One of God’s most merciful dealings with Israel is how He provided for His rebellious people in the wilderness. While any Israeli over 20 was banned from entering the Promised Land, that did not mean He rejected them as His people. He watched over them, leading and feeding them, providing water and durable clothing. In Shabbat’s Torah portion Moses tells the generation who are about to enter and conquer the land:
For YHWH your God has blessed you in all the works of your hand: He knows your walking through this great wilderness: these forty years YHWH your God has been with you; you lacked nothing.(Deut. 2:7)
- Lord, we bless You for this wonderful example to us that once we are placed in Your hands, we are secure even though we are far from being perfect and obedient children (John 10:28-29).
- Thank You that in Your mercy and grace, You provide all of our needs (Gen. 48:15; 2 Cor. 9:8-11).
- Since You know what we need better than we do, we trust in You to supply that (Prov. 3:5).
- We praise You that Your commitment to Israel and to us is grounded on who You are, and not on who we are or do or say (Deut. 7:6-8; Prov. 18:10; 1 John 4:19).
- We bless You for choosing us before our birth and creating us for Your will (Jer. 1:5; Rev. 4:11).
- We rejoice for You set our feet on the Rock and filled us with songs of deliverance (Psa. 32:7; 40:2).
- Thank You for clothing us in Your righteousness in Messiah Yeshua (Isa. 61:10; 2 Cor. 5:21).
- It is beyond our grasp, yet we praise You in faith for it anyway Lord, that You not only guard us from falling, but You will also present us before Your throne with exceeding joy (Jude 1:24)!
Russia’s threat to shut down the Jewish Agency  has stirred up Jews still living there – and prayerfully elsewhere – that the time to make aliyah is now.
- Lord, use this probable Russian action as an answer to the prayer of many of us for Jews in all of the exile to set their sights on returning to Zion as soon as possible (Jer. 50:4-5, 19; Rom. 8:28).
- We ask You to be the final arbitrator of whether the JA remains open in Russia (Isa. 14:24, 27).
- Protect all Ukrainian Jewish men who, willingly or not, had to stay and fight for that nation, while their families made aliyah and are waiting for them in Israel (Psa. 68:6; Jer. 31:8-10; Ezek. 34:11-14).
- Keep the gates open for the thousands of Russian Jews who want to return at this time (Psa. 107:3).
- Wherever gates are closed to Jews leaving, like Iran, send forth angelic locksmiths (Acts 12:7-11).
- Lord, for Your holy name’s sake speed up the ingathering of Israel’s scattered people (Psa. 106:47).
- Let the “suddenness” of recent events, since the start of the coronavirus plague, shake up and wake up all Jews who still think that they have plenty of time to make aliyah (Eccl. 9:12; 1 Thess. 5:3).
- Confront Jews in exile who know they belong in Israel but always make excuses (Luke 14:16-22)
- Open the eyes of the Jews who remain in exile to see how the current rise of anti-Semitism is being allowed by You in order to chase them home (Jer. 16:16).
- Yet with others, draw them back to Israel through Your everlasting covenant-love (Jer. 31:3).
- Use the likely closing of the JA to force Israel’s Interior Ministry and its new government to be more flexible and less bureaucratic with the entry of Jewish immigrants and their families (Isa. 57:14).
- Lord, if any new immigrants are not able to get all the paperwork needed, move upon the Israeli authorities deal with them with a huge amount of mercy (Psa. 23:6; Prov. 11:17a).
- Abba, may the next Israeli government make aliyah as much of a priority as You do (Jer. 32:41-42).
- Show Israel that while it is proper to be concerned for the security of Jews who choose to live in the exile – as well as to speak out against anti-Semitism – Israel must not encourage them to stay there.
- Lord Yeshua, You desire for Your Body to co-labor with You to restore Israel (Isa. 49:22; 60:8-12), so send forth words from elders who will preach this truth without fear (1 Cor. 3:9; Gal. 4:16).
- Move on rich Jews and Christians to help generously with the aliyah (Ezra. 1:3-4; Isa. 60:10-11).
The political campaigns for Israel’s November 1st elections are heating up. With that, most of Israel’s center and left-wing media are back to the “anyone-but-Bibi ” mode, which to us is a sign that Netanyahu is still the best man to lead this nation at this time.
