Via Intercessors for Israel (published with permission)
Shabbat’s prophetic portion contains one of the greatest descriptions of salvation in all of God’s Word:
I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you unto Me in righteousness, in judgment , in covenant-love, and in mercies. I will even betroth You to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know YHWH. (Hos. 2:19-20; cp. Jer. 31:34) 
- Thank You Lord Yeshua for preparing us today to be Your spotless Bride (Eph. 5:27; Rev. 21:2, 9).
- We bless You for becoming our righteousness before God (Isa, 45:24; 54:17; Jer. 23:6; 2 Cor. 5:21).
- Lord Yeshua, we are so very grateful that Your death and resurrection enables God the Father to be totally just, as well as the justifier of all who trust in You (Rom. 3:26).
- Lord God Almighty, thank You for Your everlasting love to Israel and to us (Jer. 31:1; Eph. 2:4-5).
- We praise You for being ever faithful – even when we fall in our walk with You (2 Tim. 2:13).
- We see this prophecy in Hosea as pointing to the New Covenant as one of its greatest provisions of it is that because You forgive our sins, now we all can know You (Jer. 31:34; cp. Isa. 59:1-2).
- Thank You that Your Word is true, faithful and trustworthy, because it is based on who You are – that is, it is founded on Your essential nature (Psa. 56:4; 119:160; 138:2; Rev. 21:5)
- We are blessed and humbled that Your commitment to us is so deeply personal (Song 8:6-7).
- We praise You Lord for preparing a dwelling place for us, as well as interceding for us so that we might be totally and completely saved (John 14:2-3; Heb. 7:25).
- Thank You for the promised Holy Spirit, now given to us as a witness of our relationship with You, as well as sealing us in that relationship (Rom. 8:16; Eph. 1:13-14).
- It is greatly comforting and encouraging to know that since You know the future, nothing ever takes You by surprise (Isa, 42:9; Jer. 1:5).
- We bless You that Jerusalem is now united under Israel’s rule and that You are building up Zion, as all of that indicates that we are closing in on Your Son’s glorious return (Psa. 102:16; 147:2).
- Government & society:
The IDF’s Operation Shield & Arrow increased PM Bibi Netanyahu’s popularity among Israelis. While he gave all the credit to the IDF and Israel’s other security forces, he was personally greatly encouraged, which is an answer to our prayers. With a ceasefire in place, now it is back to the less exciting, but equally as important, job of running the nation’s daily affairs.
- Thank You for promoting Netanyahu into his position in Israel today (Psa. 75:5-7; Prov. 8:15-16).
- Surround him and all the other coalition ministers with godly advisors through whom You can speak, and to whom they will listen (Prov. 8:5-7; 11:14; Jer. 26:15b; Zech. 8:16).
- Help the coalition work out all their disagreements so that the budget is passed before the end of May and Israel will not need to go to new elections (Prov. 13:10; Amos 3:3).
- Oversee the distribution of the finances so that they are done in such a righteous way that Your favor rests upon the final outcome (Prov. 14:34; Matt. 25:21).
- Supply all areas of real financial need with this budget: the IDF; police; education; medical needs; aliyah and absorption; settlement in all areas of Your land; cost of housing; the ultra-Orthodox; the poor; plus every other area of governmental responsibility (Psa. 82:3; Mic. 6:8; Rom. 13:1-6).
- Concerning both the budget and the judicial reform, change Israeli politicians’ hearts if necessary, granting flexibility and the ability for godly compromise where needed, but stiffen their resolve to stand firm when doing that is in line with Your will (Prov. 21:1).
- Lord, let the judicial reforms pass, yet with all modifications that You deem necessary (Prov. 19:21).
- Overrule in the meetings about the judicial reforms that Israel’s President Herzog is holding in order to find a compromise between the coalition and the opposition (Psa. 103:19; 115:1-3).
- You who are the Judge of all the earth, please give Israel righteous judges (Gen. 18:25; Heb. 12:23).
- Abba Father, in line with the above prayer, fulfill Isaiah 1:25-26 suddenly and soon.
- Block all attempts to bring down Israel’s democratically elected government through non-democratic means while protesting that what the government wants to do is undemocratic (Job 38:11)!
- Use Israel’s Foreign Minister Eli Cohen and its UN Ambassador Gilad Erdan as voices from Zion, declaring Your truth to the world, regardless of whether they are received or not (Isa. 2:3b; Gal. 4:16).
