- To start our time together, we read Psalm 121:
I will lift up my eyes to the hills. Where shall my help come from? My help comes from YHWH, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. YHWH is your keeper…YHWH shall keep you from all evil; He shall keep your soul. YHWH shall keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.
- Thank You for being the Creator for whom nothing is impossible (Jeremiah 32:17, 27).
- We bless You for giving us physical life and eternal life in Your Son, Messiah Yeshua (John 1:4; 14:6).
- It is so comforting to know that You know all our needs even before we ask (Matthew 6:7-8).
- We are sustained in knowing that the Judge of all the earth does what is right (Genesis 18:25b).
- While we do not see the total picture (1 Corinthians 13:12), You always know what You are doing!
- Thank You for giving us Your Word to be a lamp and light in our lives (Psalm 119:105, 130).
- We lean on Your renewed mercies for us and this nation this morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).
- We are very grateful for the freedom here in Israel to meet openly and worship You, Lord Yeshua.
- There are reports that US President Trump with come to Israel for a one day visit in May, very close to Jerusalem Day, when Israel will celebrate 50 years of the reunification of this city. Also, there are hints that he will announce the moving of the US Embassy to Jerusalem during that time.
- If this is in Your will, then clear the path for it all to happen.
- Let Trump recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital without any tit-for-tat bargaining attached.
- We confess that this is the city of the Great King (Psalm 48:1-2; Matthew 5:35).
- Lord, bring down the lie that there is – or ever has been – an Arab East Jerusalem, as that specific area is actually biblical Jerusalem – the only Jerusalem King David and Messiah Yeshua knew.
Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.
Psalms 51:18; cp. 147:2
- Forbid any manipulation to come against Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, forcing him to compromise on the integrity of this city (Numbers 23:23).
If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget. If I do not remember you, let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth; if I do not prefer Jerusalem above my chief joy.
- This coming Tuesday, May 2nd – Israel’s Independence Day – UNESCO is trying to pass another unbelievably anti-Israel resolution which states that Israel has no right to any part of Jerusalem. With all of the Arab nations represented there, it will pass – but we prayed for some nations, especially those in the West, to get a conscience and vote against it.
Why do the nations rage and the people meditate on vanity? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers plot together, against YHWH and against His anointed, saying, Let us break their bands in two and cast away their cords from us. He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; YHWH shall mock them. Then He shall speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His wrath.
- Lord, move upon Western nations to see that by voting for this, they are undermining their Judeo-Christian foundations (Psalm 11:3).
- Wake up the Church in these nations to understand how dangerous voting in favor of this resolution will be to their countries (Joel 3:1-2; Zechariah 12:2-3, 9).
- Lord, this is the city You have chosen. We ask You to rebuke the enemy (Zechariah 3:2).
- To UNESCO, we declare,
The God of Heaven, He will bless us, and we, His servants, will arise and build. But you have no portion or right or memorial in Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 2:20)
- Send a spirit of confusion into this meeting that they end up fighting each other (Judges 7:19-22).
- The situation in Gaza grows worse daily. The Palestinian Authority under President Abbas has just told Israel it will stop paying for Gaza’s electric bills. Gaza’s Hamas terrorist rulers have vowed not to give in to Abbas’ threats. And as Gaza literally grows darker, the world will blame Israel.
- Lord, is another war with Hamas in store for the near future? Show us how to pray (Amos 3:7).
- Protect Israel and give its leaders much wisdom to know how to prepare (Proverbs 21:31).
- Enable IDF soldiers on the Gaza border to be extra alert today and in the near future (Isaiah 41:15-16).
- Expose any tunnels from Gaza into Israel that the IDF has not discovered yet (Job 12:22).
- Hinder any further successful kidnapping attempts (Psalm 121:4).
- Bring the Israeli security cabinet into unity – especially over all plans to defeat Hamas (Proverbs 20:18).
- Increase the animosity between Abbas’ PA/Fatah and Hamas (Psalm 55:9).
- May the innocent Gazans finally direct their anger and frustration at Hamas and not Israel.
- While Gaza is under Your curse for cursing Israel (Numbers 24:9b) – still we pray for as much mercy as possible on the Gazans – especially the brainwashed children (Mark 10:14).
… Gaza also shall writhe in great pain…and the king shall perish from Gaza,
- We turned our attention to the security situation on Israel’s northern border with Lebanon and on its northeastern border with Syria. This past week, apparently Israel attacked a weapons depot on the outskirts of Damascus airport, as well as shooting down a drone flying in from Syria.
- We give You the glory for how the current Israeli government continues to hold its red lines and attacks weapons shipments from Iran or Syria to Hizbullah – even under the noses of the Russians.
- Continue to send out angelic protection over all of Israel’s borders (2 Kings 6:16-17).
- Do not allow this nation to be blindsided by anything that is happening in Syria or Lebanon.
- Give accurate actionable intelligence to Israel concerning all of Hizbullah’s plans (2 Kings 6:8-12).
- Give Israel the courage to act on that intelligence.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of the king of Assyria, or for his entire multitude – for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh, but with us is YHWH our God to help us and to fight our battles.
2 Chronicles 32:7-8a
- Lord, be merciful to Lebanon by setting them free from Hizbullah and its patron, Iran (Isaiah 29:17).
