- We opened up the meeting by reading Psalm 47.
- Clap your hand, all you peoples; shout to God with the voice of triumph, for YHWH, Most High, is awesome, a great king over all the earth. He shall subdue the peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He shall choose our inheritance for us, the majesty of Jacob whom He loved. Selah. God has gone up with a shout, YHWH with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praise to God…sing praise to our King…For God is King of all the earth; sing praises with understanding. God reigns over the nations, God sits on the throne of His holiness. Rulers of the peoples are gathered together, the people of the God of Abraham; for the shields of the earth are God’s; He is lifted up on high.Psalms 47:1-9
- Hallelujah! You are King of Kings, the King of the nations and Israel’s King (Psalm 103:19; 149:2).
- Great is YHWH, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of His holiness. Beautiful on high, the joy of the whole earth is mount Zion…the city of the great King.Psalms 48:1-2
- Thank You for choosing our inheritance for us (Psalm 47:4).
- We are so grateful for Your continued faithfulness to this nation and to us (Jeremiah 31:35-37).
- We are witness to the truth that You have restored Your city Jerusalem to Your people (Nehemiah 2:20).
- Thank You for encouraging us to approach You with boldness in prayer (Hebrews 4:16).
- This Wednesday, May 24th, is Jerusalem Day – when Israel celebrates the reunification of this city to this nation in 1967, 50 years ago.
- Thank You for reuniting this city.
What God has joined together let no man separate. (Matthew 19:6)
- Abba, protect and defend Your city – for Your holy name’s sake (Isaiah 37:35).
- We thank You for being able to freely and openly meet in Jerusalem as believers in Messiah Yeshua.
- You have chosen Jerusalem for Israel’s capital (2 Chronicles 6:6; Psalm 132:13; Zechariah 3:2).
- May all Israelis who were born after 1967, find someone to tell them how much more dangerous and difficult it was to live in Israel and Jerusalem before that ’67 Six Day War.
- Forbid that this city will ever be willingly divided by Israel.
- May Israel never treat its inheritance like Esau did (Genesis 25:32; Malachi 1:3).
- Wake up the true Church to see as precious and prophetic that which You did in reuniting Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the gentiles until their time is fulfilled.Luke 21:24b
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; those who love you shall be blessed.Psalms 122:6
- As Ethiopians will be remembering on this day their return to Israel and the many who died along the way, please heal their broken-hearts, and bind up their wounds (Psalms 147:3).
- Open a door quickly for the rest of the Ethiopians to also return home (Isaiah 43:6).
- Obviously, Jerusalem day is a security headache – as the enemy loves to wreak havoc on Jews during times of celebration. And as US President Trump will have just left, with all Israel’s security forces on super high alert for that, Israel’s guardians will be stretched out.
- Lord, we trust You to be Israel’s Ultimate Guardian (Psalm 121:4).
- Yet as You often guard Israel through its people, please keep Your hand on all our security forces – and do not allow them to drop their guard after Trump has left (Isaiah 41:14-16).
- Quicken all those who will be guarding the gates to Jerusalem’s Old City.
- Enable the commanders to know how to use their people as this coming week is fraught with security dangers, especially with the Islamic holy month of Ramadan starting next Friday (I Chronicles 12:32).
- Protect this whole nation. Do not allow the focus to be solely on Jerusalem so that the enemy can slip in to Tel Aviv or Haifa or wherever (Jeremiah 31:10).
- Forbid the spirit of anarchy that is attacking Trump’s presidency from entering this land.
- Do not allow Trump’s time in this region blind Israeli leaders to the dangers around this land.
- God, keep not silence, do not hold Your peace, and be not still. For behold, Your enemies shout, and those who hate You have exalted themselves. They take shrewd counsel against Your people, and plot against Your hidden ones, saying, ‘Come, let us cut them off from being a nation, so that the name Israel may be remembered no more’.Psalms 83:1-4
- Trump’s first stop on this trip will be in Saudi Arabia. While they are seen as “moderate”, they are actually the originators of all Sunni Islamic fundamentalist terror and no friend of the West.
- Lord, protect President Trump from being taken over by the spirit of Islam (Ephesians 6:11-12).
- Protect Trump from his pride as he will be treated like a king by the Arab leaders (Proverbs 29:23).
- Open his eyes to the way that Arabs see the world and help him to understand that it is not the same as those who are raised with a Judeo-Christian background perceive the world or life or God.
- For who is God besides YHWH, or who is a Rock except our God?Psalms 18:31
- Guard his mind from the lying tongues of those in the US State Dept. who see Saudi Arabia as more important an ally to America than Israel.
- Aid the Church in America to be praying prayers of protection for their leader in this den of Islam.
- Do not allow Melania Trump to submit to the hijab – the Islamic head covering for women.
