- Praise: The prophetic portion for this Shabbat is Isaiah 66.
Thus says YHWH, Heaven is My throne, and earth My footstool. Where, then, is the house that you build for Me, and where is the place of My rest? For all those My hand has made, and all those exist, says YHWH. But to this one I will look, to the afflicted and contrite spirit, and the one who trembles at My Word.Isa. 66:1-2
Who has heard a thing like this? Who has seen things like these? Will the earth be brought forth in one day? Or will a nation be born at once? For Zion travailed and also brought forth her sons.Isa. 66:8
- Thank You for the privilege of seeing Isaiah 66:8 fulfilled by Israel’s modern rebirth!
Behold He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. (Psa. 121:4) Amen!
- What a joy to see You fulfilling Your word openly – in our day (Jer. 1:12).
- Lord, thank You for choosing Israel and for choosing us (Deut. 7:7-8; Eph. 3:3-6).
- Hallelujah! We serve a God who delights in both hearing and answering our prayers that are in line with His will (Prov. 15:8b; 1 John 5:14-15).
- We bless You for all of the rain that has fallen and is falling on this land today (Psa. 68:9).
And I heard as the sound of a great multitude, and as the sound of many waters, and as the sound of strong thunders, saying, Hallelujah, for the Lord God omnipotent reigns!Rev. 19:6
- Operation Northern Shield: This past week, the IDF has exposed tunnels Hizbullah has been digging into Israel along its Lebanese border. This operation which has been going on for years is what PM Bibi Netanyahu was hinting at when opting for a cease-fire with Hamas in Gaza. So far Hizbullah has been very quiet and Israel has gotten support from many nations. Yet this could blow up into a major war with Hizbullah/Lebanon and Iran at the slightest error in judgment.
- Thank You for protecting Israel’s current borders and for answering prayer (Psa. 121:4).
- Abba, thank You for exposing what was planned to bring death to Your people (Psa. 139:22).
He pours scorn on princes, and unties the belt of the mighty. He discovers deep things out of darkness, and brings the shadow of death to light.Job 12:21-22
- Continue to aid the IDF to pre-empt all the plans of darkness against Your people (Deut. 4:23-25).
- May Your blessing rest on the IDF as they search for and find all these terror-tunnels.
- Enable the IDF to know how to destroy these uncovered tunnels (Prov. 8:14).
- Send anger and confusion into Hizbullah’s leadership – today (Psa. 129:5).
- Send a spirit of paranoia upon them so that they end up not being able to trust each other (Psa. 41:9).
- For every Hizbullah member, we pray,
Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek Your name, O YHWH. Let them be ashamed and troubled forever; yes, let them be put to shame, and lost; so that men may know that You, whose name is YHWH, are the Most High over all the earth. (Psa. 83:16-18)
- Give the soldiers patience and courage as they search and guard in this cold, wet weather (Psa. 144:1).
- Continue to prevent all successful kidnapping attempts (Jer. 31:10).
- UNIFIL, the UN unit assigned to guard UN resolution 1701 which ended the Second Lebanon War is responsible to destroy the tunnels on the Lebanese side. Lord, pressure them to actually do that.
- Lead Israel as to what to do if – as is likely – UNIFIL does not fulfill its obligations (Prov. 30-31).
- Casus belli: The exposure of these tunnels inside of sovereign Israeli territory is a valid reason for Israel to attack all of Hizbullah’s facilities, especially its extensive rocket and missile caches. These tunnels should been seen in the world as an act of war by Hizbullah against Israel.
- Give Your strategy and tactics to deal with Hizbullah’s massive rocket and missile supply (Josh. 6:2-5).
- Lead Israel to know whether to go to war with Lebanon/Hizbullah now or to wait (Psa. 44:4-5).
- If there is to be a war, may it be in Your timing and with Your end-goal as Israel’s goal (Deut. 20:12).
