Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.Psalm 100
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.Psalm 113:3
- Give thanks with a grateful heart to the holy One.
- Thank You, Lord for Your Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13)
- Thank You for our forgiveness through the cross. (Colossians 1:13-14)
- In Your light we see light. (Psalm 36:9)
- Thank You for granting us the privilege of praying from the City of the Great King, and You hear us when we come to You. (Psalm 48:1)
- Thank You for Your grace.
- Lord, You are sitting on Your throne and nothing takes You by surprise.
- Your truth is never shaken.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah 40:8)
- Thank You for voices to praise You and worship You.
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.1 Corinthians 15:57
This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.Psalm 118:24
- Leadership – With elections coming up in Israel, we were encouraged to pray in general for godly leadership. Good leadership affects nations and people. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Lord, please raise up good leaders in Israel who will protect Your people, be an example in the world and give glory to Your name. (1 Timothy 2:3)
- We do not deserve good leaders but please do this because of Your great mercy.
- Thank You for Binyamin Netanyahu. We know he isn’t perfect but appreciate the anointing You have given him. May he complete the days You have assigned to him as Prime Minister and may he finish well.
- Raise up the next generation of leaders in Israel.
- Give Netanyahu an anointing not to fear but to actively mentor younger leaders.
And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.Jeremiah 3:15
- Give us leaders who love Your word.
- Please root out unrighteousness from this nation, and lift Israel to her place among the nations.
Mercy and truth have met together; righteousness and peace have kissed.Psalm 85:10
I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city.Isaiah 1:26
- Elections – Municipal elections will be held on October 30th throughout Israel. In Jerusalem we will elect a new mayor. There is also a strong possibility that we will quickly move towards national elections early in 2019.
- In all these elections let there be a very good turnout and show the voters whom to vote for. Especially give wisdom and discernment to the believers to know how to pray and how to vote. (Psalm 119:169)
- Give Jerusalem the mayor of Your choice. Out of all the noise of the election process, bring forth Your man anointed to serve and to unite Your city. (Psalm 102:13)
- Give us clean, fair elections, free of manipulation.
- We ask for a man who will recognize that Jerusalem is the city of the great king and who will take Jerusalem in Your direction.
- Thank You for outgoing Jerusalem mayor, Nir Barkat, and for the good job he has done.
- Let a council be elected which the mayor can work with.
- Lord, we ask that the national elections would be held on the day You have determined in Your perfect timing.
- Let the outcome of the national election be according to Your choice – the Prime Minister of Your appointing, the parties in the balance You want, the government of Your making.
Listen to counsel and accept discipline, that you may be wise the rest of your days.Proverbs 19:20
- Raise up new faces to bring freshness to the political process and vision to government.
- Netanyahu and Putin – the Israeli Prime Minister is due to meet shortly with the Russian President. Putin appears to be engaged in a power struggle against his military and the foreign ministry.
- Thank You for Putin’s openness to Netanyahu. May he recognize that it’s in Russia’s interest to allow Israel freedom to act against her enemies in Syria. May he understand than Iran is Russia’s enemy as well as Israel’s.(Proverbs 19:21)
- Give Putin the upper hand in his internal struggle. May his attitude prevail as regards Israel and the Middle East.
- Anoint this coming meeting – give clarity and understanding between these two men.
- Gaza – The past few days have been rather quieter on the border and Israel has destroyed another terror tunnel which reached 200 meters beyond the border fence. It has been estimated that Hamas had invested some $3 million in the construction of this tunnel.
- Lord, thank You that this tunnel has been found and destroyed.
- Show the people of Gaza how Hamas is using resources intended to improve their lives and cause them to rise up against their evil rulers.
- Embarrass the nations donating money to Hamas with the way their donations are being spent.
- Ensure accurate reporting of these events in the media.
- Bring an end to all the activities of Hamas and their people – tunneling, rioting, launching incendiary balloons, attempts to infiltrate Israeli territory and kidnap Israelis, etc.
- Save the people of Gaza.