- Let them and the rest of the coalition be very discerning in dealing with US President Biden and his administration who consistently resist Your will being done in Israel (Psa. 146:3-5; Isa. 31:1).
- Impart wisdom to Israel to know how to deal with its “best ally” when that ally often has a total change of leadership and of its relationship with Israel every four years (Hos. 10:2; Jam. 1:8).
- Use the removal of most American-stored weapons and munitions from Israel to Ukraine as a spark to ignite Israel’s Military Industries to increase their home-grown output (Isa. 54:2).
- Lord God, please continue to arrange circumstances so that Your prophetic promise that Israel will eventually be the head of the nations comes to pass as soon as possible (Deut. 28:10-13).
- Internal security:
A ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian Islamic Jihad  was set early last week after almost a week of fighting. By all accounts, this “Operation” was a big success – but until Israel sees this conflict as part of a war against it by Iran and its proxies, and then starts calling it that and not just another “operation” – the enemy will survive to fight and murder another day.
- Thank You for Your miraculous protection once again over Your nation as while the enemy fired close to 1500 missiles and rockets at Israel – only one Jewish citizen died (Psa. 121:4; Isa. 31:5).
- Yet please heal many who are now dealing with mental, emotional and physical trauma (Jer. 17:14).
- Lord, may more Israelis realize that there will be no peace with Gaza until Israel repossesses this part of the land that was specifically given to the tribe of Judah (Josh 15:1, 47; Judg. 1:18).
- Help the IDF to already be planning on how they can successfully do that (Psa. 149:2-9).
- Show Israelis that every part of Your land they have either given away or retreated from in the name of “peace” – Gaza, parts of Judea and Samaria, South Lebanon – quickly turns into launching pads for enemy attacks on Israel’s cities and civilians (Num. 33:55; Psa. 120:7).
- Lord, just as You did in the 1967 Six-Day War, arrange circumstances so that Israel must possess all of its land that You have given to them (Ex. 23:29-31; Obad. 1:17).
- When the terrorists in Gaza attack Israel again, let Your nation be so fed up that they actually wage war and defeat them (Amos. 1:7; Zeph. 2:4-7).
- Prepare Israel to deal with Hamas, the rulers in Gaza, in such a way that the Gazans are set free from their wicked overlords who are getting very rich while the common people starve (Jam. 5:1-6).
- Use the post-operation chaos within PIJ to cause division and paranoia in its midst (Psa. 55:9).
- Thank You for the incredible accuracy of intelligence that helped Israel to plan its strategy during this last operation (Job 12:22).
- Protect all those who gather information from deception and danger (Gen. 12:3a).
- Reveal all hidden intelligence concerning all demonic plans of the various terrorists in Judea and Samaria under the Palestinian Authority  (Obad. 1:6).
- Clog up all the supply lines that provide monies and weapons for terrorist groups (Ezek. 4:2-3).
- As PA President Abbas once again cursed Israel at the UN, hold him accountable before You in line with Your word concerning all who curse Your people (Genesis 12:3a; 27:29b; Num. 22:12; 24:9b).
- Prepare Your nation for the day after Abbas goes to his eternal destiny and it sees chaos breaking out among the remaining Palestinian terrorist leaders (Prov. 26:17).
- Anoint the Palestinian Church in Judea, Samaria and Gaza to provoke many Arabs, and even Jews, to jealousy with their love and commitment to Israel’s King Messiah (Rom. 11:11; 12:18-21).
- Increase the number of Israelis and communities in Judea and Samaria (Isa. 49:19-20; 54:2-3).
-  Lord, please aid Israel to put the finishing touches on the Iron Beam and to bring it online as soon as possible (Prov. 8:12).
- External security:
There is no question that Iran was behind the recent conflict as PIJ is its main proxy in Gaza. Yet a recent report details how Iran’s economy is totally falling apart – and this could be the way in which God
destroys the king and the princesof Iran (Jer. 49:38b).
- We glorify You for this report as it is at least a partial answer to our prayers (Psa. 50:15), and we ask that You would not stop until the Iranian regime’s money train is completely derailed.
- As China is backing out from some of its financial promises to Iran, Lord use this to cause Russia to also think twice about trusting in Iran as an ally (Prov. 11:21; 16:5).
- Despite the renewal of relations between some Arab nations and Iran, increase the ancient hatred between Sunni and Shi’ite Islam (Psa. 129:5).
- Reveal to Iranian citizens how much wealth their “spiritual” leaders have accumulated while they are struggling to eat – and use this to reinforce their anti-regime demonstrations (Prov. 28:15).
