Proverbs 29: 18 proclaims, “Where there is no vision, the people perish. . . .”
God is using a tough businessman and entrepreneur, a visionary like Donald J. Trump to restore vision and repair morale in the USA, but the opposition seems unprecedented. There is even a new syndrome described by the Urban Dictionary as the Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS): “A mental dysfunction causing those detractors with hateful thoughts and feelings about Donald Trump to go unhinged.”
However, today’s newsletter of American radio talk show host Michael Savage summed up President Trump’s first speech to a joint session of Congress.
“You say, ‘Well what did it really accomplish?’”
“The naysayers are saying, What has he really done?
“Well, my friends, he’s raising the spirit of America, up by degree.”
“Each time he gives a speech, each time he goes and does a rally, he raises up the spirit of America.
“He makes us proud to be Americans again.
“Lets us breathe freely as free citizens again.. . .
“And we feel better about ourselves and our nation when he speaks.
“You’ll see that in order to restore a body, for example, that’s falling apart, whether it be a person or an army, you first have to increase the morale.
“You have to raise the morale of troops before they can fight well.
“And the same thing goes for a citizenry.
“You must raise the morale of a citizenry in order for the citizenry to be able to act properly. In order for a citizenry to take their nation back.
“That’s what he’s doing.
“And if only that, that’s good enough for me right now.
“You know, I don’t expect the moon from any one man.
“But the inspiration that he is inducing in the American people is something to behold, and that’s what I saw during the speech.”
MEANWHILE, repairing the U.S.-Israel relationship has become priority number one for a large faction of Republican leaders.
The more than 70 lawmakers suggest five key priorities to help strengthen U.S.-Israel ties under the Trump administration:
- “Signaling the Palestinian Authority to give up their goal of destroying Israel and accept Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish State”
- “Ending incitement and violence against Israel and Jews promoted by the Palestinian Authority”
- “Reversing, to whatever extent possible, one-sided United Nations resolutions harmful to Israel and to Judaism”
- “Moving our embassy, currently located in Tel Aviv, to Jerusalem as soon as practicable, consistent with ‘The Jerusalem Embassy and Relocation Act’ of 1995”
- “Opposing efforts to de-legitimize Israel through boycott, divestment, and sanction”