- Praise: The Lord brought these verses to our attention this week, which are most appropriate for us all in these “interesting” and “exciting” days:
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You are with me; Your rod and staff comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies: You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and covenant-love shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of YHWH forever.Psa. 23:4-6
- Abba, thank You that as we have suddenly walked into the valley of the shadow of death because of the coronavirus, we can trust in You and expect Your to guide and protect us (Heb. 13:5b).
- Lord Yeshua, we praise You for Your table set out for us through Your blood , and Your body, that we can declare, in the presence of our enemies, Your death until You return (1 Cor. 11:26).
- As anointing with oil was often used for healing (Jam. 5:14), we thank You for the healing that is available in the atonement (Isa. 53:5; 1 Pet. 2:24).
- Lord, as many of us confined to our homes and forced to live at a less hectic pace, are You slowing us down so that Your covenant-love and goodness which have been running after us can finally catch up, in order that we realize ultimately You are all we need (Psa. 23:1)? Thank You, Lord.
- Israel & the coronavirus : While Israel has been very pro-active in dealing with this virus – with much of that pre-emptive attitude coming from PM Bibi Netanyahu – still Israel’s medical services are being stretched to the limit and its economy is taking a hit.
- Lord, we ask You to protect, physically and in all other ways, all responsible government leaders as they come together to sift through the information and format strategy (Psa. 84:9; 89:18).
- Lord, we also ask You to protect, physically and in all other ways, all Israel’s medical personnel who are on the front lines – whether out in the streets and homes, or in the hospitals (Psa. 84:11; 89:18).
- Guard over the medical equipment and provide all the finances are needed (Psa. 132:13-15).
- Provide all the support people that the doctors, nurses and hospitals need (1 Chr. 12:1).
- As more tests are done, more people are found to be infected. Please aid Israel’s government and other officials on how to disseminate this information without causing panic or placing on Israelis unfounded fears and unnecessary pressure.
The Spirit of YHWH spoke in me , and his word was on my tongue. The God of Israel, the Rock of Israel said to me, ‘He who rules over men must be just , ruling in the fear of God.(2 Sam. 23:2-3)
- Let there come forth from Israel’s leaders and spokespeople that which is clear so as not to confuse the population with rules that are not clear or that change daily (1 Cor. 14:8).
- Abba, help the leaders of the Ultra-Orthodox and Israeli-Arab communities to express the dangers of CV-19 clearly and insist that their people follow the government’s guidelines (Rom. 13:1-4).
- Lord, stand guard over this nation and forbid that a spirit of fear would enter and ruin that which You are doing with all of Your heart and soul (Psa. 46:1-2; Jer. 32:41).
- As the IDF takes a larger role in this battle against CV-19, pour out the oil of unity between all the medical professionals and the IDF personnel (Psa. 133:1-3).
- Lord Yeshua, give us wisdom to know how to meet and minister one to another (Heb. 10:25).
- Provide us with wisdom and grace to minister to those who are in need of You (2 Cor. 1:3-4).
- Precious Shepherd, by Your Spirit, lead the Body in Israel, as well as worldwide, to know exactly how to pray and what to pray for in this battle against CV-19 (1 John 5:14-15).
- Government: Wednesday night was the beginning of the biblical new year, the first of Nissan, and Thursday evening Israel received a new year’s gift as a unity government was in the process of being formed. Also Israel witnessed the sinking, like the Titanic, of the Blue & White party. It was amazing to see how suddenly that party broke apart once it’s leader Benny Gantz decided to join with a Netanyahu-led government in the war against CV-19 and to prevent a 4th election. As of now this is what we know: Netanyahu will remain prime minister until September 2021, then Gantz, who will either be foreign or defense minister until then, takes the reins. So far, this appears to be a definite answer to our intercession over the past year of Israel’s lack of a permanent government. How all this will pan out and what this means is still up in the air. We will watch what happens and pray in line with His will, as that is needed as much now as before. It seems that until our Lord returns, the intercessor’s job is never done.