- Abba, if possible, cancel the billions of dollars of weapons that America is selling to the Saudis.
- Trump’s second stop will be in Israel – including a visit with Palestinian Authority President Abbas in Bethlehem.
- Lord, protect Trump while he is here from any assassination attempts.
- Speak to him that Jerusalem is Your city and Israel’s capital (Zechariah 1:14; 14:16).
- Speak to him through Your land, and remind him that Bethlehem is the city of David and Yeshua. Unto you is born today, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord. Luke 2:11
- Move upon him to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem without delay.
- Convince him that this move is both just and right and will not harm all real peace efforts.
- When the embassy is moved, may it be done without a cost to Israel.
- Lord, block all unbiblical demands to any Israeli leaders from even being spoken.
- Have I not written to you excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make you know the sureness of words of truth; to return words of truth to those who send to you? Proverbs 22:20-21
- Use America’s Israeli Ambassador, David Friedman, to speak truth to Trump and lead him away from all anti-biblical demands, or even suggestions (Proverbs 12:20).
- If there are any Trump advisers who are not counseling him with truth – shut his ears to their words.
- Give Israeli leaders a conviction of the righteousness of Israel’s stance and an ability to just say “No!”
- Show both Israeli and American leaders that all the carrots given to the Palestinians has not soften their demands – but has only made Israel’s situation more precarious. Let the sticks be brought out!
- Warn him to not resist that which You are doing in Israel for Your holy name’s sake (Ezekiel 36:1-37).
- For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you will perish; yes, those nations will be completely wasted. Isaiah 60:12
- This is a crucial time for the American Church to stand in the gap for their leader and nation.
- Thank You for all American intercessors who are standing before You with an understanding that America’s relationship with Israel is crucial in Your sight (Numbers 24:9b; Ezekiel 22:30).
- Use John Hagee to stir up many Christian Zionists to bug the White House to do that which Trump promised to do in relation with Israel and Jerusalem (Luke 18:2-5).
- As many believers have become disappointed with Trump, show them to take that disappointment to You (Psalm 50:15).
- Remind those who prayed Trump into office that they need to continue to pray for him while he is in office (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
- Speak by Your Spirit to any real prophets in America that the issue in front of Your eyes is how their nation deals with Your nation (Joel 3:1-2; Zechariah 2:8).
- The Palestinian prisoners’ hunger strike continues. And next Friday, with the start of Ramadan, many others will be joining, at least during daylight hours, as during this month Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset.
- Lord, do not allow the weakened state of these jailed terrorists manipulate Israeli leaders to be more merciful than You are with murderers (Genesis 9:5-6; Numbers 23:23).
- Impart to Israel Your wisdom on how to deal with this dangerous situation (1 Chronicles 22:12).
- With all the security nightmares of the coming week, God have mercy and give much grace to Israel’s security forces in preparing for the perilous month of Ramadan when Islamic feelings are heightened.
- Help the Foreign Ministry put forth Israel’s case for the jailing these terrorists and how well they are in fact being treated (Micah 4:2).
- Abba, please appear to many Muslims over Ramadan and translate them from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of Your Son, the Lord Yeshua (Colossians 1:13)
- Use ex-Muslim believers to minister unto those who are still trapped in Islam.
- We finished by praying for the local Israeli Body to recognize and celebrate the restoration of this nation and Jerusalem – as per God’s will and timing.
- Lord, thank You for bringing us into Your kingdom for just this time (Esther 4:14b).
- If there are any Israeli believers who really do not see how miraculous the restoration of this nation and this city is –use this next week to open their eyes.
- How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good tidings, making peace heard; who brings good news, making salvation heard; who says to Zion, Your God reigns! The voice of Your watchmen shall…lift up the voice together; they sing aloud, for they shall see eye to eye, when YHWH shall bring again Zion. Isaiah 52:7-8)
- Thank You for being alive to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Jerusalem’s end-time restoration and to see all the nations gnashing their teeth against this city’s union (Zechariah 12:2-3).
- Lord Yeshua, cause many Messianic Jews in exile to also celebrate this prophetic fulfillment and as they do, make them very, very homesick, and then show them Your cure for their homesickness – aliyah!
- And the ransomed of YHWH shall return and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy on their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Isaiah 35:10; 51:11
IFI-Germany is holding its annual prayer conference starting this Wednesday evening. Please keep Eliyahu, Ofer, Heinz-Jurgen and the IFI-Deutschland team before the throne so that God’s perfect will will be accomplished in all they pray and say.
Shabbat shalom and thank you,
The IFI team
How shall we sing YHWH’s song in a foreign land?
If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget.
If I do not remember you, let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth;
if I do not prefer Jerusalem above my chief joy.