I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.” Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem! Jerusalem is built as a city that is compact together, where the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, to the Testimony of Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord. For thrones are set there for judgment, the thrones of the house of David. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.” For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, “Peace be within you.” Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good.
- Thank You that Yeshua is the Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)
- Thank You, Lord, that all things are in Your hands. Nothing is hidden from You. You are exalted over all.
- You are faithful and You are watching over Your word to perform it. (Jeremiah 1:12)
- Thank You for Your goodness.
- Your word is truth and the truth stands. (Psalm 119:160)
- Security of Jerusalem – Fridays in Ramadan continue to be a burden for prayer as Moslems fast during the day submitting themselves to Allah. This is often a very tense time with security tightened against possible terrorism threats.
- Protect and give wisdom to our security forces. Give them alertness and discernment of terror threats even before they occur.
- Give them expertise and readiness to act when they need to.
- Thwart every terrorist attack.
- Watch in particular over the city of Jerusalem.
Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
- Set Your angels to guard around Jerusalem especially the Temple Mount.
- Watch over the transport systems of the city during these days.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.(Psalm 121:8)
- Give wisdom to Jerusalem mayor Nir Barkat and protect him and his family.
- Meet with multitudes of Moslems during this season in visions. Reveal Yourself to them. Invade their dreams!
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.
- “Peace” process – Many things are happening to suggest that the peace process which we believed to be dead may still be alive. The Palestinians have announced that they are dropping the requirement that Israel stop building settlements before they will talk. Defense Minister Liberman has stated that a deal is closer than ever. We just had the visit of US President Trump and currently have his UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on a well-publicized visit.
- Lord, do not allow this land to be divided! Above all may Israel not allow any division of the land You have entrusted to her! (Joel 3:2)
- Jerusalem is Your city.
The city of the great king.(Matthew 5:35)
- Expose all lies and deception in the statements and posturing of leaders and governments, and may Israel’s leaders be wise, not falling into the traps of the enemy.
The proud have hidden a snare for me, and cords; They have spread a net by the wayside; They have set traps for me.
They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, saying, ‘Peace, peace!’ When there is no peace.
- Give Israel’s leaders the wisdom to recognize when there is indeed no peace.
- Repositioning in the Arab world – in recent days Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other nations have taken a very public position against their neighbor Qatar, breaking off relations and accusing Qatar of promoting terrorism. How far is this connected to President Trump’s recent visit to Saudi Arabia? Is it part of a wider strategy to reach an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal? Is it related to Israel’s recent improved (unofficial) relations with some of her Arab neighbors?
- Lord, give Israel’s leaders great wisdom in reacting to these events.
- Expose the hidden agendas of our enemies. Help our leaders to understand that Islam will always be an enemy.
- Help Israel to put trust in You and not in diplomatic deals worked in secret .
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass… For evildoers shall be cut off; but those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
- Turn the evil plans of our enemies on their own heads.
But as for those whose hearts follow the desire for their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their deeds on their own heads,” says the Lord God.
- Israel’s Ambassadors – We continue to pray for those carrying Israel’s name and message out among the nations and the international community including Danny Danon (United Nations), Ron Dermer (USA), Mark Regev (UK).
- May Israel’s representatives in the nations stand strong and speak truth.
- Make them like,
He who walks uprightly, and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart(Psalm 15:2)
- Turn these men and women back to Yourself and to Your word; bless and strengthen them and fill them with Your spirit.
- Security of Israel’s borders and the Mediterranean Sea
- Expose all the dangers to Israel from enemies on our borders or from the sea.
- Keep all the security forces alert to the dangers especially at times like this of relative quiet on our borders.
- Guard, Lord, against threats from tunnels and especially against kidnappings of soldiers or civilians.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust… You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
Psalm 91:2, 5-6
- Dry up the sources of resourcing to our enemies. Prevent all weaponry reaching them – Iranian weaponry to Hezbollah, smuggling arms to Hamas by sea, etc.
- Keep our spies hidden. Bless them and help them to get accurate information to Israel safely.
- Sow confusion in the enemy’s camp.
- IDF new recruits – this is one of the times of year when many new recruits are being drafted into the IDF.
- Lord, please prepare these young men and women and their parents for this new stage in their lives and place them exactly where you want them.
- Bless and anoint those who will be leading them in their early weeks of service.
- Give them vision and understanding that they are serving not only their nation, but You the God of Israel.
- Give those who are believers a vision for their army service. Make them a light to those around them, keep them clean and uncompromised in their lifestyle, connect them closely with other believers during their service.
- Call more believers to military careers.
Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.
- Also guard their hearts!
- Bless and protect all the Arabs and the ultra-Orthodox Jews serving in the IDF against great pressure from their own communities.
I will bless those who bless you.
I will plant them in their land, and no longer shall they be pulled up from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.
- Use the terror attacks in the nations, UK, France, etc., to show the Jewish people that Israel is their refuge.
- Remove the obstacles that discourage Your people from making Aliyah – the lack of affordable housing, bureaucratic requirements making it difficult for new immigrants to find jobs in their areas of expertise, papers required by the Ministry of Interior, etc.
- Place a burning desire in the hearts of Your people which will drive them to make Aliyah overcoming their doubts and fears.
- Bring back the “yordim” Israelis living abroad.
- Bring the young people – young families and singles. Anoint the “Birthright” program to bring young people in contact with Your land and their land.
- Use the outcome of this week’s general election in the UK to drive multitudes of British Jews to make their way home to Israel.
- IFI team – We give thanks for the conference in Scotland which has now finished. Chuck will be in UK for a further time of ministry.
- Lord, thank you for the Scotland conference. Refresh the IFI leaders as they return to Israel and strengthen Chuck for the coming weeks of ministry.
Shabbat Shalom from the IFI team!