- Make Prime Minister and Defense Minister Netanyahu, the current IDF Chief of Staff Eisenkot, and the soon to be Chief of Staff Kochaviv in one accord as to what the next steps need to be (Eccl. 3:8).
- Give them the courage to act on what they deem is needed (Josh. 1:9).
- Bring in all the intelligence that is needed for Israel to plan the next step (Josh. 2:23-24).
- When planning the next several moves, lead the IDF to think out of the box (2 Sam. 5:22-25).
- May the element of surprise be huge in their tactical planning.
- Place the idea of pre-emption on the top of the list (Prov. 21:31).
- If it is to be done in this way, aid Israel to do a complete job at just the right time.
- Raise up the Lebanese army against Hizbullah which is leading their nation to destruction (Jer. 50:22).
- Thank You for the report that Hizbullah’s guided missiles are less than what was thought because of Israeli efforts against them in Syria and other places.
Arise, O YHWH; let not man be strong. Let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O YHWH, let the nations know they are but men. Selah.Psa. 9:19-20
- Gaza: We expect another Hamas inspired demon-stration on Israel’s border with Gaza today.
- Abba, rain on their “parade” today and muddy the ground under their feet (Judg. 5:20-21).
- Thank You for the angelic protection that is over Israel (Psa. 35:4-6).
- May the IDF and Your heavenly host work together to defeat the forces of evil (Josh. 10:8-11).
- Pour out a spirit of discouragement on Hamas and all Gazans so that they cry out to You (Psa. 83:16).
- Let the people in Gaza demand an account of all monies that the Hamas leaders have stolen from them.
- Abba, the solution to the Gaza threat is for Israel to possess its possessions (Oba. 1:17). Set the stage for Israel to reconquer and stay in all of Gaza (Josh. 15:1, 47; Judg. 1:18).
- Continue to confound Hamas as to what the IDF was doing deep in Gaza (Psa. 35:26).
- Protect all of Israel’s collaborators and spies in Gaza (Josh. 2:14).
- Encourage the Israeli communities in that area to feel a bit less betrayed now that they understand the situation with Hizbullah.
- Yet let the government do its job and provide security for these Israelis as well (Rom. 13:3-4).
- Concerning the Body of Messiah in Gaza, protect it, encourage it and help it to grow (Matt. 16:18).
- Muslims: Yeshua told us to pray for those who despite us and use us, and bless those who curse us (Matt. 5:44). So we next prayed for the salvation of the people trapped under the spirit of Islam.
- Lord, thank You for the reports of the many Muslims who are coming to You in these days.
- Use ex-Muslim believers to be salt and light in their families, communities and nations (Matt. 5:13-16).
- Bless the church in Iran and continue to help it to grow numerically and spiritually (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- Lord Yeshua, equip all true believers in Lebanon to provoke other Lebanese to jealousy (Rom. 11:14).
- Speak to ex-Muslim believers living outside of their birth nations if now is the time for them to return with the good news of Israel’s King Messiah (Psa. 102:15-16).
- Set free all ex-Muslim believers from all spirits of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism (Zech. 8:23).
- Save many from the traditional Christian groups that live under Islam.
- As per Isaiah 19:24-25, save many Egyptians and Kurds.
- Salvation for the Jewish people: Since all Israel will be saved (Rom. 11:26), we prayed for God to save many during the remaining days of Chanukah.
- We bless You for all the new believers who have entered Messiah’s Kingdom since last Chanukah.
- Help them to be rooted in You so that they can bear fruit for Your glory (Isa. 27:6; Ezek. 36:23)
- Pour out Your Spirit on Israel, as You brought us back to the land to meet with You (Ezek. 37:21-28).
- Lord Yeshua, during Chanukah, You declared,
My sheep hear My voice (John 10:27). Open ears and hearts of many in the house of Israel to hear You at this season (Mark 4:20; Rev. 2:7).
- Save many of the Jews who are still living in a Muslim nation – especially those in Iran.
