- Praise: Shabbat’s prophetic portion has verses encouraging us to be persistent in prayer based on His Word, which are then – in His timing and in His way – always answered.
The word of YHWH came to me, saying, Jeremiah, ‘What do you see?’ I said, “I see a rod of an almond tree’. Then YHWH said to me, You have seen well, for I will watch over My Word to do it.(Jer. 1:11-12)
- We bless You that Your Word gives us light to know Your will (Psa. 119:105: Prov. 6:23).
- We rejoice in living in a time when we so clearly can see Your Word being fulfilled (Isa. 55:11).
- We praise You for being faithful to fulfill all of Your promises (Heb. 6:17-18; 2 Pet. 3:9).
- What a joy to know that You are our refugee and strength in a time of need (Psa. 46:1).
- We rest on Your
more sure word of prophecyfor this nation, as well as for us (2 Pet. 1:19-21).
- Thank You for reminding us that it takes faith and patience to inherit the promises (Heb. 6:12).
Your words were found, and I did eat them; and Your word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart – for I am called by Your name, O YHWH God of hosts.Jer. 15:16
- Government: So far Israel’s unity government has not acted in unity. It comes across as very dysfunctional and is hard to watch. Yet we prayed for a government and since this is what the Lord allowed to come into being, we need to continue to pray for it to accomplish all that He has for it.
- Lord, PM Bibi Netanyahu has looked very frustrated and exhausted. Strengthen him until Your time for him to lead Israel’s government is over (Psa. 80:17).
- Encourage and remind him of his stated goal to reunify parts of the land at this time (Mark 10:9).
- Remind Defense Minister Benny Gantz that he does not represent the majority of Israelis and that he needs to co-lead with Bibi, instead of resisting everything Netanyahu tries to do (Amos 3:3).
- Please heal any mistrust between these men that has been placed there by the enemy’s manipulation, or has been exaggerated by other people (2 Cor. 2:10-11).
- Clear away all extraneous noise between government ministers and let them truly hear one another.
- Bring the government in line with Your priorities for Israel today, and eliminate all else (Psa. 40:8).
- Work in Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi’s heart so that he humbles himself to see how much he needs experienced advice in his new, very crucial, role (Prov. 1:5; 9:9).
- Coronavirus: Many more covid-19 cases have been found as testing has increased. Yet the number of deaths and serious cases has decreased in comparison to the increased number of infected!
- The truth of how dangerous this virus is and how it spreads is still clouded with much confusion. Please guide us as we pray (Rom. 8:26; 1 Cor. 14:15).
- We thank You for working all things for good to those who are
the called– and that means this nation and the Jewish people as well as all born-again believers (Rom. 8:28-30; Psa. 135:4; Isa. 41:8).
- Thank You Lord for guarding Your nation from the worst effects of this plague (Jer. 31:10).
- Abba, we want You – and not man – to set the guidelines for this nation (Prov. 16:1; Jer. 10:23).
- Lord, miraculously bring Israel’s leaders into one accord over a godly plan to deal with this crisis.
- Pour out Your wisdom and insight on them to create a simple, but effective, plan (Prov. 19:21).
- Surround Health Minister Edelstein with the godly advisors he needs to fight this war (Prov. 24:6).
- Clear away all the confusion that has risen in dealing with Israel’s “second wave” (Isa. 61:7).
- Aid Israel’s economic renewal in all areas (Jer. 32:41-44).
- Move on Israelis to act more responsibility towards their neighbors (Lev. 19:17-18).
- Remove the fear factor from government announcements and decrees, and let their appeal be for what is best for this nation (Psa. 110:3).
- Rein in the too often over-the-top fear-inducing media headlines and reports (Eph. 2:2).
- Budget: A budget must be hammered out soon otherwise after 100 days of a government, if there is no budget, new elections kick in automatically.
- Lord, turn Gantz’s heart to see that a short term budget is what is needed today (Prov. 21:1).
- Anoint Finance Minister Katz to know what to do and what not to do in this crisis (Luke 19:15).
- Surround each responsible leader with capable and wise advisors (Prov. 8:14; 11:14).
- Let there be a budget to meet short-term needs yet have long-term vision (Job 42:12; Isa. 46:10).
- Lord Yeshua, we give You the few loaves and fish that Israel has available and ask You to multiply it to meet all this nation’s needs (John 6:9-11).
