- We read from this Shabbat’s torah portion to jump start our early morning prayers.
Behold, I have set before you the land; go in and possess the land which YHWH has sworn to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give to them and to their seed after them…Behold, YHWH your God has set the land before you. Go up. Possess it, even as YHWH, the God of your fathers has said to you. Do not fear, neither be discouraged.Deut. 1:8, 21
- We are so blessed to be sitting before You in the nation of Israel, watching as You watch over Your Word to fulfill it (Jer. 1:12).
- Thank You that regardless of what is happening on earth, You have set Your throne in heaven and Your kingdom authority rules over all (Psa. 103:19).
- You are our strong tower and we run to You to find safety (Prov. 18:10).
- Thank You for the garment of praise to overcome the spirit of heaviness that has settled over many here in Zion (Isa. 61:3).
- You are an amazing God, hearing and answering the prayers of Your saints (Psa. 50:15; Prov. 15:29).
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing…Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb forever and ever.Rev. 5:12-13
- The simmering Gaza situation can either boil over into a war, or cool down until the next time the Hamas terrorists controlling Gaza decide they need more publicity and send their people to die while attacking Israel and Israelis.
- God of Israel, continue to protect all Your people who live there – face-to-face with this foe (Jer. 31:10).
- Please guard them and their children from the spirit of hatred that attacks them from Gaza (Psa. 109:3).
- We thank You that despite all the Gazans who have attacked the security fence and all the missiles and other projectiles – including kites – that have been launched – not one Israeli has been killed (Psa. 121:4)!
- Impart great discernment to all the IDF soldiers who are watching along the Gaza border (Hab. 2:1).
- Forbid that the heat distract them from being as alert as possible (Psa. 121:5).
- We do not trust in our weapons of war, but we do thank You for them (Psa. 20:7; Prov. 21:31),
- Protect all of Israel’s spies and collaborators who are on the other side of the Gaza security fence.
- Confound all those who hate Zion – especially any Iranian involvement in Gaza (Psa. 129:5).
- Send a severe division between all the various terrorist groups in Gaza (Psa. 55:9).
- Thank You for reports of a small but growing Body of Messiah in Gaza. Use them for Your glory.
- Abba, Gazan children are brainwashed. Please wash some of their minds in Your blood (Zech. 13:1).
- Lord God, continue to fight for us and carry us through this critical scenario.
YHWH your God who goes before you shall fight for you, according to all that He did for you in Egypt …and in the wilderness where you have seen how YHWH your God carried you…until you came into this place. (Deut. 1:30-31)
- We then prayed for the Israeli leaders – both political and military – to know what to do next.
- Abba, please reveal to Israel’s leaders what Your will is in this pre-war situation (Psa. 95:7-8).
- Enable Prime Minister Netanyahu, Defense Minister Liberman and IDF Chief of Staff Eisenkot to communicate clearly with each other and to come to a unity of mind and purpose at this time (Acts 2:1b).
- We ask for clear strategies to be formulated – those which line up with Your counsel.
There are many purposes in a man’s heart, but the counsel of YHWH shall stand. (Prov. 19:21)
- Clear away all confusion and fear of man – and hold them under Your guiding hand (Psa. 25:9; 31:3).
- Aid our leaders to be led by the fear of God and not the fear of man (Prov. 1:7; 29:25).
- Lord, please show us Your will about Gaza so that we can pray more concisely (Amos 3:7).
- Both Israel and Hamas are saying they do not want a war, but what are You saying (Isa. 55:8)?
- We do ask for You to have mercy on our enemies (Matt. 5:44-45), but we also ask that Israel would not be more merciful than You want it to be (Rom. 13:3-4).
- In the north, Syrian President Assad’s troops are clearing out areas right next to Israel’s Golan Height’s border.
- Lord, thank You for using Moses to conquer the Golan for Israel.
Og, king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle…And YHWH said to me, Do not fear him, for I will deliver him, all his people and his land, into your hand…So YHWH our God delivered Og into our hands …and we struck him… and took all his cities …We took at that time out of the hand of the two kings of the Amorites the land on this side Jordan, from the river of Arnon to Mount Hermon, (Deut. 3:1-4, 8)
- Give much wisdom to our leaders in defending our inheritance from the Islamic hordes (1 Sam. 7:13).
- As much as possible, please protect all innocent Syrians near the Israeli border.
- Unless it is time for Israel to expand its borders (Isa. 54:2-3), please protect all of its current borders.
- Continue to maintain the excellent relationship Israel has with Russian troops in Syria (1 Kin. 5:12).
- Reveal to Russian President Putin and his advisors that Iran is not to be trusted (Psa. 41:9).
- One of the issues with Syria retaking all the land next to Israel is that after the 1973 Yom Kippur War, the cease-fire agreement drew up a disengagement border between Israel and Syria that has made that border Israel’s quietest since 1974. Israeli leaders have insisted that this agreement be kept and have threatened to use military force against Syria if it is breached.
- Lord, again we ask that Israel’s yes will be yes and Israel’s no will be no (Matt. 5:37).
- Impart wisdom to Israel on how to enforce this demand (Prov. 24:6).
- Anoint all of Israel’s spies and collaborators to share vital actionable intelligence at the right time – and give whomever receives this intel wisdom to know what to do with it (Prov. 15:22).
There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against YHWH. The horse is prepared for the day of battle; but safety is from YHWH. (Prov. 21:30-31) Let Israel trust in You and prepare its horses!
