When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us, and we are glad. Bring back our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the South. Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, bearing seed for sowing, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.Psalm 126
- Lord, You are able to release captives!
- Thank You that You have brought and have been bringing us home.
- You turn our mourning into joy.
- Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
- All the nations are as a drop in a bucket to You. You are greater and higher than them all!
Behold, the nations are as a drop in a bucket, and are counted as the small dust on the scales. Look, He lifts up the isles as a very little thing.Isaiah 40:15
- Thank You for the blood of Yeshua which enables us to stand in the gap.
- Nothing is hidden from You.
Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?Job 24:1
- Your mercies are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- Bless the Lord, o my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name! (Psalm 103:1)
- Jerusalem Municipal Elections – ultra-Orthodox parties won half the seats on the city council while a second round ballot will be held on 13th November between the two leading candidates () in the election for the new mayor.
- Please Lord give us a mayor who recognizes in some way that Jerusalem is the City of the Great King. (Isaiah 1:26)
- Guard the residents of Jerusalem against ‘election fatigue’ so there may be a better turn-out in the second round ballot.
- Let the voters listen to You more than to the media.
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when a wicked man rules, the people groan.Proverbs 29:2
- Please Lord, bring the righteous into authority in Your city.
- US Elections – mid-term elections are held on Tuesday 6th November. As Intercessors for Israel we pray into the impact of the elections on Israel.
- Have Your way, O Lord, with the American electorate so that the elections produce the Congress You want for this time. (Matthew 6:10)
- Lord, we would ask that pro-Israel Congressmen and women might be elected on Tuesday, who would support the Trump Administration’s pro-Israel stand.
- However, we recognize that anti-Israel policies could prompt American Jews to make Aliyah. So Your will be done!
- Give a burden and anointing to the believers across America to pray regarding how they should vote and for Your will to be done through the elections. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Brazil –Jair Bolsonaro won the recent presidential election in Brazil. He is an evangelical Christian who has promised to move his country’s embassy to Jerusalem and to make Israel one of his first overseas visits as president.
- Thank You for the election of this pro-Israel new President.
- May he be faithful to his word and move the Brazilian Embassy to Jerusalem.
- As a believer may he keep his eyes on You as he takes up the role of President. (1 Samuel 12:24)
- Give Mr Bolsonaro healing from the injuries he received in an attack during his election campaign. Protect him and his family from all who seek his harm.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield. The Lord will give grace and glory. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.Psalm 84:11
- Bless Brazil through Jair Bolsonaro’s presidency.
- Gaza – The so-called ‘Great March of Return’ has now been going on at the Gaza border for seven months. There are still no obvious signs of it ending. Israel clearly is doing everything to avoid a ground war. Mediation efforts continue through Egypt and the UN. Meanwhile the people on both sides of the border are suffering.
- Bring comfort to the people in the Israeli communities along the border and give them grace to cry out to You.
- Bless the children on both sides who are traumatized and suffering as a result of this conflict. (Matthew 19:14)
- May the people of Gaza see the futility of their rioting.
- Dry up all the sources of Hamas’ support.
- Turn Hamas’ leaders to Your truth. Raise up leaders with a heart to serve the Palestinian people.
As I live,’ says the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.Ezekiel 33:11
- Give Israel the know-how and resources to find a solution to the incendiary balloons.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper.Isaiah 54:17
- Thank You for turning our enemies against one another. Please continue to stir up enmity between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority and between Hamas and Islamic Jihad in order to protect Israel.
- Lord give great wisdom to Israel’s leaders so they know what to do with regard to Gaza and Hamas.
- The North – The existential danger for Israel continues to be from the North. Hezbollah is Iran’s proxy and Iran have been upgrading Hezbollah’s rockets so that they are now much more accurate and a much greater threat to Israel. On the Golan Heights Hezbollah have been infiltrating Druze villages in Syria with a view to undermining Israel’s security through family members of the Druze who live on Israel’s side of the border.
- Protect Israel’s spies and informers in Syria and Lebanon especially so they can continue to convey to Israel’s security services accurate information on everything Hezbollah is doing.
- May Syria’s Druze community resist Hezbollah’s infiltration and not accept weaponry located in and close to their homes.
- Give Israel wisdom how to handle the Israeli Druze in the Golan Heights. (James 1:5)
- Show Israel how to deal with Hezbollah’s stockpiles of rockets, many of which are located in residential areas.
- Raise up adversaries to Hezbollah within Lebanon and Syria.
- Russia – the promised meeting between Netanyahu and Putin has not yet occurred, suggesting possible tensions between them and perhaps an internal conflict between Putin and others in the foreign and military hierarchy of Russia.
- Give Israel’s leaders, particularly Bibi Netanyahu, discernment for how they should deal with Russia. Especially show them if Putin can no longer be treated as a friend and ally. (Proverbs 16:23)
- Iran – Iran has apparently recently experienced a serious computer virus attacking military and security structures. Israel is not saying anything.
- Lord thank You that Iran is having trouble developing its wicked plans against Israel. (Proverbs 21:30)
- Show Israel what to do in response to the continual threat of Iran, including its nuclear program.
We have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.2 Chronicles 20:12
O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption.Psalm 130:7
- China – We continue to pray about the relationship between Israel and China, especially in the light of China’s increasing influence in large commercial infrastructure projects – like Haifa Port .
- Separate Israel from domination by China.
- Reveal any motive of greed which has blinded Israel’s leaders and led them into foolish decisions.
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.Matthew 6:24
- This is Your land. You love it. Please bless it and water it!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) Lord, for us to have a future and a hope here, the land needs to be alive!
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! (Matthew 7:11) Lord, we ask You to water Your land!
- Make the parched ground into a pool! (Isaiah 35:7)
- IFI – Chuck is back in Israel this weekend after a month in the USA. Meanwhile, we are getting prepared for the prayer conference in January.
- Lord, give Chuck deep refreshment after his exhausting ministry trip.
- Please bring everyone to the prayer conference whom You are calling to be there.
- Oversee and anoint all the preparations for the conference.
- Thank You for 35 years of international prayer conferences in Jerusalem. We ask that You would continue to be glorified as we gather to pray together in the City of the Great King.
Shabbat Shalom from the IFI team!