- Before we started to pray today, the Lord met with us as we sat together in silence for a minute or two. We then read from Psalm 47:
Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! For the Lord Most High is awesome. He is a great King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under us, and the nations under our feet. He will choose our inheritance for us, the excellence of Jacob whom He loves. Selah God has gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises! For God is the King of all the earth. Sing praises with understanding.God reigns over the nations, God sits on His holy throne. The princes of the people have gathered together, the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God, He is greatly exalted.
- Thank You, for the confidence that You are on Your throne.
- Lord, nothing takes You by surprise.
- Thank You Lord that You neither slumber nor sleep. (Psalm 121:4)
- You are faithful and just and You reward those who diligently seek You.
- Your mercies are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- You are the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)
- The earth melts at the sound of Your voice. (Psalm 46:6)
- You are greatly to be praised in the mountain of holiness. (Psalm 48:1)
- Thank You that You are our guide forever. (Psalm 48:14)
- Gaza border – although it was anticipated that last week was the last Friday in Ramadan, the end has been extended so that the post-Ramadan feast only begins tonight. We need to keep up our guard in praying over Gaza. There is a threat that 5000 fire kites will be released today to cause more havoc on the Israel side of the fence.
- Thank You, Lord that there has been no loss of Israeli lives during this period of violence on the Gaza border. And thank You that the trouble has been contained without much worse violence.
I said to the Lord: “You are my God. Hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord. O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.”Psalm 140:6-7
- Please continue to turn away the violence. (Psalm 140: 4)
- Protect the soldiers who are there protecting us.
- Thank You for the heavy rain in the area this week. May the water in the ground continue to prevent fires.
- Cause the land to recover miraculously and sprout immediately after the fire damage, so You will be glorified. (Job 14:7)
- Send strong winds in the right directions to blow the kites back into Gaza. (Psalm 104:3-4)
- You have chosen to place Your name and reputation upon the city of Jerusalem.
- Reveal Yourself here in Your city. (2 Chronicles 12:13) (1 Kings 11:36)
- Reveal Yourself to the Moslems worshiping in Your city today.
- Let Your shalom be upon Jerusalem today and in the days to come.
- Give alertness and wisdom to the police and soldiers on guard in Jerusalem and elsewhere today. (Isaiah 31:5)
- Cause Your people worldwide to remember and to pray for Jerusalem. (Psalm 122:6-9)
- United Nations – The UN General Assembly voted this week on a resolution to condemn Israel for its handling of the Gaza situation. There was an attempt by the USA to amend the resolution so that it also condemned Hamas. The amendment received a majority of votes in favor but not the two thirds majority needed to adopt it.
- Thank You that there was a majority of votes willing to condemn Hamas at the UN.
- Thank You for American UN Ambassador Nikki Haley who continues to stand boldly for Israel in this intensely anti-Israel forum. Bless and protect her in body, mind and spirit.
- Put the UN in its place, O Lord. May Your will be done in it and through it!
- Judge the hypocrisy of the nations, O God! Especially those who call themselves friends of Israel and then consistently vote condemnation upon Israel.
Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek Your name, O Lord, that they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, are the Most High over all the earth.Psalm 83:16,18
- Continue to move the nations to move their embassies to Jerusalem.
- Trump – Kim summit – the leaders of North Korea and USA met this week for a highly publicized meeting in Singapore. It is not clear yet what implications this meeting will have for Israel.
- Lord, this was not a surprise to You. May Your will be done in the world in the aftermath of this meeting.
There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.Proverbs 19:21
- Give Israel’s leaders wisdom in their responses and speeches following this event.
- May Israel not look to President Trump for her security, but to You, O God! (Isaiah 30:2)
- Where there may be any ungodly plans formed in this meeting, expose those plans made in secret. (Psalm 36:1-4)
- Iran – North Korea and Iran have been collaborating closely for years, so there are likely to be knock-on effects on Iran from the Trump-Kim meeting. Meanwhile, Russia appears to have been working on Iran to withdraw its forces and Hezbollah forces from close to the Golan Heights border with Israel. However, according to reports, they have moved out and then moved back dressed in Syrian regime uniforms.
- Give wisdom to Israel’s leaders regarding the situation in Syria. (Psalm 5:8) (Proverbs 2:6)
- Impress on Russian President Putin the importance of keeping Iran under control.
- Give Israel’s soldiers and security services great alertness regarding everything going on in Syria.
- Inspire and protect Israel’s spies and informants in Syria. May they see all they need to see and be able to communicate the information to those in Israel who need to know.(Job 12:22)
- Bibi Netanyahu – we continue to uphold Israel’s Prime Minister in the face of the continual intense pressures upon the nation and upon its leader. The legal investigations against him and his wife Sara continue.
- Give Bibi Your strength and guard him against burnout and against worry.
- Guard him also against pride and complacency.
- Give him good refreshing sleep, night by night. (Psalm 127:2)
- Give Bibi friends who will just be friends to relax together with.
- Protect the Netanyahus’ family life. Make them a great support for each other and bless them with Shabbat rest.
- Give them faithful counsellors who will bring wise, stable, appropriate and even unexpected counsel exactly when it is needed.
Where there is no counsel, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.Proverbs 11:14
- Please save them!
- Salvation –
- Thank You for the growing body of believers in Israel and for rapidly increasing openness to the gospel.
- Inspire those using the media to proclaim Yeshua the Messiah.
- Thank You for a variety of open, public outreaches in Israel, including in Jerusalem in recent weeks and months.
- Provide those who will come alongside each new believer to disciple them. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Give Your people a hunger for You and Your word and for the gathering together of the saints. May we gather in homes and cafes, in parks on the streets as well as in congregational meetings.
- May our love for one another draw others into the kingdom.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.John 13:34-35
- IFI – Eliyahu, Chuck and Claude have returned to Israel following the conference in Scotland.
- Thank You for the work done – for all You have accomplished through them during their weeks of service overseas.
- Abba Father, give them rest. Restore them physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and equip them to continue following Your path for them now they are back home in Israel.
- Give them rest this Shabbat.
Be still and know that I am God.Psalm 46:10
Shabbat Shalom from the IFI team.