- As most Iranians do not hate Israel, Lord God please use the growing Iranian Body of Messiah to be a major blessing in providing for the basic needs of common Iranians (Prov. 22:9; Acts 20:35).
- Shake every other part of Iranian society, and release Your fear to fall on the people in such a way that many Iranians reject Islam and embrace You Son (Job 4:14; 38:13; Psa. 18:7).
- Guard Israel against looking to any other nation for its defense (2 Kin. 18:21; Psa. 118:8-9).
- Continue to give Israel freedom to successfully attack Iranian activities in Syria (Psa. 44:4-5).
This is the only time in all of God’s Word that He states He is doing it with all of His heart and soul (Jer. 32:41). So as we persist in asking Him about the aliyah, we can do so in great confidence as we know that we are praying 100% in line with His will (1 John 5:14-15).
- Stir up the Jews in the West to come now while they can bring their wealth with them (Isa. 60:9).
- Forbid that all the negative press about Israel put out by a biased media would deter Your people from returning home (Num. 13:32; 14:6-9).
- In fact, help them, especially Jews living in the West, to perceive that Israel is a much safer place for them and their children at this time in history (Psa. 121:4; Jer. 31:10).
- Provide all finances that are needed to settle and establish the new olim  (Hos. 14:5-7).
- Like You did with the loaves and fish, enlarge the finances committed to help the new olim so that there is more than enough (Matt. 14:20-21; 15:37-38).
- Aid Israel’s Interior Minister to streamline the process for Jews to get their citizenship (Isa. 62:10).
- Place Your burden on the gentile members of the Body of Messiah to support the aliyah in prayer, financially, and any other way in which You guide them (Psa. 32:8; Isa. 49:22; 60:10).
- Lord Yeshua, reveal Yourself in dreams and visions to Your people at this season (Joel 2:28).
- Release Your Spirit upon Your people making them hunger and thirst for Your righteousness, and not the righteousness of their mostly man-made traditions (Matt. 5:6; Rom. 10:1-3).
- As You did during the Reformation in the 16th century, create in Jewish hearts a desire to read Your Word and not just listen to the voice of their religious leaders (Psa. 119:99-100; Jer. 8:9; 15:16).
- Even if many Jews only read the Torah and the Psalms, reveal to them the many prophecies of Your Son in them (Gen. 49:8-11; Num. 24:17-19; Deut. 18:15-19; Psa. 2:12; 22:1-31; 24:7-10; etc.).
- Lord, as You said Your Word will not return to You empty, but would accomplish all that You send it out to do, please fulfill this truth as Your unsaved people read Your Word (Isa. 55:11; Jer. 1:12).
- Anoint all believers to be able to plant seeds and pluck out weeds from the minds and hearts of unsaved Jews (1 Cor. 3:6-7).
- Speak to all secret Jewish believers whom You have not told to remain quiet, especially those in Israel, that it is time to come out of their closets and proclaim that You Yeshua are Israel’s Messiah, Lord and King (Matt. 10:33; 27:37).
- The Body of Messiah:
There is a call for Christians to fast and pray for Israel at this time leading up to Shavuot – Pentecost. Let’s pray for those involved that they would intercede in line with God’s will for Israel today.
- Thank You for the multitudes who are praying and fasting for Your nation right now (Luke 18:1).
- Be very clear with them on how to pray and how not to pray about Israel – as so often when You deal with Israel, Your ways and thoughts are not what we would perceive as best (Isa. 55:8-9).
- Speak to many believers to intercede for an increase of aliyah from their nations (Psa. 32:8).
- Thank You that we can have confidence that whatever we pray in line with Your will, You will hear and fulfill – in Your way and in Your timing (1 John 5:14-15).
- Use this call to prayer to recruit many more to intercede for Israel more consistently (Isa. 62:6-7).
- Also, Lord, use this call to pray for Israel to cause many believers to question why the elders in their congregations hardly ever preach on – or pray about – Israel and Your people (Rom. 9:1-5).
- Reveal to many more believers that Israel’s restoration is for Your name’s sake (Ezek. 36:21-32).
We thank each one of you who, like Aaron and Hur, lifts up our arms in the midst of the battles raging in and around Israel (Ex. 17:11-12). While we often do get weary, yet we continue to stand because of your precious intercession for us. We bless you for that and for all the other ways that you support and encourage this ministry.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Jerusalem
Chuck Cohen, for the IFI team