Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3
Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. Psalm 103:1-8
- The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- Lord, nothing takes You by surprise.
There is none like You. 2 Samuel 7:22
- It is You who give us a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Great is Thy faithfulness, O God our father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee!
- US Embassy – the US Congress has passed a law requiring its Israeli embassy to be moved from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem. Every 6 months for the past 19 years every president has signed a waiver to postpone this move taking place. This week President Donald Trump continued the tradition and signed a waiver. While it looks as though he is breaking a promise he made during his election campaign, he does seem to favor Israel and yet is under huge pressure to conform to years of compromise on this and many issues. The embassy move can still be ordered at any time. We prayed particularly for the response of Israel’s leaders to this decision.
- Lord, give the leaders of Israel Your wisdom in responding to Trump’s decision. Have Your hand over all they say and don’t say about it.
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.
- Help us not to put our trust in the USA or in Donald Trump but to put our trust fully in You.
- You have made it clear in Your word that Jerusalem is at the very center of Your purposes. Keep us believing in Your word not in the word of Donald Trump.
- Thank You that Your plans for Jerusalem are not dependent up on the location of the American Embassy.
- Give Binyamin Netanyahu wisdom and direction and the anointing to lead the way forward following this apparent setback.
- Bring the coalition government of Israel together over this.
- We ask that President Trump might still move the American Embassy to Jerusalem according to Your timing.
- Ramadan – today is the first Friday of the Moslem month of fasting and prayer. It is normally a time of increased security tensions, particularly on Fridays when hundreds of thousands of people seek to gather on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem for prayer.
- Lord, give wisdom to Israel’s security forces during this month to know how to handle the emotions of multitudes of Moslems, often stirred up against Israel by the preaching of their leaders.
- Give alertness to those who are guarding against people intent on doing evil acts of terror, especially after many days of high alert during the visit of President Trump, Jerusalem Day and Shavuot.
- Protect all the security personnel from murderous attacks against them. Guard them against “alertness-fatigue”. Guard them against all distractions – tiredness, hot weather, mobile phones. Give discernment of danger and decisiveness to act when needed.
- Set Your warrior angels to protect Your land and Your people and Your city, Jerusalem the City of the Great King. (Psalm 48:2)
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in. Psalm 121:8
- Watch over and protect all goings out and comings in during these days.
Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. Psalm 127:1
No weapon formed against you shall prosper. Isaiah 54:17
Like birds flying about, So will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Isaiah 31:5
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces. Psalm 122:6-7
- Salvation of Moslems – during this month of Ramadan there are many multitudes of Moslems earnestly seeking the truth.
- As the Moslems fast during the daylight hours and they are hungry and thirsty, may they hunger and thirst for You and for the truth.
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
- Do miracles, Lord. Reveal Yourself in dreams and visions.
Who is like You, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? Exodus 15:11
- Draw them by Your love out of their subjection to obligation and fear and hatred.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
- Jesus name above all names, beautiful Savior, glorious Lord. Immanuel. God is with us. Blessed Redeemer, living Word.
- May multitudes of Moslems come to know You as Immanuel – God with us!
- Salvation of Israel – we prayed in the light of news this week that an Israeli brother, Tony had died this week in Iraq after being knocked down by a car. Tony was a passionate and fearless evangelist always ready to share the gospel with his people and all other people.
- Lord, pour out Your love on Your people and let them recognize You.
- Let them have the eyes of their hearts enlightened in order to understand their calling and their inheritance. (Ephesians 1:18)
- Remove all the stumbling blocks of history and language and tradition which stand in the way of the Jewish people recognizing their Messiah.
- Pour out Your Spirit upon Your chosen people:
And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. (Joel 2:28)
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him (John 6:44) Draw Your people to Yourself.
- Thank You for the example Tony was of zeal for the gospel of Yeshua. We ask that according to Your word You will send out more laborers into the harvest field (Matthew 9:37)
- You are the way the truth and the life. (John 14:6)
- Aliyah – we recognize that while Jewish people can come to faith in Yeshua while they are living in ‘exile’ among the nations, Ezekiel 36 suggests that Aliyah is a precondition for the fullness of salvation which is to come among the Jews.
For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean. Ezekiel 36:24-25
He who scattered Israel will gather him, And keep him as a shepherd does his flock Jeremiah 31:10
- As You said through Moses and Aaron to Pharoah in Egypt
Let My people go! (Exodus chapters 5-10), so would the Interior Ministry in Israel now say on Your behalf “Let My people come!”
- Use the terror and the threats of terror among the nations to show the Jews they need to come home to Israel.
- Remove the obstacles standing in the way of Your people coming home – excessive bureaucracy in the Interior Ministry, racial prejudices in Israel, unnecessary obstacles to working in certain professions in Israel, language difficulties, etc.
- Make a way for all those Jews for whom there seems to be no way:
With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)
- Scottish Prayer Conference – our brothers Eliyahu, Chuck and Jeremy are involved this week in the annual prayer conference for Israel in Blairmore House, Scotland. This conference ends on the day before the General Election to be held in the UK.
- Thank You for gathering Your people together to pray according to Your agenda. Please lead and guide them so that they would accomplish in prayer everything You want to accomplish through them this week.
- Keep our brothers Eliyahu, Chuck and Jeremy in perfect unity and peace during this time.
- Lead them and the Church throughout the UK to cry out to You for this nation. Have mercy on the UK.
- We ask for Your outcome in this General Election.
- Call Your people in every nation to ‘stand in the gap’ in prayer for Your purposes to be worked out in their nation. (Ezekiel 22:30)
Halleluyah for the Lord our God the Almighty reigns!
Shabbat Shalom from the IFI team!