- Bless Israel’s Navy and use it to protect Israel’s maritime borders.
- Quicken the preparation of Israel’s new F-35s and use them like birds flying over Jerusalem to protect Your nation and Your people (Isaiah 31:5).
… YHWH will be magnified upon/beyond the border of Israel.
- May 2nd is Israel’s 69th Independence Day. May 3rd is the first meeting between Trump and Abbas in the White House. This meeting is fraught with much danger – for America. Also, why is this Holocaust denier, Abbas, received with hugs and kisses in all places of power throughout the West? And after that excellent Holocaust Day speech Trump gave this past week, accepting Abbas as a peace partner is either wicked hypocrisy or demonstrates that Trump is deeply deceived about the real issues Israel faces.
- Lord, if Trump is Your child, give him an ability to discern truth from the sly lies of Islam (1 John 4:6).
- Expose the manipulative spirit of Abbas and his henchmen.
Hell is naked before Him, and the Pit has no covering. (Job 26:6)
- Reveal the huge amount of US monies that go to support terrorists and their families under the PA.
- Invade this meeting by Your presence and rule over it (Psalm 103:19).
- Awaken the American Church to see May 3rd as a destiny defining day for their nation.
For, behold, in those days and in that time, when I will bring again the exiles of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and I will fight with them there for My people and for My inheritance Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land.
Joel 3:1-2; cp. Isaiah 60:12; Zechariah 12:9
- May American believers stand in the gap for their nation, specifically over this issue (Ezekiel 22:30-31).
- We continue to pray for Israel’s leadership and also rehearse before God the burden of seeing the next generation of Israel’s leaders who are being raised up today.
said, Surely YHWH’s anointed…But YHWH said to Samuel, Do not look on his face, nor his height, because I have refused him, for I do not see as man sees. For man looks on the outward appearance, but YHWH looks on the heart.
1 Samuel 16:6b-7
- Lord, as You are the One who raises up people in office and takes them away, we trust You do just that – and if it would please You to show us specific people, we will pray for them (Daniel 2:21; 4:25b).
- Abba, aid Netanyahu to complete his days – but not a day more than what You have ordained for him (Isaiah 38:1-39:8).
- Give Netanyahu a burden to help “disciple” the ones who will follow in his footsteps (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Raise up a leader who is more interested in Israel’s well-being than their own self-aggrandizement.
- Heal all relationships between the various politicians in the current government (Psalm 133:1).
- Iran – which still places “Death to Israel” on many of its missiles, and chants this slogan at all of its rallies, is in the process of purchasing of between 100-200 passenger planes – from America’s Boeing and Europe’s Airbus companies. These are the vehicles Iran uses to transport weapons to Syria for Hizbullah. Since Iran still aims to annihilate Israel, this huge deal is very dangerous to it, and to all of Iran’s enemies.
- Lord, break the bow of Elam (Jeremiah 49:35).
- If the new sanctions that the Trump administration against Iran are a real threat, may they come into place before this deal goes through.
- Abba, cancel these deals.
- If that cannot be done, stir up believers in both these companies to warn their bosses on how dangerous this is – to support in this fashion outward enemies of Israel (Genesis 12:3).
- Show the Iranian Church that it must stand with and bless what You are doing in Israel – for Your holy name’s sake (Ezekiel 36:23-24; 37:10).
- Yom HaZikaron – Memorial Day for all of Israel’s fallen soldiers and terror victims – starts this Sunday evening.
- Father of Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3), comfort all those that mourn in Zion (Isaiah 61:3).
- May many in the Body of Messiah be sources of comfort for this people – as per Isaiah 40:1-2.
- Somehow reveal to all survivors that the deaths of their loved ones were not in vain (Psalm 116:15).
- Remove survivors’ guilt from all that walk around with this very heavy weight in their lives.
- Deal with all IDF officers who also have the weight of these deaths on their consciences.
- Lord Yeshua, we know that it is ultimately only in You that freedom can come to these hurting ones. Therefore, save O God, the remnant of Israel (Jeremiah 31:7).
- When Yom haZikaron ends on Monday evening, then Yom haAtzma’ut, Israeli Independence Day starts immediately. It is a bit disconcerting for those who have never experienced it – this going from mourning to rejoicing almost immediately. But there is also something biblical about it as well.
The ransomed of YHWH shall return and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy on their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Isaiah 35:10; cp. 51:11; Esther 9:22; John 16:20-22
- Lord, we bless You for watching over Your Word to preform it today (Jeremiah 1:12; Psalm 119:89).
- What a joy to see you bringing Your people back with all Your heart and soul (Jeremiah 32:41).
- Israel is still a nation before You – despite all the plans of man and Satan (Jeremiah 31:35-37).
- Bless and protect all Israeli Arabs who will be celebrating this day with the rest of this nation.
- Please wake up that part of the Church who just does not get this – and may this day become an independence day for them from all the doctrines of demons and lies of man (John 8:32).
Shabbat shalom and blessings
The IFI Team
For those who are not on the Watchmen from Jerusalem mailing list, please note that a new teaching has been posted on the IFI website dealing with the false wall of separation that man has placed between the Old and New Testaments. As translations become available, language lists will be notified. It can be read in English online here.