- As we began this morning in Jerusalem, we read through Psalm 46.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear when the earth changes, and when mountains fall into…the seas…There is a river whose channels gladden the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. God is in her midst; she shall not be moved; God shall help her at dawn. The nations raged; kingdoms were shaken; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. YHWH of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Come, behold YHWH’s works… who makes wars to cease to the ends of the earth… ‘Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the gentiles; I will be praised in the land’. YHWH of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Psalms 46:1-11 various
- We are so blessed that You are still the God of Jacob – as well as the God of Israel.
- We bless You for being our refuges and strength – today!
- Great is Your faithfulness day by day (Lamentations 3:23).
- Lord Yeshua, Your grace is truly amazing (Revelation 1:4; 22:21).
- We rest in the truth that You are the Creator of all (Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 40:28; 43:15; 1 Peter 4:19).
- The upcoming trip of US President Trump to Saudi Arabia, Israel and the Vatican in late May is very important for Israel, America and the nations of the world. Trump appears to already be seduced with making the “deal of the century” – a peace deal between Israel, the Palestinians and much of the Arab world. Yet Israel has no peace partner and Prime Minister Netanyahu has not been hesitant to say that publically. He even said that Abbas lied to Trump during their meeting this past week in Washington when Abbas said that the Palestinian Authority is preparing their children for peace with Israel.
- Thank You for Netanyahu declaring the truth from Zion about Abbas’ lie (Psalm 71:22).
- Continue to aid Netanyahu and his government to speak truth and not be afraid of man (Proverbs 8:7).
- Lord, keep the American Church at the prayer altar concerning this trip and the Trump administration’s goal of dividing Your land via the idol of “peace” (Leviticus 25:23; Joel 3:1-2).
- Press Abbas and the rest of the PA leadership to overplay their hand (Proverbs 21:1).
- God, with mercy intervene in Trump’s mind and heart about this “deal” .
- Revel to Trump the outright lies he just heard from Abbas.
- If his advisors are just “yes” men, remove them and surround him with people of truth (Proverbs 12:17).
- Abba, we see Trump’s pride as a stumbling stone. Please deal with him in a way he can receive.
The fear of YHWH is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility.
- Trump’s first stop is in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where he will meet with leaders from several Arab nations. Often, the Arab mindset is not understood by Westerns and this leads to all sorts of troubles.
- Lord, let the Arabs’ distain and dislike for the Palestinians be expressed to the President.
- May Trump hear clearly that the Arab leaders are concerned with the Iranian threat and not with the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
- In fact, even if behind closed doors, may he hear from these Arabs that Israel has become part of the solution in the Middle East and not part of the problem (Zechariah 8:13).
- Protect Trump physically, mentally and emotionally from all the forces of Islam (Psalm 115:11).
- Trump will arrive in Israel just before Jerusalem Day, as Israelis celebrate 50 years since the restoration of Jerusalem to Jewish hands. Rumors are that Trump will announce the moving of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem while he is here. Our concern is what this “businessman-politician” will ask in return.
- We thank You for this jubilee celebration of Jerusalem’s release from being trodden down by the nations (Luke 21:24).
- Jerusalem is Your city – the city of the Great King (Psalm 48:1-2; 87:3; Matthew 5:35) – therefore, we look to You to oversee all of vital importance to this city (Isaiah 24:23; 31:5, 9).
- Overrule all of Trump’s plans concerning this city that are not in line with Your will (Proverbs 19:21).
- Although this seems impossible at this time, we are asking You to move the American Embassy to Jerusalem – with no strings attached (Psalm 54:6; Proverbs 11:25).
- If this will lead to the division of Jerusalem – before Your prophetic timing (Zechariah 14:2), then do not let it happen.
- Hedge in US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Jason Greenblatt, Jared Kushner and US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, from being a danger to both Israel and America by their “good intentions.”
- In fact, if Trump’s trip, or the timing of it, is not of You, cancel it completely (Isaiah 37:7a – please note, only the first part of this verse).
- Israel’s leaders face various battles and pressures continually. The only way we can conceive of them handling this is because of the huge amount of people who pray for them. Thank you.
- We thank You for Netanyahu. Please continue to guard and grace him (Psalm 3:3; 80:17).
- Move President Rivlin to get on the same page as Netanyahu over important issues (Proverbs 16:1, 9).
- Surround Netanyahu with counselors who are in one accord in areas of critical importance.
- Raise up government members who really understand the American political scene, and can impart strategic advice the rest of the government (Proverbs 11:14; 15:22).
