February 3rd, 2017
1. This Shabbat’s prophetic portion ends with the following verses:
But do not fear, My servant Jacob; be not afraid, Israel. For, behold, I will save you from afar off, and your seed from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return, be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid. Do not fear, Jacob My servant, says YHWH, for I am with you. I will make a full end of all the nations where I have driven you, but I will not make a full end of you, but will correct you in measure, and not leave you wholly unpunished. Jeremiah 46:27-28
~We thank You for living in these days of seeing Israel’s captivity coming to a close.
~What a blessing to see You watching over Your Word so openly today (Jeremiah 1:12).
~Abba, You are always faithful, even when we are not able to see it (2 Timothy 2:13).
~We praise You that You are always faithful and merciful, as well as just and righteous (Malachi 3:6).
~What a promise we have, that You will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).
~Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Yeshua every knee should bow…and every tongue should confess that Messiah Yeshua is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11
2. Despite our many prayers, the Amona settlement was uprooted this past week. It was a sad and dramatic day – especially the scenes of young Israelis being pulled out of the synagogue. There are also reports of violence from both the settlers and the police. Israel needs our prayers of comfort.
~Lord, while we do not understand why You allowed this to take place – we trust You (Proverbs 3:5).
~Bring healing, physically and emotionally, to all those who were uprooted from their homes and land.
~Pour out Your grace upon this nation so that we can move forward as one (Jeremiah 31:2).
~Speak “peace” to these settlers during this weekend. I create the fruit of the lips; peace, peace, to him far off, and to him near, says YHWH; and I will heal him. (Isaiah 57:19)
~Abba, place in their hurting hearts – a great hope for the future (Jeremiah 29:11; 31:17).
~May new homes be found for them quickly.
~Pour out a heavenly flame retardant on the fires of deep anger in the hearts of the settler youth.
~Hold back the spirit of anarchy and disrespect for elders from these zealous young Zionists.
3. Israel’s leaders and rabbis need great wisdom to know how to address the nation and their congregations in the face of this unbiblical move.
4. Lord, as we have seen so often in the past, once again impart Your wisdom to PM Netanyahu and his governing coalition as they speak about this situation.
~And give to Your servant an understanding heart, to judge Your people, to discern between good and bad. For who is able to judge this, Your great people? 1 Kings 3:9
~Do this for the opposition as well and forbid that they would use this tear in the nation’s heart for their own political gain (Proverbs 15:9).
~Lord, convict the Supreme Court judges who were responsible for this eviction (Deuteronomy 16:18).
~Use the rabbis to be part of the solution and not part of the problem (Zechariah 8:16).
5. PM Bibi Netanyahu has several trips to important nations in the near future. He is traveling next week to the UK, the following week to America, and sometime after that to both Singapore and Australia. Other than Singapore, all these “friends” of Israel have criticized him for freeing up the building of homes in the disputed territories.
~Lord, please be very present in the midst of all these meetings (Matthew 28:20b).
~We declare Your word over Netanyahu and all the leaders that he will be meeting with: There are many purposes in a man’s heart, but the counsel of YHWH shall stand. (Proverbs 19:21)
~Abba, give Netanyahu much wisdom to know what to say and what not to say (Psalm 80:17).
~Help him to know what to push as important for Israel now, and what to not push (1 Chronicles 12:32).
~If possible, insert our brother in Christ, Vice President Mike Pence, in all the meetings that Bibi will be holding with Trump or others in the American administration.
~Bring Your Word alive to UK’s PM Teresa May when she meets with Netanyahu (Isaiah 55:11).
~Open May’s heart to what the Balfour Declaration/San Remo conference resolution really means – that the Jews have international legal rights to settled all of the land of “Palestine” west of the Jordan River.
~May a good personal relationship be developed between Bibi and these other leaders.
~Only allow godly advisors to accompany Netanyahu on these trips (Proverbs 15:22).
~Block all ungodly advisors from going – even if they are already scheduled to be with him.
6. Believers in the nations must see that their nations’ destiny is tied in with how their leaders deal with Israel – God’s nation and the apple of His eye (Deuteronomy 14:12; 32:10; Zechariah 2:8). If they do not, to whom then should we look to stand in the gap between these nations and God’s judgment?
~I sought for a man among them who should make up a wall for the land, and stand in the gap before Me, that I might not destroy it. But I found no one. Therefore I poured out My fury on them…the fire of My wrath. I have given their way on their heads, says the Lord YHWH. Ezekiel 22:30-31
~Lord Yeshua, speak to Your body about the connection between their nation and Israel (Joel 3:1-2).
~Impress on them to pray that their governments not hinder Your will for Israel to be built up today.
~Lord, draw Your people back to Your Word – to all of it (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
~Halt the mutually destructive relationship between elders and congregations to where the people only want to hear ear-tickling messages – and for whatever reason, the elders agree.
