- We read from Psalm 143:8-12 this morning.
Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, for I do trust in You; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You. Deliver me, O YHWH, from my enemies; I flee to You to hide me. Teach me to do Your will; for You are my God; Your Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. O YHWH, for Your name’s sake quicken me; for Your righteousness’ sake, bring my soul out of trouble. And out of Your mercy cut off my enemies, and destroy all those who afflict my soul; for I am Your servant.
- We are so grateful that through Messiah Yeshua You have called us to Yourself (Isa. 55:1-4).
- We praise You Lord for Your memorial name: the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Ex. 3:15)
- What encouragement to realize that regardless of what happens – You remain the same (Mal. 3:6).
- You know the end from the beginning so that nothing takes You by surprise.
- While we do not know what the future holds – we know You who holds the future (Isa. 42:9)!
- Thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (Psa. 119:105)
- Yeshua, we declare this morning in Jerusalem that You are the Lord of lords (Rev. 19:16), the Alpha and Omega (Rev. 22:13), the Lion of Judah and the Root of David (Rev. 4:5; 22:16).
- In line with First Timothy 2:1-4, we began with interceding for Israel’s government – and in particular, Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu.
- We do bless You for raising up Netanyahu to be Israel’s leader at this time (Dan. 4:25b).
- Continue to strengthen and encourage him (Psa. 80:17).
- Abba, over Shabbat, draw him and his household closer to You through Messiah Yeshua (Psa. 73:28).
- Bring Psalm 50:15 to His remembrance and let him call out to You daily.
- Protect him physically (Psa. 3:3) and give him a miraculous ability to rest and recover (Psa. 127:2).
- Abba, may Your healthy, holy fear be poured out upon Israel’s prime minister (Prov. 9:10; Isa. 29:23).
- Lord, may Your Spirit to have His way with Netanyahu and all Israeli government ministers this day.
- Enable the security cabinet to walk in unity and impart wisdom to them on how to protect this nation at this time.
The horse is prepared for the day of battle; but safety is from YHWH. (Prov. 21:31)
- Thank You for protecting Israel (Psa. 121:4) – yet do help its leaders prepare its horses for the battle.
- Shut the mouths of security cabinet members who are only there for political gain (Dan. 6:22).
- Bring Netanyahu and Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman into one accord as to their goals (Psa. 133:1).
- Continue to refine and mature Liberman to be all that You have created him for (Mal. 3:3; Heb. 12:6).
- We prayed specifically for Bibi in his role as Israel’s Foreign Minister – which he does so well.
- We give You the glory for the excellent job Netanyahu is doing in this office (Psa. 92:4).
- If there is someone else who should take this over from him – show him and may the transfer be done both smoothly and swiftly (Dan. 2:21).
- Continue to allow Bibi to have a good relationship with both US President Trump and Russian President Putin – yet give him great wisdom in his relationships with these two (Prov. 8:15-16; 21:1).
- Let him only declare as Israel’s redlines those things that Israel is willing to act upon (Jam. 5:12).
- Lord Yeshua, since the government is on Your shoulders (Isa. 9:6-7), and since You sent out apostles/ ambassadors, we ask You to watch over and anoint all Israel’s ambassadors to the nations (Zech. 8:13).
- If there are some who should not be there, replace them with the right people (Dan. 5:21b).
- We do thank You for the exponentially better relationship Israel has with the Trump administration that it had with the previous one, yet we pray these verses over all Israel’s foreign affairs:
It is better to trust in YHWH than to trust in man. It is better to trust in Jehovah than to trust in princes. (Psa. 118:8-9)
- This coming Monday, July 16th, Trump and Putin are to meet in Helsinki, Finland. Their talks about the Syrian chaos will directly impact Israel. So we prayed…
- Lord, may the conclusion that these men come up with be an answer to our prayers that all Iranian and Shi’ite troops – including Hezbollah – be routed out of Syria (1 John 5:14-15).
- And since so much of Syria is part of the Promised Land, please watch over Your Word:
YHWH is King forever and ever; the gentiles have perished out of His land. (Psa. 10:16)
- May Your fear be very present in this meeting (Psa. 14:5; Eccl. 3:14).
- Their hearts are in Your hands (Prov. 21:1). Turn them to make decisions that will bring You glory.
- May both be influenced greatly by what Netanyahu has shared with them and may they agree on the need to guard Israel and its interests in its neighborhood.
- Syria, which we have been praying about, is a mess. It appears that President Assad will eventually take back almost his entire nation – that is, whatever is left of it. Meanwhile, the Syrians are suffering.
- Lord, although Syria is reaping what they have sowed, we still ask for mercy (Jam. 2:13).
- Show all Syrian believers the responsibility they have to stand in the gap for their nation (Ezek. 22:30).
- Protect all Israel’s spies and collaborators (Josh. 2:1-21).
- Expose any hidden Shi’ite troops among the Syrian army (Job 12:22).
- Also reveal if there is any hidden Iranian nuclear activity going on in Syria (Psa. 33:10-11).
- Stir up Putin to be so upset with Iranian activity in Syria that he cuts off relations with Iran (Psa. 55:9).
- As You said a number of times that Damascus will be destroyed, is this that and if so, how should we pray?