But the completion of all things is near, so be of sound mind and self-controlled, for the sake of prayers.(1 Pet. 4:7)
- Lord, we have seen that as a politician Gantz is very double-minded and hence unstable (Jam. 1:8). Yet since you have raised him up for this day, we ask You to make him someone who can both work with Bibi and work for what is best in Your sight for this nation (Job 32:8).
- Lord, thank You for answering our specific requests to see both B&W broken up as well as to not see Avigdor Liberman in the government (Dan. 2:21)!
- We are grateful that the anti-Zionist Joint Arab List will also not be in the government (Prov. 16:5).
- Thank You Abba that as this new truncated B&W now leads the opposition, the Joint Arab list will not – and therefore will not receive monthly security reports form the government (Matt. 7:6).
- Many of the current ministers who are in the transitional government face an unknown future. Please give them courage to do what is best for this nation today and tomorrow (Ezek. 20:40; 48:19).
- Lord of all, please control the distribution of ministry portfolios so that the best people for the job obtain them and that they are not just given out as political quid-pro-quos (Prov. 19:6; 29:4).
- Lord our Healer, protect the ministers from being infected by the CV-19 (Psa. 121:3-4).
- Guard all whom You have raised up to lead at this time against all manipulation (Num. 23:23).
- Lord Yeshua, we are so thankful that regardless of what happens in Israel’s political scene, the government is already on Your shoulders (Isa. 9:67; Dan. 7:13-14; Matt. 28:18; Phil. 2:9-11)!
- Security: The IDF may take the weight of fighting the CV-19 as it is more equipped to handle a national crisis than the Health Ministry. Yet Israel’s enemies wait for it to drop its guard. So far, these enemies have also had to deal with CV-19, but some care so much more about destroying Israel, than saving the lives of the people they rule, that an all-out attack – like from the Islamic Shi’ite regime ruling Iran – is something that has been discussed by Israeli security, So we should discuss it before the throne of Israel’s King as well.
- Lord, forbid that the IDF is decimated by this virus as has occurred to armies in history (Psa. 33:20).
- Abba, You know how much the recovery from this virus will cost Israel. Give its leaders wisdom to know how to continue to maintain or increase the budget the IDF needs as well as to deal with all the other expenses (Isa. 54:2; Jer. 32:42).
- Yes, we are asking for a miracle, but this is Israel and so we ask this with boldness – for Your holy name’s sake (Ezek. 36:32-37; Heb. 4:16)!
- Do not allow Israel to be fooled that because its enemies are dealing with the CV-19, they will not launch any attacks. Severely infected Muslims might become willing suicide bombers! (Jer. 31:10)
- Lord, watch over and encourage these new recruits (2 Sam. 22:35).
- Protect them from CV-19 and from all the dangers of basic training (Psa. 144:1).
- Give the commanders wisdom as to where to place each one when it is time for them to be assigned to their units (Prov. 21:31).
- Place Messianic believers in the IDF with other believers for prayer and encouragement (Mark 6:7).
- Remove all fear of man from Israel’s security forces and pour out the fear of God (Psa. 56:4; 96:4).
- Lord, You’ve heard the threats from Hamas to fire rockets from Gaza and force Israelis to be in close contact with each other in bomb shelters. Deal with these demonic threats and if they happen, give the IDF courage to strike back – hard and fast (Psa. 68:1; 30b).
- Use the harsh impact of the CV-19 plague on Iran as another tool to cut off its financial aid and other means of support from its proxies in the Middle East, especially Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad in Gaza and Hizbullah in Lebanon (Num. 24:9b; Joel3:9-17).
- Continue to judge Iran’s leaders and set the Iranian people free (Jer. 49:38).
- Economy: With the rest of the world, Israel’s economy is taking a hit. Yet God has promised to do better for Israel at its end that at its beginning, so we can pray with faith as we ask Him to work a miracle and continue to provide Israel with all it needs to be the nation He has created it to be.
