- We began by reading all of Psalm 61.
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth I cry unto You. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower before the enemy. I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the hiding place of Your wings. Selah. For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given an inheritance to those who fear Your name. You will add to the days of the king’s life…He shall abide before God forever; prepare mercy and truth to preserve him. So I will sing praise to Your name forever, so that I may daily pay my vows.Psa. 61:1-8
- What a joy to know You as our shelter and strong tower in these days (Prov. 18:10).
- Thank You for hearing our prayers and letting us know that they are a delight to you (Prov. 15:8b).
- Bless You that You prepare mercy and truth to watch over us (Psa. 25:10; 57:3; 69:13).
- You are our Refugee (Psa. 46:1).
- We have great confidence in You who raise up and pull down leaders and nations (Dan. 2:21; 4:25b).
- Yeshua, You are our Rock at all times; we stand in You (2 Sam. 22:47; Psa. 95:1; 2 Pet. 2:7-8)!
- Israeli municipal elections – especially here in Jerusalem – needs to be cover with much prayer. Right now, the whole situation is very confusing with many candidates – some better, some bad.
- Lord, as this is Your city (Psa. 48:8), please watch over Isaiah 1:26 in these elections.
- Raise up the person of Your choice and forbid any other to take the mantel of mayor of Jerusalem (Dan. 5:21b).
- Raise up a mayor who will guard Jerusalem as the united capital of Israel.
- Reveal to us Your choice so that we can pray in line with Your will (Amos 3:7; 1 John 5:14-15).
- Purge this large candidate list of those who are only bringing confusion (1 Cor. 14:33).
- Remove any candidates who see this position as just a stepping stone to the prime minister’s office (Psa. 101:5).
- Abba, please do not allow any Ultra-Orthodox or Arab candidates to win this election – unless we are just not understanding what You are doing. If that is the case, open our eyes (Psa. 119:18).
- National elections are most likely going to be held early – with many thinking before the spring of 2019. Regardless, Israel needs godly leaders in all areas, especially in politics. Does that sound almost impossible? Yes, but we are praying to a God who said nothing is impossible for Him (Jer. 32:27).
- Lord, thank You for all the godly politicians we have in this nation at this time.
- We remind You of Your promise to provide us with shepherds after Your own heart (Jer. 3:114-15; 23:3-4).
- We also look to You to remove all the evil shepherds from Israel (Ezek. 34:7-10).
Evil men do not understand judgment; but those who seek YHWH understand all things.Prov. 28:5
- Provide Israel with leaders who seek You so as to understand what You are saying and doing today (2 Chr. 15:2).
- Raise up the sons of Issachar in all areas of Israel’s society – especially in the Messianic Body (1 Chr. 12:32).
- Thank You for PM Bibi Netanyahu. Continue to bless and protect him (Psa. 80:17).
- Move on him to call for elections according to Your perfect timing (Prov. 21:1; Eccl. 3:1)
- Block all blackmail attempts against the current coalition by Ultra-Orthodox over the draft bill (Num. 23:23).
- In the next elections, remove the Arab Knesset Members who are pro-Palestinian with Arab MKs who are more pro-Israeli Arabs (Psa. 55:2; `40:2).
- Israel’s northern border with Lebanon and Syria is quiet at this time, but the potential for serious danger grows daily. Iran’s proxy, Hezbollah, has over 140,000 missiles and rockets pointed at all of Israel. And the Syrian quagmire could see America and Russia on different sides in an all-out shooting war. Plus having Iran and Turkey, the Kurds and the Syrian army and the Syrian rebels… Israel needs our prayers and His protection.
- Impart to IDF troops on these borders a supernatural alertness and a deep understanding of their responsibility to You and to guard Israel at this time.
And serve YHWH your God and His people Israel, (2 Chr. 35:3b)
- Give Israel real discernment to see what is actually happening in Syria (Isa. 32:3).
- Let Your Spirit fall on many of Israel’s military leaders (1 Chr. 12:18).
- Forbid that Israel be caught between Russia and America in Syria. Guard its good relations with both nations.
- Protect the Kurdish people. Use this dangerous situation to humble them to work together as one (Psa. 10:17).
- Abba, Turkey’s dictator Erdogan is a vile anti-Zionist. Protect us from him and let him fall into the trap he is trying to set for Israel (Psa. 35:8).
- Is this what You are doing?
Come near, nations, to hear; and, people, listen; let the earth hear… the world, and its offspring. For the anger of YHWH is on all nations, and His fury on all their armies. He has completely destroyed them, He has delivered them to the slaughter…For it is the day of YHWH’s vengeance, the year to repay for the fighting against Zion. (Isaiah 34:1-2, 8)
- Almighty Lord of hosts, confound all the haters of Zion who are fighting each other in Syria (Psa. 129:5).
- Guard Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders’ words and thoughts at this critical time (Psa. 141:3).
- Today is Friday, so Israel expects more demonstrations along its southern border with Gaza.
- Again, we ask for a supernatural alertness and understanding for the IDF troops guarding down there.
- Let the soldiers know that ultimately it is You who watches over Israel (Psa. 121:4); yet You often do that by using the IDF as Your weapon of war (Jer. 52:20-23; Ezek. 37:10; Mic. 4:11).
- We pray for protection against all spirits of discouragement from attacking IDF soldiers (1 Sam. 30:6b).
- Also, protect them also from the spirits of extreme hatred that reside in Gaza (Psa. 25:19-22).
- Enable the IDF leadership know exactly what to do and what not to do to protect this nation (1 Chr. 12:32).
- Continue to stir up animosity between Hamas in Gaza and Abbas in Judea and Samaria (Psa. 129:5).