- Use the Messianic believers in the IDF to provoke many of their friends to jealousy with their love for You – the King of Israel and the Lord of heavens armies (Josh 5:13-15; Psa. 44:4; Rev. 19:16).
- Move among the religious in this land to turn from man’s teachings – the Talmud – and to embrace the pure milk of the Word of God (Jer. 15:16; 1 Pet. 2:2).
- We bless You that in the Old Testament is everything which is needed for salvation in Messiah Yeshua.
But continue in the things that you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from a child you have known the Holy Scriptures , which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith in Messiah Yeshua. (2 Tim. 3:14-15)
- Israel’s government: It needs to pass the Haredi/ultra-Orthodox IDF draft bill by mid-January or it will fall and Israel will go to early elections. Also, PM Netanyahu needs to appoint a new foreign minister as Bibi is now the prime, defense, and foreign minister and has several other portfolios as well.
- Abba, we would prefer to see this law finally passed (Eccl. 8:2).
- Yet we are open to hear Your will for Israel’s current government. Show us how to pray (Prov. 19:21).
- Anoint Netanyahu to delegate many of these portfolios to men and women who are Your choice to carry this burden at this time (Ex. 18:21-22).
- Should Bibi give up the foreign or the defense ministry? Show him clearly.
- Allow the citizens of Israel to obtain wisdom and to see who in the political arena stands for Israel’s future and who is only in it for their own future (Eccl. 8:5b).
- Please deal with Yair Lapid of the opposition. Either turn him around and make him a blessing to Your will for this nation, or drag him out of the Knesset (Dan. 2:21).
- The world: It feels like there is a huge shaking going on just about in every nation on earth. Is this of God (Psa. 103:19) or is this the devil who knows his time is short (Rev. 12:12)? Actually, that is a trick question, because our God reigns and if He has released the Adversary at this time, it is in line with His will and purposes, as Revelation 17:17 clearly shows. Yet how do we pray?
Know this also, that in the last days ferocious times will be at hand.2 Tim. 3:1
- Give us at Intercessors for Israel wisdom on how to pray, or even if this is something that we should carry as a burden before You (1 Pet. 4:7 or Jer. 7:16).
- Allow us to have prophetic insight concerning Your timing and Your purposes (Amos 3:7).
- Wake up the Body throughout the world to watch and pray into these shakings (Mark 12:30-37).
- Forbid that the cares of this world would rob us from the clarity that the Word of God brings (Mark 4:18-19).
But of the times and the seasons…you have no need that I write to you, for you know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night. For when they shall say, ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape. But you…are not in darkness, that the Day should overtake you like a thief. You are all the sons of light and the sons of the day. We are not of the night, or of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be sober-minded.1 Thess. 5:1-6
- Aliyah: With this crazy world situation and with anti-Semitism hitting new heights, or deeps as the case may be, this is a great time for the Jews in exile to come home to Israel.
- We do thank You for the recent steady influx of Jews from exile to Israel.
- Now we ask for more, Lord. Make this next year a record year for aliyah.
- May Your people listen to Zechariah 2:6-7 during this season:
Flee from the land of the north, says YHWH. For I have scattered you as the four winds of the heavens…O Zion, escape, you who live with the daughter of Babylon.
- We ask this for Your glory, for Your holy name’s sake (Ezek. 36:23-24).
- Specifically, open wide the gates for the Ethiopians; Jews in Venezuela and other South American nations; the remaining Jews in the former Soviet Union; American and Canadian Jews (Isa. 43:5-7).
- Lord, for the Jews in Europe and the UK, what more needs to happen for them to come home? With as much mercy as possible, bring them (Jer. 16:16).
- Wake up the Church to its responsibility to help carry Your people back home (Isa. 49:22; Rom. 15:27).
We finished by thanking God for the recent rains and by asking for more.
May the Lord shine His light brightly on you and your families at this time of the year.
Blessings from Zion
The IFI team