Not unto us, YHWH, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and Your truth’s sake. Why should the nations say, Where is now their God? But our God is in the heavens: He has done whatever He has pleased.Psa. 115:1-3
- We ask that You watch over this promise:
For thus says YHWH, Just like I have brought all this great evil on this people, so will I bring on them all the good that I have promised them.(Jer. 32:42)
- May the end of this CV-19 reveal how You are always at work among Your people (Phil. 2:13).
- Lord, bring a miraculous restoration to the tourist industry, including all tour companies and tour guides, all hotels, and the airlines (Deut. 7:13; Job 42:10-13; Ezek. 36:30).
- Lord, we specifically ask for Nir Barkat to be given this ministry and to be anointed in leading Israel through its economic recovery phase, (Psa. 75:6-7).
- Give wisdom to the next government to know how to use the huge profits from Israel’s off-shore oil finds (Job 28:1; Psa. 105:37; Prov. 16:16).
- Awaken compassion in wealthy Israelis for their poorer compatriots (1 Sam. 2:7; Prov. 22:2, 16).
- Aid believers to care for their own so that they are not an extra burden on society (1 Tim. 5:8)
For thus says YHWH of hosts; As I thought to punish you, when your fathers provoked Me to anger …and I did not change My mind, so have I purposed in these days to do well unto Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. Fear not.Zech. 8:14-15
- Aliyah: Amazingly, hundreds of Jews have immigrated to Israel even though they needed to go immediately from the planes to 14 day quarantine, including 900 since the beginning of March! One good thing to come out of this CV-19 situation is that thousands of Israelis outside of Israel’s borders have come home. Some were outside because of vacations or the traditional “let’s-explore-the-world” after their IDF service, and others have chosen to live outside of Israel – yet now, many desire to return. Hallelujah!
- Thank You Lord for the nation of Israel being willing to send planes at its own expense to bring this precious ones back home (Isa. 60:8).
There is hope in your end… that Your children will come again to their own border.Jer. 31:17
- Continue to use the land and nation of Israel to draw Your people back to You (Jer. 31:3).
- At this time of fear and rising anti-Semitism, place in the hearts of Your people in exile the urge to return to Zion (Psa. 137:4-6; Jer. 50:4-5).
- Passover under the CV-19 regulations. There will not be many, if any, extended family Passover Seders , as even smaller group meetings have been banned in Israel and in many other nations.
- Lord Yeshua, with Passover approaching and most Israelis not being able to spend it together with their families, we ask You to be the special unexpected guest at each table (Luke 24:31).
- As each family celebrates Passover with their “doors” closed, let many reread Exodus 12 – the eye-witness account of what happened on that first Passover night – without all the rabbinic comments that at times confuse the real story.
- Open the eyes to unsaved Jews to see that it was the lamb itself who was called the Passover (Ex. 12:11, 21, 27)!
Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.(John 1:29)
- Abba, thank You for the blood of our Passover Lamb, Messiah Yeshua, which protected and still protects us from You righteous judgment on our sins (Ex. 12:13, 23)
- Finally, what is God saying to us today? We are promised that those who are Yeshua’s sheep will hear His voice. An urgent need of the hour is to hear what He is saying via these global shakings. While some things are clear, such as the judgment of the nations that curse Israel in ever increasing ways (Num. 24:9b; Joel 3:1-2), or the release of the hunters to drive the Jews back home (Jer. 16:16), as well as the huge expansion of His kingdom in places hardly touched by the gospel a short while ago , yet if He is saying something specific to His Body today, we need to hear it in order to intercede in line with His will.
- Lord, many prophetic voices are saying this, that and the other, yet You warned us of the false words and prophets that would arise in these last days. Give us, for Your glory’s sake, ears to hear what You Spirit is saying today (Rev. 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22).
- Protect us from nice sounding words of “peace and safety” that are not from You (1 Thess. 5:3).
- Quiet our spirits so that we can hear Your spirit in the storms (Psa. 46:10).
Be silent, O all flesh, before YHWH: for He is raised up out of His holy habitation.Zech. 2:13
May we all be found under the shadow of His wings (Psa. 91:1-8).
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion,
The IFI team