- With all of the demands on Israel’s finances, supernaturally enable a budget to be passed that takes care of the poor and widows and the orphans (Deut. 15:7; Psa. 68:5).
- Bless all para-church organizations in Israel helping specifically with these groups (Rom. 15:25-27).
- May there be enough support financially for all the small to medium size businesses that have been hit hard by the closures due to the coronavirus (Ex. 36:5-7; 2 Chr. 31:10).
- Guide the government to pass a budget that provides for all of Israel’s security needs as well.
- Education: Israel’s schools – as with the school systems in many nations – have been turned upside down because of the corona restrictions. Yet education is a God-given way of passing on His truth and righteous morals to the next generation.
- Lord, as the system comes back, realign anything that was not in line with Your Word (Psa. 71:17).
- Build up the rebuilt system on biblical and Zionistic principals (Deut. 4:5).
- Raise up dedicated people who see teaching as their God-given assignment in this life (Rom. 12:7).
- Remind parents that the final responsibility for their children’s education rests on them (Deut. 6:4-7).
- Anoint the Israeli Body of Messiah with wisdom and grace and perseverance to raise up the next generation of Israeli believers to be lovers of God first and then be lovers of humanity (2 Pet. 1:2).
- Fulfill this promise in Israel today: “And all your children shall be taught of YHWH; and great shall be the peace of your children.” (Isa. 54:13) Amen!
- Extension of sovereignty: This is not “annexation” but biblically it is “reunification”! This is an opportunity for Israel and the Jewish people to be reunited with more of their God-promised land. With all the confusion and threats, we still perceive that God’s will is for Israel to extend its civil rule over all the area Trump offered in January in his “peace to prosperity” peace plan.
But, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to My people of Israel, for they are soon to come. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. And I will multiply men on you, all the house of Israel, even all of it, and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be built:Ezek. 36:8-10
- Lord, as You spoke several times to Joshua, so speak to Israel’s current leaders – especially Bibi – to
be strong and courageousand bring Your people in to possess the land which You swore to give to their forefathers (Deut. 31:23; Josh. 1:6, 9).
- Let Israel do this regardless of what the US administration finally decides (Psa. 118:8-9).
- May Bibi and others obey Your Word and not be swayed by the threats of man (Ezek. 36:27-28).
- Yeshua, You who are the Captain of heaven’s hosts, just as You did with Joshua, reveal Yourself to Netanyahu and give him Your strategy to implement this (Josh. 5:13-6:5).
- Impart great courage to Bibi to remind the US peace team that he agreed to Trump’s January plan and not to any of the changes they seem to have made since then (Prov. 24:21; Zech. 8:16).
- With all the conflicting reports, we ask for Your will, and not man’s, to be done (Psa. 33:10-11).
- Lord, the land You promised Abraham is a lot more than this (Gen. 15:18-21). We trust it will come under Israel’s sovereign rule and ask that it would happen sooner than most imagine (Isa. 48:3).
- God, cut off the spirit of the 10 spies which has infiltrated the Israeli government, media and people so that all they see and talk about are the giants. Let them look to You (Num. 13:30-33; 14:6-9).
- Lord we ask You to do this for You holy name’s sake.
Not unto us, O YHWH, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and Your truth’s sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens: He has done whatever He has pleased.(Psa. 115:1-3)
- Security – Internal: Hamas and the Palestinian Authority joined forces against Israel’s planned reunification – committing to use whatever force is needed to stop it. That is Hamas talk for terrorism. So PA’s “moderate” President Abbas has joined hands with terrorists, which is one more proof that Israel has no peace partner with the current Palestinian leadership today.
Though hand joins in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished…Prov. 11:21a
- Encourage Israel to expose this dark but obvious truth about the PA (John 3:20-21).
- As this unity is not true unity – use it to further confound Hamas and the PA (Psa. 40:14).
- Strip Abbas totally and finally of his false label of being a “moderate” (Psa. 55:21).
- Show the Trump administration that Israel really does not have a peace partner (Psa. 59:7).
- May this public agreement to use terrorism to prevent the Trump “peace” plan, stop the American team from pressuring Israel to do anything that endangers Israelis (Deut. 19:14; 27:17).
- Impart wisdom to all IDF leaders to know what they will need to do to defend this nation (Prov. 20:18; 24:6).
