- Praise: We are in the middle of the feast of Dedication/Chanukah, so the prophetic portion for this Shabbat is Zechariah 2:10-4:7.
Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion. For behold, I come, and I will dwell in your midst, says YHWH. And many gentiles shall be joined to YHWH in that day, and shall be My people. I will dwell in your midst, and you shall know that YHWH of Hosts has sent Me to you. And YHWH shall possess Judah, His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again. Be silent, all flesh, before YHWH; for He has risen out of His holy dwelling place.
This is the Word of YHWH to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says YHWH of Hosts. Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain; and he shall bring forth the top stone with shoutings, Grace! Grace to it!
- Thank You that we see today how many gentiles are joined with Jews in Yeshua (Romans 1:16).
- You are God and what You say You will do – You do (Numbers 23:19).
- We bless You for all Your precious promises upon which we can rest as we run the race set before us (2 Peter 1:4; Hebrews 12:1-2).
- God of grace and mercy – we thank You for all that You gift us with (Ephesians 2:8).
- In the light of US President Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem and all the craziness surrounding that, we are encouraged by this verse from Shabbat’s prophetic portion:
And YHWH said to Satan, YHWH rebuke you, Satan! YHWH who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! (Zechariah 3:2)
- Yeshua, You are the Light of the world who has given us light (Psalm 36:9; John 1:9)
- Security: For Jerusalem and the surrounding areas.
I, says YHWH, will be to her a wall of fire all around, and the glory in her midst.
- This is Your city (Psalm 48:8). Arise and protect it for Your name’s sake (Isaiah 37:35).
- Continue to bless and use all Israel’s security forces in defending this nation (Isaiah 41:10-16).
- Help them to co-labor with You, because You say in Psalm 127:1b,
unless YHWH keeps the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. We thank You that You do watch over this city/nation (Psalm 121:4).
As birds flying, so YHWH of Hosts will defend Jerusalem; also defending, He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it.
- Keep all of us who live in Jerusalem alert and aware of their surroundings.
- Totally confuse all those who are planning to attack this city and its people (Psalm 35:26).
- Thank You that most of the demonstrations against the Trump recognition of Jerusalem as being Israel’s capital have not been very large or impactful (Proverbs 22:8).
- Abba, hinder all media induced riots, as the rioting is too often encouraged by media coverage.
- Lord, to those who say,
Let us take possession for ourselves of the houses of God, we ask that you make their words of incitement
like a wheel; like the stubble before the wind. (Psalms 83:12-13)
- Security: The relative calm that has existed in the south of Israel since 2014 has been broken. Missiles have been shot from Gaza towards the Israeli communities there. Hamas says this is because of Trump’s Jerusalem recognition. No Israelis have been killed or physically injured, although the emotional and mental anguish resulting from this should not be ignored. Israel needs to know how to respond.
- Lord, these attacks against Israel are not Trump’s fault. Do not allow our family in Messiah Yeshua to be deceived by excuses from Islamic terrorists who really need no excuse to kill Jews – or Christians!
- Since Hamas is celebrating its 30th anniversary by stirring up hatred against Israel, make this their last celebration.
Destroy, O YHWH, and divide their tongues; for I have seen violence and fighting in the city. (Psalms 55:9)
- Confound all the various terrorist groups in Gaza and set them against one another (Psalm 129:5).
- Enable Defense Minister Liberman and all the IDF command staff to defend this nation with great strength and courage (2 Chronicles 32:7).
- Reveal all remaining terror tunnels and allow the IDF to destroy each one of them (Job 12:22).
- Prevent all kidnapping attempts from succeeding (Proverbs 19:21).
- Bring an increased alertness to the soldiers who are assigned to the Gaza area (Psalm 44:5).
- Do not allow the mixed – male/female – combat units to be distracted by the opposite sex.
- Protect and comfort Israelis living within range of Gaza’s terrorists’ activities (Psalm 121:3-4).
- Security: We then prayed for Israel’s internal security situation. There is a radical minority of Israeli Arabs who are enemies of the state. This includes most Arab Knesset – parliament – members. Also, Israel needs to deal with the Palestinians who have been stirred up by their leaders.
- Lord, deal with this radical minority so that they will not end up ruling over the majority of Israeli Arabs who prefer to live in Israel than any other nation in this region (Jeremiah 12:14-17).
Let them be humbled and put to shame who seek after my soul; let them be turned back and be brought to shame who plot evil to me. Let them be as chaff before the wind; and let the Angel of YHWH drive them away. Let their way be dark and slippery; and let the Angel of YHWH pursue them. For without cause they have spread their net for me in a pit…Let destruction come upon him, he will not know; and let his net which he has concealed catch him, let him fall in it, into destruction.
- We bless our enemies, and ask that You cause all their demonic plans to fail so that they understand that Allah is not God (Matthew 5:44; Psalm 83:16).