~Be ready in all seasons to preach the Word. Reprove, rebuke, exhort with all perseverance and doctrine. For a time will come when they will no longer endure sound teaching, but will gather to themselves teachers accommodating their lusts, tickling their ears, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-4
~Since Your word is a hammer and a fire, break up and burn up all false doctrine (Jeremiah 23:29).
~Lord, arise and build Your Church (Matthew 16:18), and shut-up all anti-Christ spirits that have risen up against Your Word – which is Your truth (John 17:17).
~Give to Your Body more teachers like Paul, who could challenge those he cared for with verses like this: So then did I become your enemy because I speak the truth to you? (Galatians 4:16)
7. We prayed into Israel’s over-all security situation.
~Lord, be our strong tower and shield against Hizbullah and Hamas (Psalm 18:2).
~Watch over this – Your land – both against external and internal threats (Psalm 121:4).
~Confound all those who hate Zion (Psalm 129:5).
~Keep Israel’s soldiers alert to see the dangers and threats before they materialize.
~Expose all plots hatched in darkness by terrorists against this nation and its people (Job 12:22).
~Do not allow any distractions, whether the Amona uprooting, the political scene, personal issues or smartphones, to hinder our physical watchmen from doing their jobs.
~We call on You to continue to do what You said You would do as You regathered this nation: He who scattered Israel will gather him and keep/guard him, as a shepherd keeps his flock. (Jeremiah 31:10b)
~Thank You for the IDF. Use it for Your glory as You said in Isaiah 41:14-16 and Micah 4:11-13.
~Thank You for aiding Israel to develop game-changing weapons and weapons platforms. Give us wisdom concerning whom we can share this with and with whom we should not.
~Give great wisdom to Netanyahu when speaking to Trump and May about Iran.
8. This week’s Torah portion, Exodus 10:1-13:16, recounts the final plagues on Egypt and the sending forth of the Israelis from Egypt. This can be viewed as the first aliyah of national Israel – leaving a foreign nation to go home to Canaan. We used this to pray for today’s aliyah.
~Thank You for calling Your people home today and for the many millions that have responded to that.
~For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all lands, and will gather you into your own land. Ezekiel 36:24
~Yet release a divine solvent to destroy whatever glue has Jews in exile still stuck (Jeremiah 16:16).
~Lord Yeshua, command the Spirit of Humanism to Let My people go! (Exodus 9:17)
~Abba, enable good reports to come forth from Israel to family and friends still in exile.
~Please help the absorption process so that those good reports reflect a true report from this land.
~Give to many Jewish youth in exile the spirit of the young David, who saw Goliath as someone to deal with in Your name – and with complete confidence in You (1 Samuel 17:45-47).
~When Jews visit the land of Israel, give them a deep sense of finally coming home I will again bring Israel to his home, and he shall feed on Carmel and Bashan [the Golan Heights], and his soul shall be satisfied on Mount Ephraim and Gilead [northern Jordan]. (Jeremiah 50:19).
~When You bring Jews out from exile to home, also bring the exile-mentality out of those Jews.
~Release the many Israelis who have found themselves entangled with the leeks and onions of exile.
9. Also in this Shabbat’s Torah portion is the foundational theology for Yeshua being the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of all those who are drawn to Him. Exodus 12 has God’s instructions to Israel through Moses on how to survive that original night of Passover. Their survival depended on the blood of the lamb placed on the outside of the doors of their homes (12:7) – so that when God saw the blood (12:13), He would then protect those inside from His righteous judgment on this final Egyptian god – Pharaoh’s son – along with all of Egypt’s first-born. All this is a picture for us – as the blood of the Lamb Yeshua, protects us from God’s righteous judgment on our sins (1 Peter 1:18-20). So we used this to pray for Israel’s salvation.
~We bless and thank You for the growing Body of Messiah in the land of Israel today.
~We are so grateful for the change in Israeli society that has become – for the most part – much more favorably disposed to Messianic believers (Matthew 10:40).
~Lord, please fulfill at this time Your promise to give Israelis clean hearts and a new spirit in Your land (Jeremiah 32:37-40; Ezekiel 36:25-28).
~By Your Spirit, remove the veil over the minds of the ultra-Orthodox, and all other Jews, when they read Moses (2 Corinthians 3:14-17).
~Use this Shabbat’s Torah portion to draw Your people to the anti-type of the Lamb of God – Yeshua their Messiah (John 1:29, 36; Revelation 5:5-13).
~Touch all the IDF soldiers who will be guarding this people this weekend.
~Bring out a huge remnant among Holocaust survivors and their children, whole Ethiopian families, many religious Zionists, women struggling with having had an abortion, the elderly, terror victims and their families, widows, orphans, lawyers, judges and teachers.
We are so grateful for your covering prayers over us during the prayer conference and tour. While many participants and leaders were hit with various physical illnesses, and some of us still are struggling, yet we sense that we accomplished most – if not all – that was on God’s agenda for us at this time. And that, in no small part, goes to your faithful prayer support for us and words of encouragement to us.
Be blessed from Zion,
The IFI team