- We read the part of the story of Gideon and his band of 300 warriors and were encouraged by the fact that God does not save by many – or by few (1 Samuel 14:6).
YHWH said to Gideon, The people with you are too many for Me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel boast themselves against Me, saying, My own hand has saved me.
The blew the ram’s horns, broke the pitchers, held the torches in their left hands and the ram’s horns in their right hands to blow, and they cried,
A sword for Jehovah and for Gideon!
- Thank You that You are still the same today as You were in biblical times (Malachi 3:6).
- You are totally sovereign and we trust in You (Psalm 103:19).
- We are so blessed that You have called us to Yourself (John 15:16).
Let everything that breathes praise YHWH. Hallelujah!
- We praise You that You exist in eternity. Time does not limit our God (Revelation 21:6)!
- Thank You for the Cross, Lord, and thank You for the empty tomb (Mark 16:6).
- What an awesome privilege to serve a prayer-answering God (1 John 5:14-15).
Call on Me in the day of trouble; and I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.
- The P5+1 nations [US, UK, France, Russia, China + Germany] in nuclear talks with Iran, have capitulated and given Iran everything they wanted and more. They have even committed to help Iran protect its nuclear program from various assaults, including cyber-attacks. US President Obama pressed for the UN Security Council to approve this deal last week, which they did by 15-0 vote. Yet the US Congress, which has 60 days [approx. Sept.15th – in the Days of Awe between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur], still has a chance to vote against this demonic agreement. So we prayed for the US Senators and Representatives to reject it. Many of you are not Americans, but this agreement impacts the whole world.
- Lord, we see this as an agreement born in Hell’s headquarters, as it would hinder the restoration of the Jews to their land and their Lord – thus delaying the return of Messiah Yeshua.
- Therefore, God, we plead with You to touch all those in the US Congress – especially any believers – and give them great boldness to ‘Just say no’!
- Move upon the Democrats to vote against their President’s manipulations and capitulations.
- May the push for a UNSC vote, even before Congress approved this deal, backfire.
- Protect all congressmen and women from Obama’s and Kerry’s manipulations.
The transgression of the wicked says within my heart, (Psalms 36:1)
There is no fear of God before his eyes.
- Abba, let Your fear descend upon all members of the US Congress (Proverbs 1:7, cp. v. 29)
- Lord, have mercy on America and the rest of the West by not allowing this agreement with hell to pass.
- Lord, prevent Obama and Kerry from making this an ‘Israel’ issue.
- Expose all of the lies that Obama has told about this agreement.
- Abba, thank You for many of the American Jewish groups – like AIPAC – who are rallying around seeing this agreement defeated in the Congress. Give them much wisdom in approaching this.
- [Please pray over your nation’s involvement in this horrific deal.]
- One of the main reasons why the West is succumbing to the anti-God spirits of humanism, Islam, etc., is the absence of spiritual protection from the Church in these nations. Many Western churches curse Israel – whether via replacement or fulfillment theology, backing the BDS movement, or standing for ‘social justice’ as opposed to God’s justice, etc. While Yeshua set us free from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13), the promise of Genesis 12:3 (Gal. 3:8), which includes not just the gospel to the gentiles but also His protection over Israel [
I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you.], is still valid today (Gal. 3:17-18). Thus these churches are under God’s curse and powerless to stand against the enemy’s onslaught. So we prayed for His Church to see the light and receive the gift of the love of truth (2 Thessalonians 2:10b).
- Lord, grace Your Body to arise and hold on to biblical truth – regardless of the cost (Proverbs 23:23).
- Pour out the Spirit of truth on the Church in America (John 14:17; 15:26; 16:13).
- Send forth true prophetic voices to shout from the rooftops the dangerous reality of the hour.
- How long O Lord? Is it not time for You to arise and wage war against replacement theology that is stripping Your Body of divine protection?
- Abba, protect the Church outside of the West from all the demonic lies about Israel.
- Challenge Your church to see that standing with Your Kingdom purposes today means standing with and supporting what You are doing in Israel – all for Your holy name’s sake (Ezekiel 36:23-32) – as You are restoring Your people to Your land with all of Your heart and soul (Jeremiah 32:41-42).
- Recalling Romans 8:28 and knowing that Israel is
called according to His purpos, we prayed next for God to turn this wicked deal into
good for this nation.
- Use this to bring a deepening sense of unity to both the government and the people (Judges 20:1).
- Raise up voices that will speak truth in the Knesset – Israel’s parliament (Zechariah 8:16-17).
- Lord, with gross darkness already covering the earth (Isaiah 60:2), help Israel to
Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of YHWH has risen upon you (Isaiah 60:1)?
- Give Israel’s government wisdom on how to respond to this Iranian deal.
- Cause this situation to press Israel to start depending in You for its protection (Proverbs 21:31).
- Cause this situation to press Israel to start manufacturing all that it will need to defend itself – without having to look to America (Isaiah 31:1).
- Help Israel to develop game-changing weapons – especially with laser and EMP technology.