- We again ask You to do what You said in Shabbat’s prophetic portion:
Therefore says the Lord, YHWH of hosts, Mighty of Israel, ‘I will relieve Me of My foes, and avenge Me of My enemies: and I will turn My hand upon you, and purely purge away you dross, and take away all you tin. And I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counsellors as at the beginning. Afterward you shall be called, “The city of righteousness, the faithful city.” Zion shall be redeemed with judgment  and her converts  with righteousness’.(Isa. 1:24-27)
- Lord, if five elections within three years is how You are purging out the dross from Israel’s political scene, then we say amen – but plead that it would be totally accomplished this time!
- God, uncover any hidden agendas in the political parties as well as in the hearts of politicians, and reveal them to Israel’s voters (1 Sam. 16:7; Psa. 7:9; Jer. 17:10; 32:19)
- As the majority of Knesset seats are already determined by the parties before the elections, at this time, sift out the dross and bring forth the gold in the various parties (Isa. 32:1; 60:17).
- Be the controlling force behind all Israeli parties’ political maneuverings (Ezra 9:14; Prov. 16:5).
- Overrule man’s votes and lift up those whom You want to be in Israel’s government (Prov. 19:21).
- Deal with those who will lead this nation, humbling them and helping them to reach out to others to heal broken relationships – especially those like Bibi in the right-wing parties (Prov. 13:10; Jer. 9:23).
- If necessary, raise up from obscurity people whom You desire to lead Israel (1 Sam. 16:10-12).
- Give Israel a government that will deal righteously with the wealthy and the poor (Jam. 2:2-4).
- Let the next finance minister be chosen based on capability and not political alliances (Prov. 18:16).
- May the dire situation of the very high cost of living in Israel be an issue that all politicians in Israel can unite and solve together (Psa. 86:11).
- Clear out the corruption that is found in almost all areas of Israeli society (Mal. 3:3).
- Supply all the encouragement, finances, personnel and proper work hours for Israel’s Police.
- Anoint someone in Israel to develop a safety plan for its roads (Psa. 121:8).
- We again ask You to do what You said in Shabbat’s prophetic portion:
It is a pleasure for us who see Israel’s restoration as a fulfillment of God’s Word to also see how He has fulfilled Ezekiel 37:10 and created
an exceedingly great armyin Israel today.
- Lord, may the transition between IDF Chief of Staff Kochavi and whoever is chosen to replace him at the beginning of 2023 – be a smooth, Spirit-led, efficient transition (Acts 1:23-26).
- Abba, guard over and bless all soldiers who are guarding over Your nation today (Isa. 41:13-16).
- We ask for special protection, courage and wisdom to the IDF troops amassing at the Gaza security fence area against the very real threat from Palestinian Islamic Jihad at this time (Psa. 44:4-8).
- Anoint all of the IDF leaders so that soldiers can trust and follow them into battle (1 Chr. 11:11).
- Continue to give Israel cutting edge weaponry and weapons systems (Psa. 31:2).
- Aid Israel’s military scientists who are trying to bring the Iron Beam laser weapon to the point where it can be mass produced and used (Jer. 50:25).
- Make Israel cautious when it comes to sharing its military breakthroughs with anyone (Isa. 39:1-7).
- Pour out the gifts of the Holy Spirit on all believing soldiers – both Jews and gentiles – giving them boldness and confidence in You when it is time for them to use them (1 Cor. 12:7-11).
- Have mercy and pair up each believing soldier with another believer (Mark. 6:7).
- Internal security:
Terror attacks are increasing but so is Israel’s aggressive action against the terrorists. Yet until Israel extends its sovereignty over all of the land west of the Jordan River – there will never be the kind of peace and security we read about in Ezekiel 38:8 and 11b.
- Lord, You said in the Torah portion that You swore to give Israel the land, so we ask You to arrange circumstances in order that Your oath can be fulfilled in our days (Deut. 1:8, 35; 2:24, 31; 3:18, 20).
- This Shabbat, encourage Israel’s political and military leaders as they read Moses’ words:
Behold, YHWH your God has set the land before you: go up and possess it, as YHWH God of your fathers has said to you; fear not, neither be discouraged.(Deut. 1:21)
- Speak to the next Israeli government to let Judea and Samaria be built (Isa. 44:24-26; Jer. 31:3-5).
- Hinder Israel’s transitional government when it encourages the creation of a Palestine (Joel 3:1-2), or when it discourages the growth of Israeli communities in Judea and Samaria (Isa. 54:2-3; Obad. 1:17).
- Reveal to Israel that as it actively pursues evil doers, as with its current “Break the Wave” action, You protect its warriors as per Your promise in the Torah portion (Deut. 1:30; see also Deut. 33:29).