- Iran has tried to take over Iraq with its very large Shi’ite population. Yet we are hearing that just like in Iran, street protests are happening in Iraq as well. Iranians and Iraqis are apparently fed up with not having enough to eat or drink, yet seeing their nations fight against Israel – wasting money that could be used to relieve the common people’s dire straits.
- Guide the people to become very effective in resisting their wicked leaders (Prov. 24:24).
- Somehow, use this to cause Iranian and Iraqi ties to be completely broken (Psa. 74:13-14).
- Abba, increase the earthquakes that are happening specifically along the Iran-Iraq border (Isa. 2:19-21).
- Use this time of increasing unrest for Your glory (Psa. 115:1-3).
- May the Church in these nations rise up and declare the real answer for their people.
…sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope in you, with meekness and fear; (1 Pet. 3:15).
- We lift up the Kurdish people in both these nations, asking for You to deal with their internal divisions and aid them to see the opportunity they have to press on towards the creation of a state for themselves.
- This past week, Israel passed the Jewish Nation State Law which has caused a huge uproar from friends and foes alike. To be honest, this is much ado about nothing, as all this law has done is add to the Basic Laws of Israel – which are as close to a constitution as Israel has – what was already stated in its Declaration of Independence, which was that the gathered dignitaries “hereby declare the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel , to be known as the State of Israel.” It also establishes the official language as Hebrew; it recognizes the flag, and the land as belonging to the essence of what makes up the Jewish-State. There are other issues also, but it does not reject Israel as being a democracy nor does it denigrate its minority populations.
- Lord, first we thank You for the current Israeli government that – despite the warnings and threats – did the right thing in passing this law (Rom. 12:21).
- Show us how to pray for Jews – especially in exile – whose identities are more tied up with democracy and liberal secular humanism than with the fact that they are Jews and still part of Your chosen nation.
- Confront them all with their hypocritical opposition to this bill, and show them that if they want to have say in Israel’s elected government, they should make aliyah and then vote here (Acts 8:21).
And what comes into your mind shall not happen at all, when you say, We will be like the gentiles, like the families of the countries, to serve . As I live, says the Lord YHWH, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, I will reign over you.” (Ezek. 20:32-33)
- God, when we see the fury against this law by Turkey’s dictator Erdogan, Palestinian President Abbas, and the anti-Israel Israeli-Arab Parliament members, we realize that this must be of You and ask for You to give Israel’s ambassadors and other spokespeople wisdom to confound all arguments against it (Psa. 37:30: Prov. 10:31; Luke 21:15).
- Shut the mouth of the left-wing media lions who rage against this law (Psa. 36:3; Dan. 6:22).
- Thank You that this is a victory for PM Netanyahu. Encourage him over this Shabbat (Psa. 80:17).
- A law on who can be a surrogate parent was passed this week in the Knesset, and it rejected gay couples from being able to do this. While this is a victory for what is right and biblical and what is best for the child, the gay community and other liberal-minded Israelis are up in arms. But for many, this is just another opportunity to blast Bibi Netanyahu. The gay community is trying to organize a nation-wide strike on Sunday – and already have many who will be joining with them. How to pray? We were led simply to pray for their salvation.
- Lord, these people are seeking for love and acceptance – but are looking to man, instead of You. Please meet with them and eat with them as You did with the sinners and tax-collectors (Matt. 9:11).
- Open gay eyes to the reality of Your resurrection.
‘Behold My hands and My feet, that I am He! Touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see Me have’…He showed them His hands and feet, and while they still did not believe for joy, He said, ‘Have you any food?’ (Luke 24:39-41)
- Show the Messianic Jewish and Israeli Christian community how to take advantages of all opportunities that You give us to speak with and minister to these people (Luke 10:2; 1 Cor. 3:6; Gal. 6:9).
- This fall local elections are being held throughout Israel. Jerusalem will be voting for a new mayor.
- Lord Yeshua, this is the city of the great King (Psa. 48:1-2, 8). Whom do You want to be Your minister to run this city for the next number of years (Dan. 5:21b)?
- Whoever is elected, may it be someone who recognizes that Jerusalem is Your city.
- Many have thrown their hat in the ring. Pull out from this race all who are not of You (Psa. 97:1; 99:1).
- Give wisdom to the voters (Jam. 1:5-6).
- Protect us all from the left-wing media onslaught, and let us vote in line with Your will (Prov. 16:9).
- National elections are supposed to take place in the fall of 2019, but we have a sense that they will happen before that. We want to be pro-active and start praying into this very important issue.
- Give Netanyahu Your wisdom on the timing of the next elections (1 Chr. 12:32).
- Please let him – and us – know whether You want him to run again.
- If it is not Bibi, please reveal to us Your choice for Israel’s next prime minister.
- If Bibi is to step down, show him who will replace him and let Netanyahu mentor his successor.
- May this current government and the coming government to glorify You (Psa. 115:1-3).
- Tisha B’Av, the 9th of Av, starts tonight, but it will be observed starting tomorrow evening after Shabbat. On this day in history many tragedies have struck the nation of Israel and the Jewish people. Many fast during this day and some read the book of Lamentations as well. We prayed for many Jews to have an encounter with their Living Messiah. And as this day recalls the destruction of the first and second temples in Jerusalem, we also asked for many to be added to the third temple that God is building in His city today – the Living Temple made out of living stones – the Body of Messiah. Here are a couple of websites for more information on this day of mourning:
Shabbat shalom from Zion
The IFI team