Concerning Damascus, Hamath and Arpad are put to shame…They are melted; anxiety is in the sea; it cannot be quiet. Damascus has become feeble; she has turned to flee, and trembling has seized her. Anguish and sorrows have taken her like a woman in labor…So her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be silenced in that day, says YHWH of Hosts. And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall burn up the palaces of Ben-hadad. (Jer. 49:23-27; cp. Isa 17:1-2)
- Protect all Israel’s Air Force incursions into Syria and send out a host of angels with each Israeli sortie.
- May Israel’s insistence that all Syrian troops be removed from the 1974 disengagement zone be backed up militarily if need be (Deut. 19:14; Psa. 74:17; 147:14).
- Abba, You heard US Senator Lindsey Graham’s warning to Israel re: its relations with Russia. Although he is a strong supporter of Israel, still he lives more than 6,000 miles away from the Syrian border, while we live right next to it. Speak to him about how You view this situation (Lev. 25:23).
- Keep all the IDF soldiers on that border alert against any attacks or kidnapping attempts.
- We bless You for all the Israelis who live on the Golan. Draw multitudes more to join them and then save them all.
And I will again bring Israel to his home, and he shall feed on Carmel and Bashan , and his soul shall be satisfied on Mount Ephraim and Gilead. In those days, and at that time, says YHWH, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and it shall not be found; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found; for I will pardon those whom I leave as a remnant. (Jer. 50:19-20)
- We have just experienced a series of earthquakes in Israel – most of which were centered in the Sea of Galilee region. Some of us were struck with the thought that these quakes could be an answer to our prayers for God to miraculously create new water sources – specifically for the Sea of Galilee.
- Lord, this is Your land. We are asking that You would not allow it to dry up (Deut. 11:11).
- Create new sources of water for this nation, just as You said in Isaiah 41:17-20.
- Are You using these quakes to open up new sources? We ask that You would do that (Psa. 33:7).
- Have mercy on Your people as many Israeli houses are older and not earthquake proofed (Luke 6:48).
- Stir up all the government agencies that are responsible for this area to do all that is needed to prepare this nation for a major earthquake.
- As budgeting is always a fight, may Your priorities determine what gets spent where (1 Tim. 6:17-19).
- We returned briefly to one other government issue – the ultra-Orthodox draft bill. The summer/ High Holiday break is almost upon the Knesset – Israel’s parliament – and it will be a very long break.
- Lord, we ask that the bill about the ultra-Orthodox draft into the IDF will pass before the summer break.
- Forbid that the threats of the Haredi/ultra-Orthodox would prevent this from passing (Num. 23:23).
- We thank You for all the Haredi who are already in the IDF and/or the workforce (2 Thess. 3:10).
- Also, during this last week may nothing that is not from You pass (Prov. 19:21)
- Most likely, later today at the Gaza border, another mass demonstration will take place. Israel will defend itself; there will be casualties and maybe a death or two. Also, more of God’s precious land will go up in smoke and fire as these Gazans continue to send over fiery terror-toys of death.
- Lord, how long? (Psa. 6:3-5) Arise God and scatter these who delight in war (Psa. 68:30b).
- Bless all of Israel’s firefighters who are doing a tremendous job in fighting these terror fires.
- Lord, send inspiration from heaven on how to stop these flying attacks (Prov. 16:9).
- Protect and encourage the Israeli farmers and others who live there with the gift of trusting in You:
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my tower; I shall not be greatly moved. (Psa. 62:2).
- By Your holy fear, scare off those who send fires into Your land (Rev. 15:4).
- Drain the energy from the Friday demonstrations and dry them up completely (Isa. 14:30).
- Change the wind direction and blow these flaming attacks back on those who send them (Isa. 14:31).
- Protect the small – but apparently growing – church in Gaza and use them in prayer to work together with You for Your glory (Psa. 50:15; John 15:16).
- We are grieved by our brothers and sisters in Messiah who are deceived and stand against what God is doing in Israel with all of His heart and soul (Jer. 32:41). We do not mean those who say they are Christians – but are not. We do mean the born-again believer – the one who is filled with His Spirt – and still resists His will for this nation. Is this part of the end-time apostasy that the Bible warns about?
- Abba, have mercy on these, Your children (Rom. 11:32).
- Bring them back to having more faith in Your Word than what they see in the media (2 Cor. 5:7).
- For those who say they know what is best for the Palestinians, confront them with their arrogance in thinking they know better than You – or that they love the Palestinians more than You who died for them.
There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end of it is the ways of death.Prov. 14:12
- Deal with their arrogance and pride against the natural branches – the Jews (Rom. 11:18-20)
- Raise up genuine biblical teachers for Your Body and remove all those who fill Your children with demonic doctrines, saying the nation of Israel is the main obstacle towards world-peace, defeating Islamic terror, removing Trump, having your mortgage paid off, healing your marriage, making contact with alien life, whatever! How absurd – yet many believe in a Jewish conspiracy to rule the world (Jam. 3:1).
- We finished by praying for aliyah – the immigration of the Jews from exile to Israel. Please ask Him to remove the Jews from Your nation – and remember that this is for His holy name’s sake, so ask in faith and be prepared to help in other ways as well.
And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. And the gentiles shall know that I am YHWH, says the Lord YHWH, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the gentiles and gather you out of all lands, and will gather you into your own land.Ezek. 36:23-24
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion
The IFI team