The fear of the Lord leads to life, so that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil.Proverbs 19:23
- Judea and Samaria – there has been a gradual rise in tension here. Recent terror activity has been carried out by mature men with families rather than youths, in some cases the attackers have been known to the victims.
- Please Father, protect the residents of these areas.
- Bring to light the plans and plots of our enemies so they can be prevented.
For he is thrown into the net by his own feet, and he steps on the webbing. A snare seizes him by the heel, and a trap snaps shut on him.Job 18:8-9
- Protect individuals and communities from being overcome by fear and give discernment of those in their midst who are a threat.
- Protect the Palestinians who really do want good relations with Israel and Jewish people. (Proverbs 10:6)
- Drive back the influence of Hamas in Judea and Samaria.
- Bring a stop to the bursaries paid to terrorists and their families. Let the donor nations end these payments immediately.
- Make them aware of the poisonous nature of the propaganda in Palestinian Authority school books they are also funding, and bring that to an end.
- Bless the soldiers who are keeping guard and keep them and all the people alert against danger.
Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored. Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish. You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent. For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’Isaiah 41:10-13
One keeps calling to me from Seir, ‘Watchman, how far gone is the night?Watchman, how far gone is the night?Isaiah 21:11
- Incendiary balloons – until recently the balloons were only a feature of terror activity on the Gaza border. Recently they have been used in other places, including, this week, in Jerusalem.
- Thank You, Lord, that there have been no injuries from these balloons. (Psalm 118:12)
- Please protect the innocent, and give all the population alertness to watch for threats and look after each other’s safety.
- Anoint the police and the Shabak to find the sources of these balloons and to stop them.
- Watch over Your people, Lord, and especially the children.(Psalm 121:4)
- Rain – we are in the season of the early rains, but the rains have not yet come. We acknowledge that we do not deserve God’s favor. We are a sinful nation and arrogantly believe that we can solve our own problems.
- Lord, have mercy upon Your land!
- Cause the nation to cry out to You for rain. (Hosea 6:3)
- Raise up more believers to intercede for rain on behalf of the nation.(James 5:7)
- You are justified in punishing us and shaming us because of our sins. Yet for the honor of Your name, do not allow the land to dry out. Protect and restore the Kinneret and the Dead Sea. (Exodus 32:11-13)
- Cause the rains to fall in the right places at the right times in the right quantities upon Your thirsty land.(Isaiah 43:19-20)
- Aliyah – Ezekiel prophesied that the land would bear fruit because the people were about to come home (Ezekiel 36:8). Israel now has the largest number of Jews of any nation in the world. But there are many, many Jews who are still living in exile among the nations.
- Thank You Lord, for all who have come home. Burden many more to come! (Isaiah 43:5-7)
- Open the doors to them. Break down the bureaucratic obstacles which can make it so difficult for Jewish people to come home to Israel.
- Block the ‘brain drain’, the process whereby highly educated Israelis prefer to live and work abroad because the opportunities seem so much more attractive elsewhere.
- Wake up the Ministry of Absorption to prepare the place for a huge wave of new immigrants to Israel.
- Direct government housing policy to make ready for multitudes to come home.
- Embolden rabbis and other community leaders to lead their people back to Israel. But even for those not ready to lead the way, make them willing to talk boldly about Aliyah so others will come. (Jeremiah 30:10-11)
- Pour out a greater love for Zion among the Jews in the nations so they long to live in Israel, not just visit or support from afar.
- Speak to many Jews who spent the recent holidays in Israel and have gone back ‘home’ to their nations. Show them that home is truly Israel.
- Burden many lone soldiers who come to serve in the IDF. Prompt them to stay in Israel and prompt many in their families to follow them home.
- Lord, You say You will bring them back. Please do it!
- Chuck Cohen is ministering in the North West of the USA. Meanwhile we are preparing in Israel for our January 2019 conference.
- Please keep him safe and healthy
- Anoint him in the teaching of Your word. Exactly what is needed by the people You bring to hear him.
- Bless and refresh him.
- Guide all the conference preparations and please bring and provide for everyone You want to join us praying in Jerusalem next January.
Every Blessing for a Shabbat Shalom!
The IFI team