Screenshot from Intercessors for Israel website www.ifi.org.il
Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.
Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
- Help us be still and know that You are God; You are the perfection of beauty; You are all we need.
- You have good plans for our future and we have no need to be anxious.
- You will arise and have mercy on Zion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name. Psalm 103:1
The name of the Lord is a strong tower. Proverbs 18:10
- Praying for the peace of Jerusalem at Ramadan
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces. Psalm 122:6-7
- Lord, protect and cover Your city, the only city where You have chosen to place Your name. (Deuteronomy 12:11)
- Watch over the Temple Mount and place Your restraining hand especially over the young men fasting and fired up with zeal for their god. Set Your angels in place particularly for these last days of Ramadan. Also anoint Israel’s security forces with wisdom and alertness. Guard the transport systems in Jerusalem and all who use them.
I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem. Isaiah 62:6
Like birds flying about, So will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Isaiah 31:5
- Gaza – a crisis is brewing over the supply of electricity. Most of Gaza’s electricity is supplied by Israel and paid for by the Palestinian Authority. However, the PA is refusing to pay and so Israel is restricting its supply with the people of Gaza restricted to 4 hours a day of electricity. In recent days there has been confirmation that Hamas terror tunnels have been found located underneath United Nations schools. Pressure is also increasing on the Palestinians as some nations are demanding their money back after proof that donor money was used to build facilities which were then dedicated to the honor of terrorists.
- Lord, we appeal to You not to allow any outbreak of violence which is not in Your perfect timing.
- Preserve Israel from her enemies and give wisdom to her government and military leaders.
- Expose the plans of our enemies and keep hidden all those who supply information to Israel. Bless them, Lord!
- Place Your hand over the believers in Gaza and use them for Your glory. Use them to turn hearts away from Hamas and towards the living God of Israel.
- Expose the truth.
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32)
- Building in Judea and Samaria – as well as the issues regarding Israel building settlements, there is controversy surrounding Israel allowing Palestinians to build in the areas (Area C) overseen by Israel. This may be one more way in which Israel is being pressurized by our so-called friends in order to revive the “peace process”
- Lord, please bring unity in the government and bring Your purposes to fruition through this matter.
- The land is Yours. Israel is a steward. Guard against us dividing Your land. (Joel 3:2)
- You have entrusted the land into our hands. Help us to cherish it not despise it.
- May Israel fear God rather than our “friends” in the nations.
- Give Israel’s leaders the strength and wisdom to resist all tricks and traps and manipulation.
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler. (Psalm 91:3)
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good inheritance. Psalm 16:6
- Thank You that the mountains and valleys of the land of Israel speak of Your goodness.
- Aliyah – the more Jewish people come home, the clearer it becomes that we cannot give away the land. It is needed.
- Bring Your people to fill Your land as You always intended. Excite them with the land so when they visit they want to stay.
- Reunite families in the land.
- Change the hearts of Your people to hearts of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)
- Use the rising terror around the world to help Your people to see the land of Israel as their only refuge.
Who are these who fly like a cloud, and like doves to their roosts? Isaiah 60:8
- Education – the mainstream education system in Israel is riddled with humanism as it is in much of the world.
- May Your word be taught as truth.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Lord, let righteousness and truth be at the heart of the education system in Israel.
I will bring them back, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people and I will be their God, In truth and righteousness.
- Anoint Education Minister Naftali Bennett. Raise up, appoint and anoint teachers who will teach truth to our children. Put more believing teachers into the public schools.
- Drive out the humanistic spirit which prevails in our schools.
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- IFI team
- Bless and protect Chuck in the last few days ministry in UK before his return home.
- Refresh all who need refreshment.
- Watch over and protect all who are called as watchmen, especially those in the land of Israel and in the city of Jerusalem!
Shabbat Shalom from the IFI team!