- Make the IDF’s rules of engagement be very clear and simple to all soldiers in the field (Matt. 5:37).
- Give the IDF flexible plans – to defend or attack as each situation calls for (1 Sam. 17:36; Isa. 12:2).
- May Your Spirit use believers in the IDF as vessels for His gifts to be operational (Judg. 6:34).
- Keep the IDF reservists trained and available as needed (Psa. 44:5; Zech. 10:3, 5).
- As You declared in Jeremiah 12:14-17, the only hope for individual Palestinians is salvation, so we ask You to draw multitudes of Palestinians to embrace Messiah Yeshua at this time (John 12:20-21).
- Give courage, wisdom and safety to the true Body of Messiah among the Palestinians (Rev. 2:13).
- Security – Iran: There has been a string of explosions in Iran’s military and research facilities recently. A report said Israel was behind at least one attack that severely damaged parts of the Natanz nuclear research facility in central Iran. Israel is on high alert for possible Iranian counter attacks.
- Iran’s leaders seek Israel’s destruction, but You say it will never happen (Jer. 31:35-37). Thank You!
- God, confound all their counter strikes, whether directly, via proxies or by cyber warfare (Ex. 15:3).
- Thank You that Iran’s nuclear program has been set back because of these explosions (Psa. 55:9).
- Let these incidents pressure Iran’s leaders into making major geo-political mistakes (Psa. 129:5).
- Use these explosions to shake the current Iranian leadership’s grip on power (Jer. 49:38b).
- Bring deep division and confusion in the midst of Iran’s leadership (Psa. 55:9).
- Lord, use their hate and arrogance against Israel to bring the regime to ruin (Num. 24:9a).
- Send confusion and shame on Iran and its regional proxies: Hizbullah in Lebanon; whoever they have in Syria; the Shiite militants in Iraq; Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad in Gaza (Psa. 71:13).
- Any gap in intelligence that Israel has about Iranian plans – please fill it in today (Deut. 33:29).
- Meanwhile, please create gaps in Iran’s intelligence about Israeli plans and abilities (Gen. 11:7).
- Thank You for Israel’s successful launch of another spy satellite – Ofek-16 (Psa. 33:13).
- Thank You for Israel’s success in attacking Iranian weapons shipments and weapons depots in Syria.
- Provide protection and guidance as Israel’s planes and pilots pre-empt Iranian threats (Prov. 21:31).
So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the spirit came into them, and they lived, and stood up on their feet, an exceedingly great army.Ezek. 37:10
- Bless the Iranian Church with wisdom to know how to pray for their nation (Ezek. 22:30-31).
- Lead them to pray prophetically for the leaders who will replace the current ones (Rom. 13:1-4).
- Aliyah & salvation: When “all Israel” is saved it happens in their land. This is the ultimate reason for Jewish people to come home. They are returning to meet their Redeemer – and not to be slaughtered as some Christians mistakenly think (Jer. 31:10).
- Lord God, we bless You for verses like Ezekiel 36: 24-28 which sets out this sequence of events very clearly and we praise You that this is ultimately for Your holy name’s sake (Ezek. 36:22-23).
- Thank You that the head of the Jewish Agency just said Israel could see upwards of 250,000 new immigrants over the next five years – and many will be part of the younger generation (Isa. 43:5-7).
- Inspire Israel’s leaders and its people to prepare for this influx today (Psa. 107:31-38; Isa. 57:14).
- Lord, use the current chaos in the nations – the rise of anti-Semitism, the Covid-10 pandemic and the riots and goals to overturn Western democracies – to drive Your people home (Jer. 16:16).
- Wake up liberal Western Jews who think that what happened in Europe in the 1930s cannot repeat itself now. Shake their very roots over their refusal to learn the lessons of history (Eccl. 1:9).
- Bring home many wealthy Jews to contribute to this nation’s economic recovery (Isa. 60:9).
- Bring home many poor and needy Jews, and let Israel welcome them generously (Jer. 31:8-9).
- Provide all the finances and all the papers that are needed for Jews to make aliyah (Isa. 60:8-11).
- Concerning salvation, Lord, only You know which Jews will not be alive to enter 2021. Please have mercy and reveal Your Son to them before they enter their eternal state (Isa. 42:6-7; John 6:44).
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion
For the IFI team
YAHWEH BLESS ISRAEL FOREVER.