- You have raised up PM Bibi Netanyahu for just this time. So we continue to pray for him,
Let Your hand be on the Man of Your right hand, on the Son of man whom You have made strong for Yourself. (Psalms 80:17)
- Iran’s leaders today are all proud and arrogant, having gotten all they demanded – and more -from these negotiations. Yet God’s Word declares,
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18). So we asked God to use their bombastic conceit to bring down this wicked and dangerous Islamic Shiite regime.
I will set My throne in Elam , and will destroy the king and the rulers from there, says YHWH.
- Continue to set Your throne in Iran by saving multitudes of Iranians.
- Set the Iranian Church free from all anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist tendencies. In fact, cause them to purposely bless Israel and in return be blessed exceedingly abundantly (Ephesians 3:20-21).
- Lord, as per Your Word, destroy this Shiite regime and humble all its leaders (Psalm 83:14-18).
- Put a hook in their jaw and use their arrogance to draw them into Your trap (Isaiah 37:22-29).
- If need be, use these nuclear ‘gallows’ that these modern-day Hamans are building to hang Israel on, just as You used the gallows Haman built for Mordechai (Esther 7:10).
- As the Iranian Revolutionary Guards declare their love of death, we ask as per Your Word:
Rebuke the wild beasts of the reeds, the herd of bulls, with the calves of the peoples, trampling down with the pieces of silver. He scatters the people who delight in war. (Psalms 68:30)
- Send a spirit of confusion into the minds of Iran’s nuclear scientists and destroy this program from the inside (Psalm 129:5).
- Aliyah – the immigration of Jews in exile back to Israel – is always on our hearts and minds.
- Draw Your people home from the West as they see the anti-God direction their societies have taken.
Thus says YHWH of Hosts: Behold, I will save My people from the east country, and from the west. I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem, and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.
- May many of Your people respond to the fishers and return, yet we do see You releasing the hunters as well (Jeremiah 16:16). So we pray,
O YHWH, save Your people, the remnant of Israel. (Jeremiah 31:7)
- And we look expectantly to Your answer:
Behold, I will bring them from the north country and gather them from the corners of the earth, and with them the blind and lame, the woman with child and she who is in labor with child, together; a great company shall return there. They shall come with weeping, and with prayers I will lead them…for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn. Hear the Word of YHWH, O nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, saying, He who scattered Israel will gather him and guard him, as a shepherd guards his flock. (Jeremiah 31:8-10)
- Thank You for the tens of thousands of young Jews who are here on various summer tours. ‘Marry’ many of them to this land (Isaiah 62:4-5), and make them lovesick over it when they return to exile.
- Abba, wake up the Jews in Europe to see that their time there is finished.
- Lord, whatever it will take to get the millions of American Jews to even consider coming home, do it.
- Impress upon them to return now – while they can still come with their ‘silver and gold’ (Isaiah 60:9).
- We bless You for the current increase of aliyah – especially from France and Ukraine.
- The land of Israel is an integral part of God’s end time plans, as Messiah Yeshua returns here. Although God has promised this land to His people over 200 times in the Bible, the world – and much of the Church – disagrees with Him (Psalm 2:1-6). But our current government is beginning to act like it should, and build in all areas of our God given inheritance. And we were thrilled to hear Michael Oren say that Jesus and his family would be seen as settlers today – as they came from Bethlehem. Ha!
- Thank You for this government making a decision to build again in Judea and Samaria (Jeremiah 31:4-5; Zechariah 12:2-3).
- We do bless You for all of the building that is ongoing in many areas both in and around Jerusalem.
YHWH builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. (Psalms 147:2)
- May all of Israel, and especially it leaders, agree with Nehemiah:
The God of Heaven, He will bless us, and we, His servants, will arise and build. But you have no portion nor right nor memorial in Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 2:20)
- Continue to anoint all of Israel’s foreign ambassadors to speak a word in season that will confound all the anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic forces.
- Give great wisdom and courage to all of Israel’s leaders as they face the world trying to divide this land and create another Islamic terror state.
- In line with Isaiah 14:29-32, Lord, whatever it takes, prevent the creation of ‘Palestine’.
- We finished by praying for the maturing of the Israeli Body of Messiah.
- Raise up mature elders to build up Your flock (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- Strengthen our biblical foundations (John 17:17).
- Lord, may we love Your Word (Psalm 119:97, 113, 163).
Great peace is to those who love Your Law; there is no stumbling block for them.
- We ask for an awakening in the Israeli Body to watch and pray (Mark 13:33).
- Lord, for those who are called to intercession, we ask for Your strength to stand and withstand.
- Be all of this and more to us:
In that day YHWH of Hosts shall be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, to the remnant of His people, and for a spirit of judgment to him who sits in judgment, and for strength to those who turn back the battle to the gate. (Isaiah 28:5-6)
Shabbat shalom and blessings from the city of the Great King.
The IFI team
You shall arise, and have mercy on Zion; for the time to pity her, yes, the set time, has come.