- Give wisdom and courage to Israel Arabs to vote for Knesset members whose concern for them will be greater than their hatred towards Israel and its Jews (Romans 13:1-4; 1st Timothy 2:1-4).
- Protect all Israeli security forces at all the check points and the bus and train stations (Jeremiah 31:10).
- Uncover all plots that try to bring harm to Israelis or tourists (Ecclesiastes 3:18).
- Deal with the unscrupulous media who always finds a way to blame Israel when it defends itself.
- Thank You for the Christian and Muslim Israelis who do stand up for Israel openly. Bless and protect them and all their families (Genesis 12:3a).
- Security: The situation along Israel’s Lebanon and Syrian borders is still fraught with danger.
- As Israeli leaders make decisions to protect this nation – show them to be more concerned about Your approval that man’s.
It is better to trust in YHWH than to trust in man. It is better to trust in YHWH than to trust in princes. (Psalms 118:8-9)
- Lord of hosts, impart Your wisdom to Israelis who are responsible for dealing with the enemies who are now encamped alongside Israelis borders (2nd Samuel 5:24).
- Abba, You hear Hizbullah head Nasrallah’s blasphemous words against Your land and people. Is it not time to show him that You are God (Psalm 10:4-12; 68:1, 30)!
- As he is threatening to turn his terrorists against Israel at this time, give Israel courage to pre-empt as and when needed (Ecclesiastes 8:11).
- We praise You that Israel has been doing that with weapon transfers between Hizbullah and Iran. If need be, may Israel increase its attacks in this area.
- Thank You also that Russia entrenched in Syrian has not stood against Israel’s red lines.
Arise YHWH; let not man prevail. Let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear YHWH, let the nations know they are but men. Selah.
- Israeli PM Bibi Netanyahu is being questioned again today. Another leak from these sessions said that the police want to incriminate Bibi for both the cases they are investigating him for. Also, there is the daily cares of being Israel’s leader that he deals with. He needs our prayers.
- Abba, have mercy on Bibi and his wife Sara and their sons (Lamentations 3:22-23).
- May the truth come forth and may these investigations be resolved speedily (Psalm 43:3).
- Lord God, arise and rebuke any and all satanic attacks against this man (Zechariah 3:2).
- Deal with all those who are illegally leaking what is happening behind closed doors (Psalm 57:3).
Mercy and truth have met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. (Psalms 85:10) May this be true in these accusations against Netanyahu and his family.
- Thank You for all Netanyahu has done up to now as Israel’s leader.
- If You have allowed the pressure to increase on Netanyahu because of his seemingly servile relationship with Trump, show him and may this lopsided relationship be broken (Jeremiah 17:5).
- Remind him that he is Israel’s Prime Minister – and not the Governor of another American State.
- Give Bibi the same backbone to deal with Trump that he has in dealing with Russia’s Putin (Isaiah 50:7).
- Lord, prepare whomever it is that will eventually follow Netanyahu as Israel’s leader – and if You would be gracious to reveal Your choice to us, we will pray for them (Amos 3:7).
- American Vice-President Mike Pence, a strong Christian-Zionist, will be visiting Israel and other nations in our region this next week. As many leaders in the Middle East, including Palestinian Pres. Abbas, are refusing to meet him because of Trump’s Jerusalem recognition, this is a great time to pray for the anti-biblical land-for-peace process die a real death.
- Lord, we thank You for placing Pence, Your son, in a high position of influence. Use him for Your glory’s sake here in Israel (Psalm 115:1-3).
- Anoint him to be an encourager to Netanyahu and to be able to hear what Bibi says (Proverbs 17:17).
- Protect Pence from all assassination attempts (Psalm 119:114).
- Thank You for continuing to harden the hearts of Israel’s enemies so that Your land cannot be divided any further (Leviticus 25:23; Romans 9:14-23).
- Let the boycott of Pence be taken by Trump as a personal affront and use this to open Trump’s eyes to the type of people with whom Israel is being asked to make peace (Psalm 55:21).
- Abba God, how much longer? Use this Pence boycott to kill this peace process (Jeremiah 6:14; 8:11).
- As we are in the midst of Chanukah, we prayed for the true Light of the world, Yeshua the Messiah, to shine ever more brightly in the hearts of His still chosen people (Romans 11:28). Please join in and pray for the salvation of many Jews at this very time. Pray as specifically as you can, whether for individuals you know or for specific groups. And remember, we are asking God to save them – so that through them He can be glorified!
- We ended by continuing to pray for water. Israel desperately needs the rains in heavy amounts in the right places. Continue to join us in this request as well.
May the Light of the world, the Messiah Yeshua, shine even more brightly in and through you during these days. We are so grateful to God for you – our extended family – who stand with us on Jerusalem’s walls, asking for His kingdom to come and His will to be done here in Zion unto the ends of the earth.
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of YHWH,
as the waters cover the sea.
Shabbat shalom and Chanukat sameach
The IFI team