes and on the roads (Psa. 121:4).
- Protect all Israelis in these areas from knife attacks, car-rammings and drive by shootings (Psa. 3:7).
- Increase the actionable intelligence that Israel’s security forces obtain.
- Praise You for the night arrests of terrorists that disrupt the wicked plans of Islamic jihadis (Psa. 44:4).
- Protect all IDF checkpoints and use them to protect the people of this nation (Isa. 33:5-6).
- May all the new homes promised to be built in the settlements – actually be built soon (Amos 9:11-15).
- May 2019 see a huge move of Your Spirit on the settlers in Israel’s mountains (Ezek. 36: 24-32).
- Show us how to pray for Palestinian Authority elections that are supposed to take place in six months.
- US President Trump’s “deal of the century” peace plan has been pushed back by the Israeli elections – hallelujah! Still, the next Israeli government is going to need titanium in its spine to resist whatever will be presented. Even without knowing the details, Trump saying that Israel will not like parts of it waves a huge red flag before our eyes.
- Thank You for another delay in the revealing of this plan.
- If this plan is not of You – trash it (Psa. 33:10-11).
- Abba, take an obvious stance against all further plans to divide Your land (Joel 3:1-2).
- Provide light from Your word to the next government to know what to do (Psa. 36:9; 119:130).
- Give Israel a government that will say “no” to anything that is against Your revealed will (Gen. 39:9b).
- Give Israel a government that will use Your Word to explain why it needs to say “no” (Matt. 22:29)!
- Where are the ultra-Orthodox in this area? Wake them up to all of Your word.
- Thank You for hardening the hearts of Palestinian leaders. Continue to do it and use it (Rom. 9:17-18).
We ended by praying for Jews in exile to make aliyah in 2019. May “Next year in Jerusalem” be a reality for many of God’s people. So many are like the frog in a pot of cold water which is slowly being boiled – and yet the frog remains, until death. Why is it that so many of His people are so blind to all the obvious signs of increased anti-Semitism/anti-Zionism/Jew-hatred that permeates most Western nations today? Will they wait until the Jeremy Corbyns are elected before they run? Will they then try run to another place other than Israel – only putting off the inevitable to another time? Recall that there were many warnings spoken to the Jews in Europe in the 1930s and yet despite that and the rise of Hitler’s Nazis most Jews refused to flee. Please pray for His people to humble themselves to see that now is the time for Zion to flee Babylon (Zech. 2:6-7)!
Shabbat shalom and may 2019 be a year in which all of us are drawn closer to the King of kings, our Lord, our Friend, our Savior, the Messiah of Israel – Yeshua, God the Son.
The IFI team
Leave A Comment