- Show Israel the right time to go on the offensive against Hamas (Isa. 14:31; Mic. 4:11).
- We bless You for the Israeli Navy – and we bless them in the name of Yeshua, the Lord of hosts (Psa. 72:8).
- Strengthen, multiply and protect that small group of believers in Gaza (Matt. 16:18; Acts 4:31).
- We prayed for the true church in the nations – which appears, for the most part, to be sleeping and/or ignoring the signs of the times. We would think that with hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods and droughts happening more often and with greater impact, along with wars – especially those at Israel’s doorstep – the church would be seeking God for what He is saying today. After all, Israel is back in its land and that is the greatest sign of the close of the age. Yet many reports we hear and read are very distressing about the condition of the true church. Comfort, deception, finances and nationalism seem to be ruling the day.
But of the times and the seasons…you have no need that I write to you. For you know that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night. For when they shall say, ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape. But you…are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you like a thief. You are all the sons of light and the sons of the day. We are not of the night, or of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be sober-minded.1 Thess. 5:1-6
- Lord, have mercy on all of us from being deceived or asleep at this time (Matt. 24:4-5, 11, 24).
- Use the increase of persecution in China and Iran to increase the Body of Messiah in those nations (Ex. 1:12).
- As we approach Your most holy day of Yom Kippur this coming Tuesday evening through Wednesday, surprise Your people with a deep encounter with Yourself (Ex. 3:1-6).
- Yeshua, reveal Yourself to us in a way that sets our hearts on fire with love for You (Rom. 5:5; 8:31-39).
- Gift to the Messianic Jewish leaders in Israel discernment from on high, to know what doctrines are demonic and what doctrines are truth (Eph. 4:11-16).
- Impart to all the Israeli Body, and to the Body globally, a deep hunger for the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27).
Your Words were found, and I ate them; and Your Word was to me the joy and gladness of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O YHWH, the God of Hosts.Jer. 15:16
- As mentioned, Yom Kippur – the day of Atonement – occurs this coming week. Many Jews in Israel and in exile will be fasting and asking God for forgiveness of sins and for salvation. What a great time for us to agree in pray with them that their Messiah will save them.
And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, ‘There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob. For this is My covenant with them, when I have taken away their sins’.Rom. 11:26-27
- Lord, may many Israelis who are seeking You find You at this season (Jer. 29:12-13).
- As Jews recite the traditional prayers on this day – and as there are so many quotes from Your Word in them – turn the rote into reality (Psa. 119:18, 105, 130).
- Abba, is it not time to remove that blindness You placed over Your people’s eyes (Rom. 11:25)?
- Yeshua, we proclaim You as both our High Priest and our Yom Kippur sacrifice (Heb. 3:1; 4:14-16; 7:24-28).
- May Your sacrifice bear much fruit during this season (2 Sam. 24:24; Mark 4:20; John 12:24).
- For those who lost loved ones in the 1973 Yom Kippur War, move upon them in a special way, giving them joy for mourning, and beauty for ashes (Isa. 61:3).
- For Your glory, please save unsaved family members of Messianic Jews (Acts 16:31).
- Speak clearly through Your Word as Your people read the book of Jonah on Yom Kippur afternoon (Isa. 55:11).
- At the end of the Yom Kippur service, the last thing said is “Next year in Jerusalem.” It is unfortunate that most who say this really do not mean it – except maybe coming as a tourist. Yet God’s will is very clear – that for His holy name’s sake He is bringing His people home.
Fear not; for I am with you. I will bring your seed from the east, and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Do not keep back; bring My sons from far and My daughters from the ends of the earth; everyone who is called by My name; for I have created him for My glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.Isa. 43:5-7
I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned in their midst. And the nations shall know that I am YHWH…when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all lands, and will bring you into your own land.Ezek. 36:23-24
- As Jews throughout the world say “Next Year in Jerusalem!” we say yes and amen!
- Make this declaration become alive in the hearts of many of your exiled people (Deut. 30:14).
- Speak to Jewish college/university students who are suffering because they are Zionists. Bring them home.
- May the Jews in the UK – facing the threat of a Corbyn government – set their sights on Zion (Jer. 16:16).
- Forbid Jews who are fleeing a dangerous situation from going anywhere else than to Israel (Zech. 8:7-8).
- Place a huge welcome mat in front of the gates of Zion for all Jews – regardless of what they believe or how they look (Isa. 62:10).
- Provide these immigrants with all the financial backing they need to come home and stay home.
- Thank You for each lone soldier. May they decide to remain in Israel after their IDF service is completed.
- Touch all the Jewish youth who come to Israel on Birthright tours (Isa. 62:4-5).
- Lord, open wide the doors for all the remaining Ethiopians to return (Isa. 43:6).
- Open the spiritual eyes of the gentile members of the Body of Messiah to really understand how vital aliyah is to Your end-time purposes, and how You expect them to support it (Isa. 49:22; 60:12).
- When they do, let them both pray for it and give financially towards it (Isa. 60:3-11).
We finished our time, praising the Lord for being inscribed in the Lamb’s book of life, and having an assurance of salvation through the King of Israel, Yeshua the Messiah.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, who blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Messiah; according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to the adoption of children by Messiah Yeshua to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which He has made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace, which He caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and understanding; having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, for an administration of the fullness of times, to head up all things in Messiah, both things in Heaven, and things on earth, even in Him, in whom also we have been chosen to an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will, for us to be to the praise of His glory, who previously had trusted in Messiah;Eph. 1:3-12
Hallelujah and amen!
The IFI team