- Praise – We begin our prayer time reading Psalm 68:1-5.
Let God rise up, let his enemies be scattered.Psalm 68:1
- God knows those who take refuge and trust in Him. (Psalm 46:1)
- You are worthy.
- We rejoice that You have everything in Your hand.
- How reassuring to know that You are a strong tower. (Psalm 62:3) (Proverbs 18:10)
- We praise You, the beginning and the end, the One Who never changes. (Revelation 22:13)(Hebrews 13:8)
I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you, and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised. His greatness is unsearchable.Psalm 145:1-3
- Coalition formation – Since the elections in April, Benjamin Netanyahu has been working to form a coalition government. He has been faced with varying demands by smaller parties vying for position and power within the coalition. Many of these demands are in direct opposition from those of other groups and no one seems prepared to compromise. In the face of this situation, Netanyahu has not been able to move forward in the formation of a government. He has been granted a 2 week extension to continue negotiations. If he is not able to form a government, first opportunity will go to the opposition. If no one is successful, we would be faced with going to new elections.
- We declare that the government is on your shoulders. (Isaiah 9:6)
- Abba, we beseech You, in mercy, to give us a viable, healthy, responsible government that will last. We need a net holding us that will not break. (John 21:11)
- In faith, we believe that the election results were of you. Our prayer now is that we will be blessed with a working government.
- May Netanyahu be blessed with the wisdom of Solomon in these negotiations. Please bring a quick resolution. (1 Kings 4:29-30)
- Turn the hearts of the various members of negotiating parties to put the wellbeing of this nation before their personal agendas. (Proverbs 21:1)
- Lord of Israel, unless You build this house, all effort will be in vain.
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.Psalm 127:1
- Protect Netanyahu from any manipulation or other pressures as he negotiates. May he acknowledge You in all his ways. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- You have said that You resist the proud. We bring to You those who are working only out of arrogance and cynicism. (1 Peter 5:5)
- If it is Your will at this time to change the composition of the coalition that has been familiar to us over the last few years, impart Your wisdom to Netanyahu so that he can move at Your direction.
- We ask that there will be a spirit of cooperation among the government members rather that opposition for the sake of opposition (Psalm 110:3)
- Aliyah – We have been praying for a good government. We will need this more and more in the near future. The number of reported anti-Semitic events increases daily. Our prayer is for the Jews of the Diaspora to return home. The Lord has promised to meet His people here and save them. (Deuteronomy 33:29) (Zechariah 8:13)
- Lord Yeshua, awaken Your people as has not happened in decades. Your promise is to bring Your people home. (Amos 9:13-15)
And afterward I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain and every hill, and out of the clefts of the rocks.Jeremiah 16:16
- You are the One Who sends the hunters. May the Jews worldwide hear Your voice in the circumstances around them.
- Change the hearts of the Jewish Agency and the Ministry of the Interior that they will have no favorites. May all be equally welcome. (Isaiah 43:5-7)
- Abba, we ask You to remove the obstacles to making aliyah. Prepare the ground for the coming wave of new immigrants with jobs, affordable housing, and language assistance.
Thus says the Lord: I am going to restore the fortunes of the tents of Jacob, and have compassion on his dwellings. The city shall be rebuilt upon its mound, and the citadel set on its rightful site.Jeremiah 30:18
- Security in Gaza – As we have been experiencing for the last year, there will again be demonstrations at the Gaza border fence. In addition to the usual rhetoric that fuels these demonstrations, we are now in the middle of the month of Ramadan, when those who are fasting and praying are opening themselves up spiritually. The weather has turned very hot, and the fast includes abstaining from both food and water from first light until full dark.
- Father, we would ask that as our Muslim neighbors open themselves spiritually in fasting, that You will surprise them by revealing Yourself to them and that You will find a great harvest at this time. (Luke 10:2)
- Expose the lies that these demonstrators believe of rewards in Paradise for themselves and their families.
- Oh God of all Comfort, protect and bless the residents of the Gaza border communities in Israel. Give them strength and increase their faith in You. Bless the children with healing and deliverance. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- Security regarding Iran – Over the last week, the U.S. has been sending aircraft carriers and bombers with nuclear capabilities toward the Persian Gulf. Iranian proxies have attacked 4 ships outside of the Gulf. Both sides say that they do not want war, but in a volatile situation like this, one mistake could cause a major explosion of violence. If a war should begin, Israel will be involved, either through Iranian proxies or directly with Iran.
- Abba, we want that only Your will should reign in this very complicated situation. May nothing happen one second before Your perfect time, and may nothing be delayed beyond Your times. (Psalm 31:15)
- Donald Trump has frequently had a very clear understanding of the realities of the Middle East and Israel. In this situation, may he be blessed with clarity of vision and a willingness to act in accordance with Your will and plans. (1 Kings 3:9)
- If this would be Your time for the destruction the Iranian nuclear project, we ask that it would be completely disabled. (Psalm 74:22)
I am going to break the bow of Elam, the mainstay of their might. And I will set my throne in Elam, and destroy their king and officials, says the Lord.Jeremiah 49:35,38
- Abba, we often remind You of this prophecy. If this is Your time to fulfill this promise, raise up the leaders that You desire.
- Thank You for what You are doing in the body of Christ in Iran. Lay upon them a spirit of intercession for their nation and their government.
- We pray for effective and useable intelligence so that we will be one step ahead of events. (Deuteronomy 28:13)
- We lift up to You our prime minister and defense minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, our Chief of Staff, Aviv Kochavi, the head of the Mossed and the head of our intelligence services, asking You for a spirit of unity of purpose and cooperation between them. May we be prepared for any action by Iran or her proxies. (1 Chronicles 12:32)
- We thank You that You hold Israel as the apple of Your eye.
For thus said the Lord of hosts (after his glory sent me) regarding the nations that plundered you: Truly, one who touches you touches the apple of my eye.Zechariah 2:8
- Security – Jerusalem – As we have already mentioned, Ramadan is a time of heightened spirituality. This leads to an increased possibility of confrontation. Today we would like to focus on Friday prayers on the Temple mount. This area is always a sensitive one, but during the month of Ramadan there is an increase of tension.
- During prayers on the Temple Mount, may Your Spirit fall on the worshippers, giving visions, and leading to revival. May their intensity of devotion turn them to the Living God.
- Lord of Hosts, we desire angelic protection for our soldiers and police in the Old City of Jerusalem today. Help them to be alert and see what they need to see. (Psalm 34: 7) (Psalm 91:11)
- Direct our security forces. Give them wisdom and patience.
- Hold back violence in the spirit world and ordain peace.
I have said this to you, so that in me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!John 16:33
- Yeshua, our great Shepherd, guard our soldiers on their way home for the weekend. Be present and protect on all of our public transit.
- Chuck is in the U.K.
- Abba, protect him in transit, in his health, and in his family.
- May he serve You in spirit and in truth and speak forth Your word in love.
- Bring about Your divine appointments and bring to the meetings those that You have prepared. Anoint their ears to hear as You anoint Chuck to speak Your words.
Shabbat Shalom to all from the IFI team.
Blessings from Zion.