- In line with the last request, bless and use Michael Oren, Dore Gold, Ron Dermer, Danny Danon, and others who seem to have clarity as to what Israel should and should not do (1 Chronicles 12:32).
- As most decisions concerning Trump’s visit are being made before he arrives – oversee these talks, and impart Your wisdom (James 3:17).
- Miraculously, help the government to present a united front while Trump is in town (Psalm 133:1).
- Hedge in the Israeli media from pressing their mostly left-wing humanistic agenda (Ephesians 2:2).
- This Sunday, May 7th, is the run-off in the French elections. While neither candidate is a shining example of a ruler, a Marie Le Pen victory would encourage many French Jews to leave – with hopefully, many coming home to Israel. And since that is one clear way for God to be glorified (Isaiah 43:5-7)… A Marcon victory would stabilize the EU, and give hope to French Jews that things will get better there.
- Lord, You are totally sovereign, therefore please overrule this election (Psalm 103:19).
- Wake up the French Church to pray over this election as if their lives depended on it (Ezekiel 22:30).
- Whatever happens, bring a massive influx of French Jews to Israel (Zechariah 8:7).
- Whatever is holding back the Jews in France, cut them loose from it. Let them remember Dreyfuss!
- When they do leave, direct the Jews to come home and not go somewhere else.
- Prepare Israel for the receiving of hundreds of thousands of French-speaking new immigrants.
Let us go up at once and possess it, for we are well able to overcome it. Numbers 13:30b
- We prayed for Israel’s overall security.
- Thank You for fulfilling Ezekiel 37:10 in our days:
So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the Spirit came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.
- We confess that You have made the IDF a great army – for Your name’s sake (Isaiah 41:15-16).
For I have bent Judah for Me as a bow; I filled it with Ephraim, and I will stir up your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece, and make you as the sword of a mighty man. And YHWH shall be seen over them, and His arrow shall go forth like the lightning; and the Lord YHWH shall blow the shofar, and shall go out with the tornadoes of the south. YHWH of Hosts shall defend them…and YHWH their God shall save them in that day as the flock of His people; for they are as stones of a crown, lifted up as a banner over His land. Zechariah 9:13-16
- We are so grateful for the relative oasis of peace Israel is today – especially with all that is happening in its immediate neighborhood.
- Continue to aid the IDF to uncover terror cells and weapons caches in Judea and Samaria (Job 12:22).
- Thank You for the miraculous victory in the Six-Day War – 50 years ago (Psalm 44:1-8).
- Allow Israel to always have leaders like David Ben-Gurion, Levi Eshkol, and Menachim Begin who were willing to do the politically incorrect thing because it was the right thing to do.
- May Israel’s current leaders have the courage to pre-empt when and where needed.
- Specifically, impart wisdom concerning Hamas in Gaza and Hizbullah in Lebanon (Psalm 44:4).
- Allow Israel to re-make the F-35s to be all the jet fighter Israel needs (Isaiah 31:5).
- May this cause the fear of Israel’s God to fall on its enemies (2 Chronicles 17:10).
- We finished by praying for the Messianic Jewish Body, both here at home and in exile. Generally, Jews in Israel do not see the world in the same way as do Jews living outside of this land. Israelis tend to be more nationalistic and conservative and Jews living in exile tend to be more globalistic and liberal. And, in general, there are differences between Messianic Jews in Israel and those living in exile as well. Yet we all belong to the same Kingdom through our King Messiah, Yeshua.
- Lord Yeshua, help the Messianic Body in Israel to express ourselves in a way that pleases You and is not just a carbon-copy of anything else.
- Thank You for the Israeli Body’s diversity and all of the various “tongues” it uses in worship (Acts 2:8).
- Lord, please close the doors of this nation to all outside influences and ministries whom You have not called here (Acts 16:6-7).
- We welcome all those who are sent by You, and come in Your name (Acts 16:9-10).
- Speak to many Messianic Jews in exile to come home to Zion (Isaiah 35:10; 51:11).
- We specifically ask that our brothers and sisters in Europe not be deceived that that is their home.
- If there are Messianic believers whom You are calling home now, may they not be fooled into thinking that they can be more of a blessing in exile than here:
We would have healed Babylon, but she is not healed. Forsake her and let us go…for her judgment reaches to the heavens and is lifted up to the skies. YHWH has brought forth our righteousness; come and let us declare in Zion the work of YHWH our God. (Jeremiah 51:9-10)
Thank you for your prayers. We do understand that not every prayer we pray here in Jerusalem will be what you would pray – or even how you would see things. Feel free to pray those issues that you have faith for and to skip any prayer requests that you have questions about.
The IFI team