Compiled by Christine Darg, Jerusalem Channel
“You must differentiate between what is sacred and profane. . . .” (Leviticus 10: 10)
On the Hebrew calendar, we have entered the month of Ellul, an important time of repentance and introspection leading to the Days of Awe, the Jewish New Year (Feast of Trumpets), Yom Kippur and the Feast of Tabernacles.
But we’re also living in an age of deception: a new interfaith gathering of Christians, Jews and Muslims has begun in Jerusalem during this important period of spiritual introspection on God’s calendar.
According to a press release, “Amen-A House of Prayer For All Believers,” is part of the 2016 Mekudeshet Festival that will carry on through September 23. It is an initiative created by the Jerusalem Season of Culture, an annual festival. Their hope is to bring together the world’s three major faiths “who share a belief in one God and a boundless love for Jerusalem to dialogue, study, sing and pray together in one temporary house of worship.”
Sounds positive and peaceful, but in reality this initiative has the marks of deception and of a one-world religion. The Hebrew name Mekudeshet means sacred, but is this initiative?
“You are to differentiate between what is sacred and common and between what is unclean and clean.” (Leviticus 10: 10)
Artists, actors, musicians and media figures from around the world are participating.
So much is happening in Jerusalem all the time in the forms of “festivals.” It is a full-time job as watchmen on the walls to filter through and discern information. But this latest initiative is easy to discern as a symptom of the end-time scenario of a false peace through religion.
For a Biblical perspective on this event, it’s vital to share important excerpts from the weekly prayer email of Jerusalem believers, Martin and Norma Sarvis. They say:
THE “HOLINESS” OF MEKUDESHET IS NOT THAT WHICH GOD HAS APPOINTED FOR HIS HOLY CITY, NOR ANY “NEW REALITY” WHICH DOES NOT COME THROUGH HIS SON.
Mekodeshet means holy, hallowed, sanctified. . . .
Martin and Norma Sarvis wrote, “What seems plain to us is that this year it is taking a more pronounced ‘religious’ slant—a slant going far beyond the stated attempts to promote tolerance and unity between the three so-called ‘Abrahamic’ religions.”
For the first time, this year the festival is hosting what is being called “Amen—A House of Prayer for All Believers.” The house will host series of discussions, with options to pray three different times per day in Arabic, Hebrew and Coptic.
“It is nothing short of a miracle that between four walls, we will inaugurate a temporary home for the three religions [i.e. Jewish, Christian, Islam] that share Jerusalem and for those who wish to dwell under the wings of the Almighty” (“A House for All Believers” to Open in Jerusalem”: Breaking Israel News, 14 August 2016.).
Martin and Norma Sarvis added, “We find it interesting that the new event, the ‘AMEN House of Prayer for All Believers’ is taking place in the Alpert Youth Music Center located on the floor of the Ben Hinnom valley. This is the same building in which young Arab and Jewish believers in Yasua/Yeshua recorded a wonderful CD earlier this year, a testimony of praise in both Hebrew and Arabic! The valley within which it stands used to be cursed, but Jeremiah 31:40 promises it will one day be Kodesh L’YHVH—’Holy to the LORD.’ We believe that this prophecy is already awakening!! (For one thing, for over ten years there has been continual worship and praise going on in a House of Prayer over the valley.)”
In Isaiah 56:7, referring to the near-by Temple Mount, the LORD said, “My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples”—a promise reiterated with zeal by Yeshua in Mark 11:17. But it was not to be a house of prayer for all believers –in whatever style or god ,they wished to believe. It was this same Yeshua who said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6).
* That Israelis, Muslims and Christians will not be led astray by Mekudeshet into a false “holiness”—into religious confusion—into a false “good news” which compromises the Truth.
* Over Jerusalem (From last week’s Haftarah), that “No weapon formed against you shall prosper!” (Isaiah 54:17)…that no sorcery or witchcraft guising as truth will be able to prosper and take hold of Jacob through this festival (Numbers 23:23).
* That those truly seeking light, will be granted grace to lead them to the Light of the World, but that false religious lights would be exposed.
* That angels would guard the Holiness which God is establishing in the Ben Hinnom Valley—that attempts by the enemy there to raise up a counterfeit house of prayer for all religions would not prosper!
* For spiritual discernment, love, and the power of the spirit on all who God has called to stand on the walls of Jerusalem—both those in the House of Prayer presently established above the Hinnom Valley, and those standing with us throughout the world!