- Lord, arise, and defend Your nation by scattering Your enemies who – like Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad – really do delight in war (Psa. 68:1, 30).
- Increase the internal chaos among Palestinians in Judea, Samaria and Gaza (Psa. 55:9; Prov. 10:12).
- Lord, in mercy save many of the youth in Gaza where suicides have increased greatly (Isa. 61:1-2).
- In fact, save many Palestinians – turning our enemies into our family (Eph. 2:11-19).
- External security:
In many ways this promise from Shabbat’s Torah portion is coming to pass today:
This day will I begin to put the terror of you  and the fear of you upon the faces of the peoples that are under the whole heaven, who shall hear report of you, and shall tremble , and be in anguish because of you.(Deut. 2:25)
- We give You glory that after 74 years of threats and actual wars, the nation of Israel not only still exists, but in many ways is prospering (Jer. 31:35-37; Amos 9:13-15).
- Magnify the paranoia and fear of Israel’s God – and its Mossad, its spy and intelligence service – among Iran’s leaders, both political and military (Gen. 35:5; 2 Chr. 17:10).
- Use this paranoia and fear to cause Iran’s leaders to make major geo-political errors (Psa. 76:12).
- Lord, do the very same thing to Hizbullah’s leaders – paranoia leading to errors (Psa. 35:4, 26).
- Expose and destroy all demonic plans that are being hatched by Iran and its proxies against Israel (Psa. 33:10-11; 139:11-12).
- Confound all communications, both internally and externally, among Zion-haters (Psa. 129:5).
- Concerning intelligence gathering, may Israel be the head and not the tail – globally (Deut. 28:13).
- Lord, please prevail in Israel’s negotiations with Lebanon about a maritime agreement (Matt. 6:10).
- When the inevitable war against Hizbullah in Lebanon begins, intervene in their use of missiles and launchers in such a way that they will recognize that You are the God of Israel (Psa. 109:26-28).
- As Chinese involvement in Syria grows, oversee and guide Israel’s response (Psa. 31:3).
- With the rising global onslaught declaring Israel an apartheid nation, lead us in prayer so that we are not praying against any fulfillment of prophecy that this might result in (Zech. 12:2-3, 9; 14:1-3).
Tomorrow evening, after Shabbat, until Sunday at sunset many Jews in Israel and in exile will fast in observance of Tisha b’Av – the 9th of the Hebrew month Av. Many disasters have occurred to the Jewish people on, or close to, this date: the destruction of the first and second temples in Jerusalem; England expelled it Jews in 1290; Spain in 1492; the Nazi’s final solution to the Jewish problem was approved, plus other tragedies. 
- Lord, as Your people fast and read the book of Lamentations, speak to them of Your mercies and Your covenant-love which has maintained them as a nation for over 3,000 years (Lam. 3:22).
- Let them rejoice in the midst of their sorrow for
great is Your faithfulness(Lam. 3:23).
- Let all the seeds sown in Jewish hearts bear much fruit at this season (1 Cor. 3:5-9).
- Pour out the gift of repentance on Your people who are back in the land at this time (Lam. 5:21).
- Save many of the Jews who have made aliyah in 2022 (Jer. 32:37-40).
- Abba, in mercy reveal Messiah to all living Holocaust survivors and their families (Psa. 107:14-16).
- Lord, miraculously save some politicians who will be leading Israel after the elections (Jer. 31:7).
- Oh Lord God, quicken the day when all Israel will be saved (Isa. 45:17).
- Messiah, build up the Israeli Body so that it can disciple many of the new believers (2 Tim. 2:1-3).
- Raise up at this time those prophesied shepherds after Your heart (Jer. 3:15; 23:3-4).
- Even if they do not know what this Sunday is on the Jewish calendar, lay it on the hearts of many members of the Body of Messiah to intercede for the salvation of Israel on this very day (Jer. 31:7).
Yes, it is early, but that is no reason to not ask God for rains now.
Are there any among the vanities of the nations that cause rain? Can the heavens give showers? Are not You He, YHWH our God? So we will wait upon You, for You have made all these.Jer. 14:22
- As it is You who give the rain, we ask You for this blessing which You desire to give (Psa. 147:7-9).
- You promised that the land of Israel will become like the Garden of Eden, so please provide all of the rain needed that will bring Your promise to pass – in all of its fullness (Ezek. 36:35).
Like other ministries these days, we also need to make some adjustments. Please pray for us that we will hear the Lord and know what to do and what not to do. Thank you for your support for us in other ways as well.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion
For the IFI team